353 8 2020-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eugene88
lvl.1
Flight distance : 181929 ft
Malaysia

Dear All

I encouter an sad occassion and cause me sleepless night to understand what had happen to my Mavic 2 pro on 28th July 2020.
I also contacted DJI live chat earlier for this issue however the reply was saying due to over 1year warranty period ( Bought 4th July 2019) , and they dont give a damn to it.
however i have asked around mates in FB group, they did mention it is possible eventhough is over the 1 year warranty period. i will share you my flight record video as well and story as below.

I am from Malaysia, on 28th July 2020, i went to an island and its NOT NFZ . i just started my mavic2pro and sitting next to a tree for shade. and i just trying to fly to test the wind condition before heading to a lunch. this quick test out, cost my whole lovely piece of mavic 2 pro. When i started the drone, and knowing is NO GPS however i  know i going to take a quick 3minute fly. so it wasnt a problem for me cause i only going to fly up on 20m air n try wind. however when i pull backward, just about less than 50m. My drone has lost signal with my controller. i had fly numerous time over 1-2km away without any issue, even it happened once and it will reconnected as soon as i facing my controller towards drone direction. so this time, it happen again, and the drone right infront of my view, so i was standing there waiting to reconnect automatically, cause it is just a 50m far from me or lesser, however it didnt reconnect back and starts self landing, and it landed at beach and splash by seawater and submerge in the water for 20second as i running to it.

i have no idea why it will lost signal eventhough just a 30m-50m away from me and it starts self landing due to no gps at the beginning.
i really have sleepless night and this is my hard earn saving to get this mavic2pro a year ago. i know the official reply gonna be a " over 1 year warranty" , however i need explanation why it will lost signal at a 30m range and cause it self landing due to no signal. mavic 2 pro is meant for few KM without problem but why this time only a 30m?

i need the explaination so bad, and eventhough is over 1 year warranty, i do heard somes able to get a replacement if due to DJI's problem, but is it true?

2020-8-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

i need the explaination so bad, and eventhough is over 1 year warranty, i do heard somes able to get a replacement if due to DJI's problem, but is it true?
I think you are out of luck on this.
1.  The drone is out of warranty and despite what someone on Facebook might have said, warranty won't be applicable.
2.  It's impossible to say why signal was lost.
There are several possibilities but there's no way to tell what might have been the cause.

The obvious question is why didn't you have GPS?
If the drone was out in the open it should have picked up GPS quite quickly.

2020-8-6
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi

why not post your flightlog on here ?

use this > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

cheers
JJB
2020-8-7
Use props
eugene88
lvl.1
Malaysia

JJB* Posted at 8-7 04:20
Hi

why not post your flightlog on here ?

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/7MGA4FOV3XAZ348MOUXE

not sure is it how it works. i posted the links here.
2020-8-7
Use props
eugene88
lvl.1
Malaysia

thanks for reply folks. yea, flying without gps is idiot move. however i knew it and i knew i gonna fly up just to check and warm up the drone abit before climbing the mountain. however it still dead ,right infront of me.
2020-8-7
Use props
eugene88
lvl.1
Malaysia

Labroides Posted at 8-6 19:36
I think you are out of luck on this.
1.  The drone is out of warranty and despite what someone on Facebook might have said, warranty won't be applicable.

yes, it is wide open at beach,  10m+-  above seawater, 30-40m from me
2020-8-7
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi eugene88,

Nothing in the logs explain what happend. (AFAIK, mayby others knows more reading your log)
Flying backwards...connection disconnected for 6 seconds.
Before diconnect baro height 1.3 and VPS height 3.8 meters, connected again craft climbing a bit from 3 to 4 meters.
Craft Pitch from up 15 to down 8 (all approx), due to the fact that RC pitch input was stopped.

Last records doesn`t show the landing...

Mayby your DAT file on the mobile device has more info ; look for FLY094.DAT.

BUT  as flying in OPTI mode, no GPS data can be used to know distance away from homepoint.If distance is thus "zero" than when disconnected it will perform an autolanding. (see the manual)

cheers
JJB

analysis1.png
2020-8-7
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

eugene88 Posted at 8-7 04:56
thanks for reply folks. yea, flying without gps is idiot move. however i knew it and i knew i gonna fly up just to check and warm up the drone abit before climbing the mountain. however it still dead ,right infront of me.

I think taking off and not having a home point set is a mistake.  That is why it is important to have a home set and have your drone set to RTH if you loose your connection.  
2020-8-8
Use props
eugene88
lvl.1
Malaysia

Totally agree with you guys. Is a big mistake flying without GPS eventhough you plan to fly just infront of your eye
2020-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules