FAA Ruins DJI Products
2193 18 2020-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansac86a890
New
United States

The FAA have completely lost all trust in the drone flying cummunity by extremely overexaggerating NO FLY ZONES. I understand that drones cannot be in a particular airspace for obvious safety reasons but, miles OUTSIDE airport boarders? Public, recreational, and community parks? I've been a dedicated DJI customer since 2016 purchasing new drones and  keeping up to date with all new products and firmware. Now that drones are so heavely RESTRICTED, it ruins the whole flying experience. Avoid wasting thousands and thousands like I have, especially on something that doesn't trust you enough to use common courtesy and judgment.     

2020-8-7
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

The world has become a police state with priests, excuse me I mean so called doctors ruining life and liberty for all for the new world order.
2020-8-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The NFZs aren't that bad.
2020-8-11
Use props
richcole79yahoo.com
New
United States

I live on the edge of a restricted zone (red) and an authorization zone (blue), literally right on the line! I’ve been flying drones for many years on my property safely and responsibly never taking it higher than the tree tops because I do live close to an airport. When I received the MAVIC mini yesterday, not knowing much about these geo zones, I was able to get authorization on the DJI fly app and all was good! This morning was a different story, I fired the drone up, received authorization, and it lifted off.. for about 30 seconds! I got the restricted zone warning and it went into auto land. Now anywhere I go on my property it won’t let me fly! If this is the way it’s gonna be I’m sending it back. I believe DJI makes a great drone but to not let me fly with maybe a 50 foot ceiling or something is crazy! Come on DJI your better than this!
2020-8-14
Use props
djiuser_fMBfT76xVrov
lvl.1
Argentina

Hola! No se si les pasa a todos los usuarios de Mavic Pro, pero dejó de funcionar la pantalla donde se gestiona la autorización para volar en zonas restringidas. Siempre lo hago, dado que vivo cerca de un aeropuerto, pero DJI periódicamente bloque las autorizaciones. Creo que gasté dinero inútilmente comprando algo que no puedo usar.
Ya me cansé de reclamar y nunca hay una respuesta. Solo pasan unos meses y vuelven las autorizaciones.
Buen producto, mal servicio. Estoy disconforme con la marca.
2020-8-18
Use props
djiuser_fMBfT76xVrov
lvl.1
Argentina

Hola! No se si les pasa a todos los usuarios de Mavic Pro, pero dejó de funcionar la pantalla donde se gestiona la autorización para volar en zonas restringidas. Siempre lo hago, dado que vivo cerca de un aeropuerto, pero DJI periódicamente bloque las autorizaciones. Creo que gasté dinero inútilmente comprando algo que no puedo usar.
Ya me cansé de reclamar y nunca hay una respuesta. Solo pasan unos meses y vuelven las autorizaciones.
Buen producto, mal servicio. Estoy disconforme con la marca.
2020-8-18
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I get it with airspace near airports and agree with it but parks? That’s a bit extreme
2020-8-18
Use props
liquidsteel
lvl.1
United States

did you know this ?
Security analysts reverse-engineered a Chinese-made DJI drone app and found the ability to spy on users
https://hotair.com/archives/john-s-2/2020/07/24/security-analysts-reverse-engineered-chinese-made-dji-drone-app-found-ability-spy-users/

DJI Android GO 4 application security analysis
https://www.synacktiv.com/en/publications/dji-android-go-4-application-security-analysis.html

2020-8-24
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Come to Bangkok, Thailand; the entire city is a NFZ!
2020-9-1
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

A J Posted at 8-18 15:22
I get it with airspace near airports and agree with it but parks? That’s a bit extreme

Knee-jerk reaction by hysterical Authority figures in response to the dangerous activities of a small minority, ruining the harmless pass time of the majority of drone users. H&S will have had a big say in it, too. ( That's Hindrance and Sabotage)
2020-9-2
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 9-2 23:12
Knee-jerk reaction by hysterical Authority figures in response to the dangerous activities of a small minority, ruining the harmless pass time of the majority of drone users. H&S will have had a big say in it, too. ( That's Hindrance and Sabotage)

Thankfully they are still reasonable in the UK in place to protect manned aircraft. The CAA are very clear that their jurisdiction is airspace and not land. It is ridiculous that any aviation authority is controlling airspace over public land. Prisons, schools, government buildings and congested city centres I can appreciate but parks - thats just nuts and a real knee-jerk reaction as you say mate.  
2020-9-2
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
France

A J Posted at 9-2 23:38
Thankfully they are still reasonable in the UK in place to protect manned aircraft. The CAA are very clear that their jurisdiction is airspace and not land. It is ridiculous that any aviation authority is controlling airspace over public land. Prisons, schools, government buildings and congested city centres I can appreciate but parks - thats just nuts and a real knee-jerk reaction as you say mate.

I am sure that you, like me and many others, are a responsible citizen who is able to moderate his behaviour in order to not put others at risk or inconvenience. And it irks me that we are considered unable to apply common sense because just a few are lacking any at all.
2020-9-2
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 9-2 23:54
I am sure that you, like me and many others, are a responsible citizen who is able to moderate his behaviour in order to not put others at risk or inconvenience. And it irks me that we are considered unable to apply common sense because just a few are lacking any at all.

It is very frustrating mate. Ignorance or idiocy - either is no excuse. I and many thousands like us drive for an hour or two to fly in areas where drones are permitted whilst the odd one does an orbit around Big Ben then we all get tarnished with the same brush
2020-9-3
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
France

A J Posted at 9-3 00:05
It is very frustrating mate. Ignorance or idiocy - either is no excuse. I and many thousands like us drive for an hour or two to fly in areas where drones are permitted whilst the odd one does an orbit around Big Ben then we all get tarnished with the same brush

You said it. ( That's not why you're taking the tube into London, is it?  
2020-9-3
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 9-3 00:20
You said it. ( That's not why you're taking the tube into London, is it?

Hahahaha - never mate. I don't do anything with that drone that will land me in 'it'. Too much to lose and as much as I enjoy this hobby no photo or video is worth a court summons
2020-9-3
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
France

A J Posted at 9-3 00:22
Hahahaha - never mate. I don't do anything with that drone that will land me in 'it'. Too much to lose and as much as I enjoy this hobby no photo or video is worth a court summons

I said that purely in jest, based on your comment yesterday   Risk assessment is an essential part of our passtime.
2020-9-3
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 9-3 00:25
I said that purely in jest, based on your comment yesterday   Risk assessment is an essential part of our passtime.

Well, apart from the odd range test but I think we're all guilty of that once in a while
2020-9-3
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
France

A J Posted at 9-3 00:31
Well, apart from the odd range test but I think we're all guilty of that once in a while

2020-9-3
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2020-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules