Battery swelling after flight
451 5 2020-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_AFhztxI8pXRk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2025476 ft
Turkey

Hi! I have mavic 2 pro and currently iam on my vacation in turkey. Right after flights i noticed my batteries started to swell a bit. After they cool down they come back to normal flat shape and fits completely to aircraft.

Are they still safe to use or should i concern about them?

Batteryb temperature reaches 50 degrees celcius during the flight. And they are charged 80 times, manufactured october/november 2018.

20200806_193047.jpg
20200806_193031.jpg
20200806_193040.jpg
2020-8-7
Use props
Kwazy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41227 ft
United States

Not safe. On a particularly hot day or just after some time, they can pop out enough during flight to interrupt the power flow, and down goes your drone. Contact DJI, and hopefully they'll do something.
On a side note, how do you check when your batteries were manufactured?
2020-8-7
Use props
djiuser_AFhztxI8pXRk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2025476 ft
Turkey

Kwazy Posted at 8-7 09:09
Not safe. On a particularly hot day or just after some time, they can pop out enough during flight to interrupt the power flow, and down goes your drone. Contact DJI, and hopefully they'll do something.
On a side note, how do you check when your batteries were manufactured?

Yeah i mentioned in the post also. They manufactured in october/november  2018. I have 3 batteries, and they have this issue.

I live in sweden, and battery temperature reaches around 40 45 in sweden as well.

I uploaded few of my last flights to airdata and battery health seems fine, in terms of voltage droppage and etc.
2020-8-7
Use props
RK7dronzy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2278898 ft
United Kingdom

Yes i have same problem and manufacture date. Am at moment trying to get dji to replace, so worth trying through dji support.
2020-8-8
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Do a search on here.  There are countless posts with the problem.  Its being going on for years.
DJI arent likely to do anything.
2020-8-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the batteries of your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Battery swelling is basically caused by to much heat, vast changes in temperature and/or moisture getting into the battery itself. For safety purposes please do not use bloated or bulging batteries when flying or operating your drone so that the drone's performance will not be affected or compromised . Using bloated or bulging batteries might lead to damaging of the aircraft, or worse, damage to property. Again I am sorry and thank you for understanding.
2020-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules