Born in France but mounted in Estonia! Tahkuna Lighthouse
709 29 2020-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dimidrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 2116302 ft
Latvia

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]The Tahkuna peninsula at the northern tip of Hiiumaa is the site of Estonia's tallest cast-iron lighthouse. The 43-meter high, state-of-the-art white tower with a green cupola was assembled in 1875 from parts manufactured in France. The slender, distinctively square-patterned lighthouse's various floors host exhibitions and installations, and the facility is used for theater performances and concerts. The lantern room and balcony are accessible via an elegant, characteristically French spiral staircase. A seaside hiking trail leads from the lighthouse to another landmark, the Tahkuna greatstone, and onwards into primal forest. Smart benches provide an overview of the lighthouse's history, the local nature, military heritage, and seafaring traditions. At the foot of the tower is a café and souvenir shop.  With the completion of the St Petersburg-Paldiski railroad, the importance of local ports increased, so lighthouses that helped improve navigation in the Gulf of Finland were prioritized. Designs for Tahkuna were drawn up at the same time as the Ristna beacon, and together they were meant to mark the Hiiu shallows. The tower's square-pattern look is due to its cast-iron construction, with specially shaped parts that cover joints in such a way as to keep moisture out of the interior. Cast-iron towers did not require buttressing, and rested on their own weight. The cast-iron modular tower was developed by English engineer Alexander Gordon, and his building method – first introduced at a Jamaican lighthouse in 1841 – quickly gained fame.  The Tahkuna lighthouse is well-preserved. Only the prismatic glass of the dioptric light source, damaged in WWI, was replaced with optical lenses ordered from England in 1920. The Tahkuna compound gives a good overview of the lifestyle at a shore-side lighthouse. Surviving outbuildings include a sauna from the second half of the 19th century, a stone kerosene store, a cellar, and a 20th century wooden residence and generator building.

2020-8-7
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Awesome footage
2020-8-7
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done.
2020-8-7
Use props
dimidrone
First Officer
Latvia

A J Posted at 8-7 07:24
Awesome footage

Thank you !
2020-8-7
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're welcome
2020-8-7
Use props
ckat007
First Officer
Flight distance : 887024 ft
Finland

Nicely done
2020-8-7
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

A great sequence. Beautiful colours. Thanks for the share.
2020-8-7
Use props
dimidrone
First Officer
Latvia

Woe Posted at 8-7 07:27
Nicely done.

Cheers mate!
2020-8-8
Use props
dimidrone
First Officer
Latvia

ckat007 Posted at 8-7 12:34
Nicely done

Thank You!
2020-8-8
Use props
ckat007
First Officer
Flight distance : 887024 ft
Finland

dimidrone Posted at 8-8 04:26
Thank You!

You're welcome
2020-8-8
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cheers
2020-8-8
Use props
TrevorSK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1547713 ft
Canada

Very cool light house, and a light house is a perfect subject to shoot with a drone. Your footage looks like it was all done while manually flying though. You can create even more cinematic effects with some of the auto features, like quickshot helix, if your drone has that. What kind of drone are you flying?
2020-8-8
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Nicely done, awesome footage
2020-8-8
Use props
dimidrone
First Officer
Latvia

Blériot53 Posted at 8-7 14:36
A great sequence. Beautiful colours. Thanks for the share.

Thanks for the feedback!
2020-8-8
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

dimidrone Posted at 8-8 07:58
Thanks for the feedback!

You're quite welcome. I'll be watching with interest for more of your work
2020-8-8
Use props
dimidrone
First Officer
Latvia

Blériot53 Posted at 8-8 08:21
You're quite welcome. I'll be watching with interest for more of your work

Thanks
2020-8-9
Use props
dimidrone
First Officer
Latvia

TrevorSK Posted at 8-8 06:25
Very cool light house, and a light house is a perfect subject to shoot with a drone. Your footage looks like it was all done while manually flying though. You can create even more cinematic effects with some of the auto features, like quickshot helix, if your drone has that. What kind of drone are you flying?

Hey! Yeah, it’s all manual. I got some of those features in my Mavic Air. But some time, when the wind is too strong, I control it manually in case wind will get stronger and I need to do an emergency landing. Anyway, have you got any suggestions on that flight modes? I tried those only few times. And I don’t like how they act. Maybe because I do something wrong
2020-8-9
Use props
TrevorSK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1547713 ft
Canada

dimidrone Posted at 8-9 05:26
Hey! Yeah, it’s all manual. I got some of those features in my Mavic Air. But some time, when the wind is too strong, I control it manually in case wind will get stronger and I need to do an emergency landing. Anyway, have you got any suggestions on that flight modes? I tried those only few times. And I don’t like how they act. Maybe because I do something wrong

Sorry, I'm not qualified to give advice about the Mavic Air as my experience is with the Mavic Pro and Mavic 2 Pro, but I'm thinking many intelligent flight modes will be the same. The best advise I've got is just to play with those features, and learn them because some of them make shots look great. If you're nervous about the auto modes, remember there's a pause button on the remote to stop the drone in its tracks. Sometime I get nervous around tall trees, but your light house is nicely in an open area, perfect for experimenting.
2020-8-9
Use props
dimidrone
First Officer
Latvia

maddox Posted at 8-8 06:35
Nicely done, awesome footage

Thank you very much!
2020-8-9
Use props
dimidrone
First Officer
Latvia

TrevorSK Posted at 8-9 06:09
Sorry, I'm not qualified to give advice about the Mavic Air as my experience is with the Mavic Pro and Mavic 2 Pro, but I'm thinking many intelligent flight modes will be the same. The best advise I've got is just to play with those features, and learn them because some of them make shots look great. If you're nervous about the auto modes, remember there's a pause button on the remote to stop the drone in its tracks. Sometime I get nervous around tall trees, but your light house is nicely in an open area, perfect for experimenting.

Great! I will try! Saddenly, lighthouse is pretty far away from my home, but I’ll find something similar! Thanks again!
2020-8-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there dimidrone. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this beautiful video you have filmed. The Lighthouse and it's surroundings looks amazing from the air. Great work and keep on flying.
2020-8-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely done.    
2020-8-10
Use props
dimidrone
First Officer
Latvia

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-10 00:53
Hello there dimidrone. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this beautiful video you have filmed. The Lighthouse and it's surroundings looks amazing from the air. Great work and keep on flying.

Thank You very much! And thanks for support!
2020-8-10
Use props
dimidrone
First Officer
Latvia

Cheers mate!
2020-8-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're very welcome.
2020-8-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

dimidrone Posted at 8-10 20:53
Thank You very much!  And thanks for support!

Hi there dimidrone. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2020-8-12
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

dimidrone Posted at 8-9 11:04
Thank you very much!

No problem!
2020-8-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain