Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dji 1.1.6 FLy App Problems
1649 16 2020-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SLiWooDy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126234 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is anyone else getting drop outs with the new Fly App update 1.1.6. ?Had no problems with 1.1.5, but I took the drone out this morning and had the App go back to the 'CONNECT AIRCRAFT' page twice, mid flight.
No loss of signal, no warnings, nothing.
It didnt intiate RTH, just stopped the video recording and after a couple of seconds reconnected to the drone feed.
Using a Samsung A70.

Also noticed that the Gimbal seems to be drifting left in mid flight. Starts at 0 and ends up at -2 over a 2 minute flight.
If I pitch the camera straight down and then double tap FN button to bring the camera back to center it goes to -1 and not 0.

Anyone else getting these issues?

2020-8-7
Use props
kiminx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149032 ft
Indonesia

Need recalibrate gimbal?
2020-8-7
Use props
SLiWooDy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kiminx Posted at 8-7 03:23
Need recalibrate gimbal?

Yeah may have to.
Anyone else having the app drop out?
2020-8-7
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 380978 ft
United Kingdom

SLiWooDy Posted at 8-7 03:42
Yeah may have to.
Anyone else having the app drop out?

Just got the uodate this morning will be doing a proving flight later will report any app drop outs.
2020-8-7
Use props
Akirasho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1622238 ft
United States

Multiple app "crashes"  before and after update.  While the SD files are ok, cached flight data (photo and video) on the phone are gone but pick up when the app reboots and connects.

I've tried "slow" startup, to give my Android time to handle such.

open app - wait
connect controller - wait
connect aircraft - wait

Not conclusive.  I expect a "crash"  every flight.
2020-8-7
Use props
SLiWooDy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Akirasho Posted at 8-7 06:30
Multiple app "crashes"  before and after update.  While the SD files are ok, cached flight data (photo and video) on the phone are gone but pick up when the app reboots and connects.

Ok so its not just me, I guess that's kind of a good thing...

Hopefully Dji can get an update out asap.
2020-8-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Upon checking the Samsung A70 is not listed on the recommended mobile device list. This mobile device may work but we cannot guarantee the stability and compatibility during flight, Kindly please try a different recommended mobile device to isolate the issue, In addition, I have posted an image for the official DJI recommended mobile device list. Thank you.

2020-8-7
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have only done the one flight on v1.1.6 and didn't experience any drop outs on iOS
2020-8-7
Use props
Akirasho
lvl.4
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-7 11:04
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Upon checking the Samsung A70 is not listed on the recommended mobile device list. This mobile device may work but we cannot guarantee the stability and compatibility during flight, Kindly please try a different recommended mobile device to isolate the issue, In addition, I have posted an image for the official DJI recommended mobile device list. Thank you.

[view_image]

I use The Samsung S7 for both the Mini and Air 2.  Few  App "crashes" with the Mini.
2020-8-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Akirasho Posted at 8-7 12:39
I use The Samsung S7 for both the Mini and Air 2.  Few  App "crashes" with the Mini.

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. May I know system version of the mobile device you are using please? Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-8-7
Use props
Ian in London
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
Malta

Akirasho Posted at 8-7 06:30
Multiple app "crashes"  before and after update.  While the SD files are ok, cached flight data (photo and video) on the phone are gone but pick up when the app reboots and connects.

I had repeated app crashes after the update; I uninstalled then reinstalled the Fly app and it works fine now

Ian.  
2020-8-7
Use props
Akirasho
lvl.4
United States

Ian in London Posted at 8-7 14:51
I had repeated app crashes after the update; I uninstalled then reinstalled the Fly app and it works fine now

Ian.

Hey, Ian, is your device android?
2020-8-7
Use props
Ian in London
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
Malta

Akirasho Posted at 8-7 16:10
Hey, Ian, is your device android?

Yes.  LG V50 ThinQ. on Android 10.

Ian
2020-8-7
Use props
Northwood
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

Flew two batteries on iOS 1.1.6 no issues yesterday.  (at least no crashes).  Might try out the android version today, Note 9.
2020-8-8
Use props
Akirasho
lvl.4
United States

Ian in London Posted at 8-7 21:56
Yes.  LG V50 ThinQ. on Android 10.

Ian

Thanks!  No reinstall yet, but this morning, multiple "crashes" on two batteries!
2020-8-8
Use props
Pappy3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

Running Samsung Galaxy A71 with Android 10 and I haven't experienced any black screens as I did in two previous releases ago. I usually reboot the phone, turn notifications off, bluetooth off (this is reported by others to cause the black screen), and wifi off.
Edit: And yes I'm running version 1.1.6 from the Play Store.
2020-8-8
Use props
djiuser_eq2D9z1bTnSz
New
Bulgaria

For a few flights till now with the new update i noticed that my connection become worse.The drone (Mavic Mini) disconnects from the RC a lot and on a mid range around 100 meters above my head.Anyone with such a conclusions?In area that i have never notice any problems,now it disconnects often,lost signal,lost RC connection even one time RC disconnects from the phone.
2020-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules