Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Mini - Lots of camera dust
2055 4 2020-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JamesB13
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4416 ft
United States

I've had my Mavic Mini for about a week and love it.  However, when I was cleaning the lens with a Canon microfiber cloth to remove any dust before putting it away, I noticed dust had accumulated between the protective glass and the lens.  All of my launches have been from concrete and not bare soil.  I have no other complaints except for this dust issue.

How do you clean that without taking the gimbal apart and voiding the warranty?  I couldn't find anything on the forum regarding this issue on this device. Thank you for your help!

James
IMG_E1751.JPG
2020-8-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there James. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Does it affect the videos and the photos that you have captured? Since said dust is on the inside part of your DJI Mavic Mini's camera. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. Just a friendly reminder that  DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the said DJI drone to avoid further damaging the said unit and to void the warranty of the said DJI drone. We hope to hear from you soon and looking forward to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Thank for your understanding.
2020-8-6
Use props
JamesB13
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-6 19:52
Hello there James. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Does it affect the videos and the photos that you have captured? Since said dust is on the inside part of your DJI Mavic Mini's camera. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. Just a friendly reminder that  DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the said DJI drone to avoid further damaging the said unit and to void the warranty of the said DJI drone. We hope to hear from you soon and looking forward to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Thank for your understanding.

Thank you Stephen, I'll get in touch through the link.  Yes, it caused issues with flight as I left a shady area in flight into a bright sunny area and it was dangerously difficult to see.   I stopped, turned around and flew as I came to be safe.  I thought it was simply sun glare even though I had an ND8 filter on but determined it to be the dust between the glass/lens for the reason I couldn't see.  I just wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking something simple that could be done on my end before contacting support.  Thanks again!   
2020-8-7
Use props
JamesB13
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-6 19:52
Hello there James. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Does it affect the videos and the photos that you have captured? Since said dust is on the inside part of your DJI Mavic Mini's camera. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. Just a friendly reminder that  DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the said DJI drone to avoid further damaging the said unit and to void the warranty of the said DJI drone. We hope to hear from you soon and looking forward to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Thank for your understanding.

Thank you Stephen, I'll get in touch through the link.  Yes, it caused issues with flight as I left a shady area in flight into a bright sunny area and it was dangerously difficult to see.   I stopped, turned around and flew as I came to be safe.  I thought it was simply sun glare even though I had an ND8 filter on but determined it to be the dust between the glass/lens for the reason I couldn't see.  I just wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking something simple that could be done on my end before contacting support.  Thanks again!   
2020-8-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

JamesB13 Posted at 8-7 07:41
Thank you Stephen, I'll get in touch through the link.  Yes, it caused issues with flight as I left a shady area in flight into a bright sunny area and it was dangerously difficult to see.   I stopped, turned around and flew as I came to be safe.  I thought it was simply sun glare even though I had an ND8 filter on but determined it to be the dust between the glass/lens for the reason I couldn't see.  I just wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking something simple that could be done on my end before contacting support.  Thanks again!

Hi there JamesB13. You are very much welcome and thank you for the given update. If you have any other concerns or inquiries with your DJI Mavic Mini or with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you.
2020-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules