keep getting "lost connection with r/c"
390 8 2020-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hawcer
lvl.1
United States

i just received this mavic mini yesterday from dji. After getting everything charged and set up. the controller would not connect to my phone. (iphone 8) cycled things on and off a few times and plugged and unplugged the cable a few times and it finally connected. firmware was up to date.

i get about 10-30 seconds of flight time before conection is lost. i have to unplug the cable from the remote end and plug it back in to get the connection back. sometimes it works,sometimes it doesnt.

I tried a friends new samsung S20 5g phone and the whole system was flawless and worked perfect.

I'm not sure if it's my phone or the patch cable causing the issue. i wish the flymore package included extra cables for each connection type. it would only make sense.

i will try airplane mode this evening to see if anything changes for the better.

edit:
when connection is lost, the drone is still flyable and responds to all commands. i just loose conection in the the djifly app.

2020-8-6
Use props
K6CCC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

Although I don't normally fly my Mini with my @#$%& iPhone 8, I have done so and it works, so it should not be a compatibility issue with the iPhone 8.  Cable issue would be my first slightly educated guess.  Look at the bright side, the required cable is easy to find and inexpensive.  
2020-8-6
Use props
Hawcer
lvl.1
United States

K6CCC Posted at 8-6 07:44
Although I don't normally fly my Mini with my @#$%& iPhone 8, I have done so and it works, so it should not be a compatibility issue with the iPhone 8.  Cable issue would be my first slightly educated guess.  Look at the bright side, the required cable is easy to find and inexpensive.

i'm kinda new to this. where can i find extra cables besides a drone retailer? Are these available at retail stores like best buy and i've just overlooked them?
2020-8-6
Use props
K6CCC
lvl.4
United States

I needed a longer cable between my RC and Android because of how I mount it.  Amazon had a large selection (several from large RC dealers).  I have not looked for lighting cables for drones since I don't normally use my *&%$# iPhone, but I just did a quick search on amazon and there were lots of hits.
2020-8-6
Use props
Hawcer
lvl.1
United States

K6CCC Posted at 8-6 08:10
I needed a longer cable between my RC and Android because of how I mount it.  Amazon had a large selection (several from large RC dealers).  I have not looked for lighting cables for drones since I don't normally use my *&%$# iPhone, but I just did a quick search on amazon and there were lots of hits.

yeah I'm sure amazon has something.  but after waiting for what seemed like an eternity for this drone to get here, ordering another cable because the one that came with it might be junk, is not what i was hoping for. lol

maybe i should look into a mount for my ipad pro while im at it. vision isnt what it used to be.

thanks for the help.

edit:
does the Mavic Air 2 use the same cables? My son has one of those on order, but he uses Samsung so he wont need the lightning cable.
2020-8-6
Use props
K6CCC
lvl.4
United States

Don't know about the MA2, but I also use a tablet holder - but not with a tablet.  With the protective case on my Motorola G7 Power android, it is too thick to fit in the Mavic Mini RC, and it was a royal pain to have to take the phone out of the case every time I flew.  So I bought this tablet holder:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/prod ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It holds the phone just fine, but I needed a couple inches longer cable.  One of these days, I may pick up a tablet for flying the drone, and I will already be set.
2020-8-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Hawcer. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with connection issues with your DJI Mavic Mini. Since both mobile device you are using are recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Mini and for the DJI Fly application and you are having issue with the iPhone 8 mobile device. I could be that the cable connecting the mobile device to the remote controller is not working properly. You may try checking our DJI Where To Buy platform on this link ( https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy ) and our DJI online store ( https://store.dji.com/product/ma ... ion=6&vid=19411 ) to see if those cables that you need is available. Again I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for your understanding.
2020-8-6
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hawcer Posted at 8-6 08:18
yeah I'm sure amazon has something.  but after waiting for what seemed like an eternity for this drone to get here, ordering another cable because the one that came with it might be junk, is not what i was hoping for. lol

maybe i should look into a mount for my ipad pro while im at it. vision isnt what it used to be.

"edit:
does the Mavic Air 2 use the same cables? My son has one of those on  order, but he uses Samsung so he wont need the lightning cable."

No, the MA2 remote has a USB-C connector, not a micro USB connector like on the Mini controller. The cables he gets with his MA2 will not fit your Mini controller.
2020-8-6
Use props
Hawcer
lvl.1
United States

iPhone 8 seemed to work without connection issues while in airplane mode.
I don’t know what is getting disabled in the fly app without a  data connection from my cell phone, but at least I can fly and take footage now.
2020-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules