Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air 2 Battery Operating Temperature
2866 2 2020-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BlueHawk77
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1496791 ft
Turkey

Hi all.

My Mavic Air 2 battery temperature has reached 68 degrees Celcius during a flight. I have couple of questions in my mind.

• What is the maximum safe "in flight" temperature for Mavic Air 2 batteries ?
  • After this temperature, does the drone warn the user to land ? Or does it auto-land ?
  • Does very high battery temperature cause fast depletion of the battery ? (I think I have experienced this.)

Thanks in advance for the answers.

I wish safe flights for all...
2020-8-6
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

68c - WOW! I believe the max operating temp is rated at 40c but these batteries can operate at much higher temperatures as you have seen. I've hit over 50c many times and no warnings pop up. I have not noticed shorter flight times in hot temps. In fact, it's the opposite - you will find very cold temperatures will shorten flight times.

The important thing is to allow the battery to breath in an open space straight after flight in order for the excess heat to dissipate quickly. So take it out of the drone straight away and leave it in the open for ten minutes (do not throw into a zipped bag or case). If the battery contains excessive heat for prolonged periods this may lead to the cells swelling and you losing the battery.
2020-9-17
Use props
BlueHawk77
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1496791 ft
Turkey

Thanks for the info. But I think (still do not know if it is available) that there should be a warning for excessive battery temp during flight.
2020-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules