hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Labroides Posted at 8-7 00:26
Can you get an IQ update?

How about explaining what you mean?

He’d need an IQ to explain that, not sure if that’s actually possible in his case. ;+)
2020-8-7
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Image quality
2020-8-7
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 8-7 01:07
He’d need an IQ to explain that, not sure if that’s actually possible in his case. ;+)

You don't need much of an IQ to know I didn't mean intelligence quotient but I do understand something so simple as adding it into post would have prevented all of this.
2020-8-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Sure ... all they need to do is update it with a big sensor, a proper lens and a diaphragm.

Now for 50 points .... How do you spell IQ ??
2020-8-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AntDX316 Posted at 8-7 02:33
You don't need much of an IQ to know I didn't mean intelligence quotient but I do understand something so simple as adding it into post would have prevented all of this.

IQ + EQ = success.....
2020-8-7
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 8-7 02:56
IQ + EQ = success.....

What is EQ?
2020-8-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

No Marks for that so. It’s just in front of IQ.

2020-8-7
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 8-7 02:54
Sure ... all they need to do is update it with a big sensor, a proper lens and a diaphragm.

Now for 50 points .... How do you spell IQ ??

It can be done with just modifying the way the camera interprets the pixels?  They've been doing it w/ the P4PV2.0.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=221676&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D559%26typeid%3D559
2020-8-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 8-7 03:51
It can be done with just modifying the way the camera interprets the pixels?  They've been doing it w/ the P4PV2.0.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=221676&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D559%26typeid%3D559

That's interesting, but is it real?
Are there any details available or is it just marketing spin?

Does it make a difference you can actually see?
Is the improvement +0.05% or +15%?
2020-8-7
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

By "modifying the way the camera interprets the pixels", would only induce a math error....
The actual pixel is absolute, and they are supposed to make the image better by "splitting pixels"?
I think they do that already. It's called "Digital Zoom", and have you tried it? Yes, one can see the difference.
So like above, the only way to change for the better, it physically upgrade the camera mechanics: (chip, lenses)......
2020-8-7
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 8-7 06:48
That's interesting, but is it real?
Are there any details available or is it just marketing spin?

It could.  Any improvement is nice.  They were leaving it alone but brought it back and supported it more which is great because the image quality is a lot sharper than the other DJI drones.
2020-8-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 8-7 17:24
It could.  Any improvement is nice.  They were leaving it alone but brought it back and supported it more which is great because the image quality is a lot sharper than the other DJI drones.

They were leaving it alone but brought it back and supported it more which is great because the image quality is a lot sharper than the other DJI drones.
You'll have to excuse my skepticism Antman.
I'm seeing no lack of sharpness in my old-school P4 pro.
I need something more than your recommendation before I accept your attempt at marketing spin.
2020-8-7
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 8-7 17:40
They were leaving it alone but brought it back and supported it more which is great because the image quality is a lot sharper than the other DJI drones.
You'll have to excuse my skepticism Antman.
I'm seeing no lack of sharpness in my old-school P4 pro.

Lack of sharpness is w/ the other DJI drones.  I've compared them.  Look at my catalog collected inventory of the DJI drones I have.  I don't just get them and not test compare.

The fact they say the camera IQ went up means they did some work on it.  As to what work, we don't know but saying it and not saying it are 2 different things.  They could've also fixed up the OA system for the P4PV2.0 because the side sensors don't really work before but now they do.  I've clipped some leaves off as well as some twigs running the test.

If you are still on old firmware.. I mean the update is for the V2.0, you are on V1.  They might as well have called it the Phantom 5 to make it easier to understand for everyone.
2020-8-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 8-7 17:41
Lack of sharpness is w/ the other DJI drones.  I've compared them.  Look at my catalog collected inventory of the DJI drones I have.  I don't just get them and not test compare.

The fact they say the camera IQ went up means they did some work on it.  As to what work, we don't know but saying it and not saying it are 2 different things.  They could've also fixed up the OA system for the P4PV2.0 because the side sensors don't really work before but now they do.  I've clipped some leaves off as well as some twigs running the test.

Lack of sharpness is w/ the other DJI drones.
I don't care about other models or your old posts that were just X is better than Y with no analysis to provide a proper comparison.
I was discussing DJI's marketing spin that suggests they've done some magic to improve the V2 P4 pro.
Come back when you have some side by side, before and after comparisons to show how much they have improved the results.
2020-8-7
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 8-7 17:49
Lack of sharpness is w/ the other DJI drones.
I don't care about other models or your old posts that were just X is better than Y with no analysis to provide a proper comparison.
I was discussing DJI's marketing spin that suggests they've done some magic to improve the V2 P4 pro.

I've showed the before and after results on a thread way back but against the M2P not v1 vs v2.  The image quality updates might make it better than the P4P w/ no IQ update.  It wouldn't even be worth upgrading it imo if it matters to spend but having the latest DJI drones that are supported decreases the chances of something going wrong and a lot of things could happen if it falls out of the sky.  Not saying the P4PV1 is unreliable but the redundant compass and IMU is cool to have.  If you don't fly commercially, it doesn't really matter but some of the work I've seen people do (my competition) looks garbage.  It's not always the operators fault but the drone giving jello and a bad video but it's not entirely bad.  Just not as good as say the M2P.

Considering I've said the P4Pv2.0 has a better camera sharpness than the M2P, the colors out of the M2P are great.  I haven't flown the P4PV2.0 since the transmission update but did fly w/ FCC Boost and the range was great and solid.  I stopped using it because the new update before this latest one removed it and the range was bad but acceptable.  It can be like w/ this too w/ the M2P but w/ the update and Yagis you can go 600m before having disconnect issues on 2.4 or 5.8 depending on the location.

The Jello of the P4PV2 compared to the M2P is bad at times but I just use it for photography every now and then but only if I'm not going for horizontal distant shots.

How often do you fly?
2020-8-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

DJI's note with the firmware for the P4 pro V2 said that it:
   Optimized IQ parameter of camera to improve camera image quality.
Those vague and nebulous words sound very much like they came from the guys in the marketing department.
Was that just the drone equivalent of ...
Shampoo containing apple phyto stem cells and antioxidants such as vitamin E and ginseng, amino acids, and B-vitamins to help rebuild hair and reduce environmental damage ?
What's important is .. how much real difference did it make?
That DJI only mentioned it in firmware update notes makes it sound like something-nothing.

2020-8-7
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 8-7 18:07
DJI's note with the firmware for the P4 pro V2 said that it:
   Optimized IQ parameter of camera to improve camera image quality.
Those vague and nebulous words sound very much like they came from the guys in the marketing department.

oh yeah, I should use shampoo more often then, I forgot it's more than just cleaning the dirt off

It's an update to the Camera.  As to know what exact difference, companies never really reveal that information.  It's up to us to run our own test but the difference between having it and not having it we probably might not be able to tell a difference but I just know the images come out correct and focused perfectly.  Even if I put a full-frame in the air, it probably wouldn't even look it does now.

If you use Gigapixel AI at 2x, the photos look even better.  It's like you've used a higher MP camera which means all the photos you've saved you can further enhance them.  Topazlabs has 30-day trials on their products.

You should check it out.
https://topazlabs.com/ref/619/
2020-8-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 8-7 18:10
oh yeah, I should use shampoo more often then, I forgot it's more than just cleaning the dirt off

It's an update to the Camera.  As to know what exact difference, companies never really reveal that information.  It's up to us to run our own test but the difference between having it and not having it we probably might not be able to tell a difference but I just know the images come out correct and focused perfectly.  Even if I put a full-frame in the air, it probably wouldn't even look it does now.

Doesn't answer your question.  But thought it was interesting in you normally don't think of this being a possibility with a lens.
Viltrox 85mm f/1.8 Can Be Upgraded to f/1.6 with… a Firmware Update

The $399 Viltrox 85mm f/1.8  has been garnering attention for being a tack-sharp yet affordable  portrait lens for Sony E and Fujifilm X cameras. It has now come to  light that you can even turn it into a faster f/1.6 lens with a firmware update.  It may sound too good to be true, but it seems some lenses can actually  physically open their aperture blades wider than the maximum aperture  the lenses ship with, ...

2020-8-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Flycaster Posted at 8-7 08:50
By "modifying the way the camera interprets the pixels", would only induce a math error....
The actual pixel is absolute, and they are supposed to make the image better by "splitting pixels"?
I think they do that already. It's called "Digital Zoom", and have you tried it? Yes, one can see the difference.

Wondering if they are doing Pixel Shifting?  
Several scans of sensor are done in shortest possible time, coupled to slight movement of sensor or camera.

In cameras where sensor is shifted to compensate for movement, the sensor is moved slightly to where pixels get different light (photons) hitting sensor.  In cameras without capability they have relied on slight movement of person holding camera.  Whether true or not, sometime back read camera maker was attempting pixel shifting by rapidly turning on/off sensor dust removal.  

Another possibility is IQ is being improved by tweaking the bias levels of sensor, between several sensor scans?  Doesn't effectively increase number pixels, but it gives you a slightly improved dynamic range.
2020-8-7
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 8-7 18:44
Doesn't answer your question.  But thought it was interesting in you normally don't think of this being a possibility with a lens.
Viltrox 85mm f/1.8 Can Be Upgraded to f/1.6 with… a Firmware Update

Yeah, that is pretty crazy and awesome.  Being able to open aperture blades more w/ just a firmware update.  $400 for that full-frame lens w/ sharp quality like that??  I have a 90mm G Macro.  I just wish I could have a lens w/ No Bokeh at a super low aperture number.
2020-8-7
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 8-7 18:59
Wondering if they are doing Pixel Shifting?  
Several scans of sensor are done in shortest possible time, coupled to slight movement of sensor or camera.

yeah, they could also increase the rolling shutter performance and other things : )

It maybe not be as HDR as an X5 or X7 but any update is much appreciated.
2020-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules