Dji Fly 1.1.6 <-> 1.1.5 rollback issue on Huawei phones
648 3 2020-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
M4cr0s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1404308 ft
Norway

There is a distinct rollback issue with v.1.1.6 that seem to affect several Huawei phone models. I my case a Hawei Mate 9 Pro running Android 9.1. that have been working flawlessly with v1.1.5 for a month and over 20 hours worth of flight. There are reports of this happening on several other fairly recent Huawei models from before the Google-"ban". For instance the P10/20.

The issue
- You get 1.1.6 the normal way through Google play update.
- The app runs and works, you can fly and everything.
- Seemingly a bit randomly it will drop out to the app boot screen and show the "loading resources" and reverts back to v1.1.5. or, more commonly, when booting the app it will revert back.
- If you then go to Google Play you get no offer to update to 1.1.6 again. If you uninstall and reinstall you will have v1.1.6.
- Uninstalling and then deleting all Dji-related folders on the phone does not make any difference.

2020-8-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Upon checking the Huawei Mate 9 Pro is not listed on the DJI recommended mobile device list as of the moment. This mobile device may work but we cannot guarantee the stability and compatibility when using the DJI Fly application. Rest assured that our DJI R&D team are continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the DJI recommended mobile device list in the future. For reference I have posted an image below for the said list. Thank you.

2020-8-7
Use props
M4cr0s
lvl.4
Norway

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-8 14:42
Not sure this problem is specific to your Huawei, but rather how many of us have downloaded & installed the app from APK Mirror or other sites.  A few minutes ago I noticed an update to Fly in Google Play.  When I checked, the "update" is version 1.1.5.  I already have 1.1.6 installed.  I also remember a couple of the devices I installed 1.1.6 on told me I had a newer version already installed.

My guess is the date code in the version many of us downloaded is messed up & causing Google Play to think 1.1.5 is newer.  The easy solution is install 1.1.6 & disable Auto-Update for Fly in Google Play.  I always keep Auto-Update off for all of my DJI apps anyways just in case a bum version comes out.

Yeah I was thinking along those lines, but disabling auto-update for the Fly app does not change the rollback behavior. Nor does a complete uninstall and removal of all Dji files and folders on the device before install from Google Play. Might still be something left somewhere that I didn't find tho.
2020-8-8
Use props
M4cr0s
lvl.4
Norway

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-8 23:14
If Google Play sees 1.1.5 as a newer version than 1.1.6, it would alert to the update regardless of version number.   But I don't understand why it would install an update if you have auto update disabled?    That's odd.

Yeah its really weird. I'm not entirely sure its actually Google Play that is at work either, since this happens when already having started the Fly app. It's like as if the Fly app randomly does some kind of version check when booting and downloads "resource files" and boom, its reverted without even dropping out of the app. And also, it doesn't happen every time, its kind of hard to reproduce consistently.
2020-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules