4956 6 2020-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tridiver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4459344 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use these chargers on all my drones(4 different chargers).  Has anyone had nay issues with these???  recently I had numerous Mav bats swell up!  Everything seems to be okay during charging(temp etc.).  Just curious if anyone else is having this problem!  Thx   Bolton
2020-8-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Here's the thing. Those devices are not chargers when used with DJI batteries, because the charger is built into the battery, and not externally. So there is no advantage in using after-market "chargers", when all that is required is a power supply.
2020-8-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Bolton. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Mavic Intelligent flight batteries and thank you for reaching out. Just a reminder that DJI does not recommend you to 3rd party chargers in charging your DJI Intelligent Flight Battery. These 3rd party chargers might affect the said DJI batteries when in use. Actually, there is a possibility that these 3rd party chargers will be able work. However, since it's not optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party chargers if it will work all the time with no issues and might void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you for your understanding.
2020-8-6
Use props
Tridiver
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 8-6 19:15
Here's the thing. Those devices are not chargers when used with DJI batteries, because the charger is built into the battery, and not externally. So there is no advantage in using after-market "chargers", when all that is required is a power supply.

No clue what you're trying to say??
2020-8-7
Use props
Tridiver
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-6 21:44
Hello there Bolton. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Mavic Intelligent flight batteries and thank you for reaching out. Just a reminder that DJI does not recommend you to 3rd party chargers in charging your DJI Intelligent Flight Battery. These 3rd party chargers might affect the said DJI batteries when in use. Actually, there is a possibility that these 3rd party chargers will be able work. However, since it's not optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party chargers if it will work all the time with no issues and might void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you for your understanding.

Yes this is the response I expect from DJI, thank you!!  But a lot of people use these chargers because they are decent and fast.  I"ve been using them for two years with no probs.  Just don't know why all the sudden I've lost 4 mav bats and a phantom 4 bat.
2020-8-7
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Tridiver Posted at 8-7 03:28
No clue what you're trying to say??

What part don't you understand? I spelt it out pretty clearly.
2020-8-7
Use props
nOxxxx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

Unfortunately, I confirm that YX intelligent chargers are poorly made. I bought one with a display that shows 8.8V end charge voltage for a mini 2 battery. In fact, I measured it to be 8.94V which causes the battery's charge controller to lock up with an overcharge error. The older YX charger without a display in a white housing has adjustable resistors inside, which can be used to adjust the voltages. These newer chargers with a display no longer have these adjustable resistors and I can't lower the voltage. Horrible.
2022-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules