12Next >
2418 57 2020-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ph3onix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2341886 ft
France

It's all the same incredible, it seems that DJI only has for the mavic air 2 they all do for him and for the Mini they put a little icon to say that they are doing something on it, but gentleman of DJI I think we would have preferred one (RAW can be either a tracking mode or even an Advanced parameters of the nacelle us too , you are well capable of that, because other developer can do it very well with your own drones, right?] Do not forget Mr. DJI that we too are your customers in the same way as the buyers of mavic air 2 and the mini certainly costs only 399, but 2 mavic mini clients make a mavic air 2 client.
Now I can already hear them saying 'he pays a low price for a drone and they all want more expensive drones, So I answer them first that on the one hand in what concerns me I have took the fly more at 499 euro but even 399 euro it is not cheap because not everyone necessarily has the means to buy drones at more than 1000 euro.
I wanted to go to a reputable brand I told myself that at least there will be a follow-up on the updates and well I was wrong? because gentleman the moaner who says that the mini and a low-end drone so you should not ask too much I will end by answering them that there are 'cheap' drones that have tracking mode, and RAW and all what you have in your drones has more than 1000 euro and which costs 400 euro and the manufacturer, continues to update even after more than a year after its release and has added new features other than an icon for the battery.
this is only my personal opinion and this only engages me

2020-8-8
Use props
VanzPix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

Agree with you hope that in the near future things will have changed and that dji will take into account some requests of their loyal customers within the limit of feasible of course. Or unfortunately more and more disgruntled will go to the competition.
2020-8-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

While we're being realistic and practical, I think "DJI" should grant children's wishes and bring them presents at Christmas.
Then they can start working on peace in the middle east.
2020-8-8
Use props
Ph3onix
lvl.4
France

Labroides Posted at 8-8 05:14
While we're being realistic and practical, I think "DJI" should grant children's wishes and bring them presents at Christmas.
Then they can start working on peace in the middle east.

I notice that there is a great philosopher on this forum!
2020-8-8
Use props
UweE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Austria

every day the same story...
2020-8-8
Use props
Ph3onix
lvl.4
France

Labroides Posted at 8-8 05:14
Then they can start working on peace in the middle east.

in fact that's what I thought when I see reactions like that, you are the most reluctant because it would hurt you if DJI adds functionality that you have on your drones for more than 1000 euros while the mini does cost only 400. I'm sorry but I'm a DJI customer too even though I only have the smallest drone of the brand. Here is Mister the answer of the child
2020-8-8
Use props
Occams Razor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 423497 ft
United States

I will end by answering them that there are 'cheap' drones that have tracking mode, and RAW

I see many users commonly post this as an argument as to why DJI should add features to the Mini.  Why not buy one of these "cheap" drones with the features that you want and if they lack anything, you can complain on their forum.  This would be a win-win-win!
2020-8-8
Use props
Ph3onix
lvl.4
France

Occams Razor Posted at 8-8 06:48
I will end by answering them that there are 'cheap' drones that have tracking mode, and RAW

I see many users commonly post this as an argument as to why DJI should add features to the Mini.  Why not buy one of these "cheap" drones with the features that you want and if they lack anything, you can complain on their forum.  This would be a win-win-win!

yes indeed I think about it, like that the little people like me will leave you alone in your world to outclass or have it can not say anything if it has not at least several drones.
2020-8-8
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Not sure about RAW is it meant power users but active tracking is among the basics for other drones and they could have allowed waypoints, not just because they could but because the Mini is the only quality <(sub)250 grams almost pocketable drone on the market, a true traveler's companion hero. That could have added an incredible level of convenience and capability unachieved not even if it rained Mavic 2 Pros from the sky, as the Mini is smaller, lighter, quiter, more portable... that counts for two when you're deciding whether you should bring a towel from home as you're preparing your trolley.
2020-8-8
Use props
Ph3onix
lvl.4
France

m80116 Posted at 8-8 07:32
Not sure about RAW is it meant power users but active tracking is among the basics for other drones and they could have allowed waypoints, not just because they could but because the Mini is the only quality

yes I agree with you, I love my mini my goal in this review is not to say that it is worth nothing, far from it but what I cannot quite understand from DJI and that they are able to make certain quality improvement on the mini for their customers on certain points and tell us that this is not possible while they are the ones who created the mini and external developers at the same time fifteen days are capable of it?
I also want to tell those who are there to say that I am always complaining.
Remember your first dji drone
you never expect or ask for improvement on updates?
And if you would have answered the same thing as you said 'you have to buy the model more expensive than yours if you want more' when yours was capable of it, what would you think at the time?
2020-8-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Ph3onix Posted at 8-8 05:49
in fact that's what I thought when I see reactions like that, you are the most reluctant because it would hurt you if DJI adds functionality that you have on your drones for more than 1000 euros while the mini does cost only 400. I'm sorry but I'm a DJI customer too even though I only have the smallest drone of the brand. Here is Mister the answer of the child

you are the most reluctant because it would hurt you if DJI adds functionality that you have on your drones for more than 1000 euros while the mini does cost only 400.
I'm not reluctant at all and whether you get your unrealistic wished fulfilled or not won't hurt me.
Some flyers who bought the cheapest DJI drone have convinced themselves that their toy drones could run the features they don't have and all they have to do is nag DJI and the "missing" features will be given to them.
They never wonder if there might be real reasons that DJI's smallest/cheapest drone can't do the things they want.
They never think that if DJI hasn't given in and granted their wishes after 8 months, maybe they never will.

The mini was never advertised with the extra features you want.
Despite constant nagging since the Mini was released, DJI hasn't delivered those features.
How long till you get the hint that they aren't coming?

It's passed time to give up and fly the drone you bought and stop whinging about what extras you want.
These stupid threads just encourage more childish and unrealistic posts.
2020-8-8
Use props
ABeardedItalian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

m80116 Posted at 8-8 07:32
Not sure about RAW is it meant power users but active tracking is among the basics for other drones and they could have allowed waypoints, not just because they could but because the Mini is the only quality

I'd like to comment about RAW.

DJI's own marketing calls the mini "The Perfect Drone to keep in your CAMERA BAG" not pocket, not travel bag, but targeted toward photographers as a smaller take anywhere portable drone.

I'm a practicing photographer and I like to keep my phone on Pro so every photo is Jpeg+RAW. While in Pro I'll leave it on auto for the point and shoot effect, but if I need to make an adjustment it's already on screen. I'm okay with jpegs on the fly but some images are worth investing time into developing and It's nice to have that functionality.

I don't always use RAW myself with my Mirrorless when it's going on IG or other social media as it's going to destroy the image anyways. I should get into the workflow of it but that's another story. It's not like a lot of the things other people have requested. It's a codec, it's a matter of dumping the RAW image before they process the image to Jpeg. It's not a "New feature to advertise" It's adding existing support for an industry wide supported format. Don't advertise to people that it's this great Mini Camera Drone and have Full Manual Control, why only Jpeg? Why have manual if it's going to be Jpeg, as DJI has said this is a "Entry Level Drone" so why not just shoot Auto?

I feel like the last thing DJI could add to the Mini would be RAW support, I know a lot want AEB but that's more of an app thing and at this rate let's take what we can get. We can do that in post or 3rd party app's that support AEB, what we can't do is generate a RAW image through an APP. Well, not without support from the Drone/Firmware. Looking at you way-points.
2020-8-8
Use props
Ph3onix
lvl.4
France

Labroides Posted at 8-8 08:09
you are the most reluctant because it would hurt you if DJI adds functionality that you have on your drones for more than 1000 euros while the mini does cost only 400.
I'm not reluctant at all and whether you get your unrealistic wished fulfilled or not won't hurt me.
Some flyers who bought the cheapest DJI drone have convinced themselves that their toy drones could run the features they don't have and all they have to do is nag DJI and the "missing" features will be given to them.

Yes daddy, the next I would like to speak I would ask your permission.
2020-8-8
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Italy

Did I forget to mention a PANO function? That is a terrific tourist pocket camera feature to have, to which most smartphones have accustomed us to have.

The SDK has allowed some freedom so that someday we could get a bracketing HDR Pano or discrete bracketed pictures. But a basic pano function will never be a pathetic addition to the Fly app.

It takes ma a while to create a pano, beyond the effort... I've seen a video of Kilian Eisenegger's app doing that on iOS and the Mini it's blistering fast during capture, by the time I am at about 20% and my brain is fuming the auto capture of the app is already done, and you can concentrate on your next shoot while the app is working for you.

2020-8-8
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Way I read your original posting is:
I wanted a Porsche 911 Turbo S, but like most people couldn't afford it.  
I subttled for a 718 Cayman, expecting firmware updates to turn it into 911 Carrera S.

Expecting DJI to add wish features to a product is unrealistic.

2020-8-8
Use props
Ph3onix
lvl.4
France

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-8 08:51
My first DJI drone was a Phantom 2 Vision+.  $1259 with two batteries.  The Vision+ was brand new & DJI's top of the line consumer drone when released.    The $500 Mavic Mini Fly More blows the Vision+ away in every category except top speed & wind resistance.

I expected DJI to correct any problems with the firmware & make improvements to the flight app.    I did not expect DJI to give the Vision+ all the features available on an S900 Folding Wing.

Thank you for your constructive response, the mini is a good drone even if some people consider it a toy, I suspected that the title would provoke some negative or constructive responses depending on the point of view, in my thread what I wanted to know this is why DJI tells us that it is impossible when the developers have managed to do something in a short time on certain points. here it is all
2020-8-8
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Italy

No... it's like asking why my Audi has the auto fold-in mirrors DISABLE bit enabled (on remote lock) ? The short answer is because Volkswagen decided you were not worthy of the function not having paid premium Porsche price.

And please stop making unrealistic comparisons as allowing (unless proved on the contrary) RAW support or waypoints would be as easy as flipping a switch for DJI. Fair enough for active track as it is a remote function managed by the MD, leave 3d parties to deal with it (since there's not even additional distance sensors to rely upon).

And anyway the question still stands because it's a not a price tied function but rather inbred into the product and Mavic Mini is UNIQUE in its category. There are various occasions where the Mini is the only convenient drone you can have, and many factors play in its favor (beyond price): size, weigh, regulations...
2020-8-8
Use props
Ph3onix
lvl.4
France

m80116 Posted at 8-8 09:11
No... it's like asking why my Audi has the auto fold-in mirrors DISABLE bit enabled (on remote lock) ? The short answer is because Volkswagen decided you were not worthy of the function not having paid premium Porsche price.

And please stop making unrealistic comparisons as allowing (unless proved on the contrary) RAW support or waypoints would be as easy as flipping a switch for DJI. Fair enough for active track as it is a remote function managed by the MD, leave 3d parties to deal with it (since there's not even additional distance sensors to rely upon).

I am not talking about waypoints but the little progress in a short time
2020-8-8
Use props
VanzPix
lvl.4
France

So at the sight of some condescending comments I'll go for a ride on the forum for the Mavic pro etc... and those who are not satisfied I will tell them buy the Inspire 2 Cinema Premium
2020-8-8
Use props
Ph3onix
lvl.4
France

Since everyone here is driving a Porsche or an Audi, I see that I have nothing to do but keep quiet because I ride a bicycle.
2020-8-8
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Italy

What are those tears ? Bicycles rock !

I ride a bicycle (of the Mountainous variety, i.e. a MTB) and the Mavic Mini is the only drone I'd keep on my back while cycling. And no... I wouldn't bring a Mavic 2 Pro on my back not even if they'd offer one free of charge. Can you now understand why I'd love a basic function of active tracking for my Mini?
2020-8-8
Use props
Ph3onix
lvl.4
France

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-8 09:27
Not at all.  But it is unreasonable to demand your bicycle be made to perform like a Porche.

No, but I have a good calf and I go almost faster than the granny near me with her scooter
2020-8-8
Use props
Ph3onix
lvl.4
France

m80116 Posted at 8-8 09:31
What are those tears ? Bicycles rock !

I ride a bicycle (of the Mountainous variety, i.e. a MTB) and the Mavic Mini is the only drone I'd keep on my back while cycling. And no... I wouldn't bring a Mavic 2 Pro on my back not even if they'd offer one free of charge. Can you now understand why I'd love a basic function of active tracking for my Mini?

yes I understand well, me too
2020-8-8
Use props
VanzPix
lvl.4
France

https://youtu.be/ZilMKqw__zc
2020-8-8
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Italy

TBH if you'd ask me (and I notice nobody does) the MA2 active tracking is a BEAST... yet people want a drone to track them down inside a water duct or through a packed forest. Those are CRAZY people... they wouldn't stand a chance with anything else other than an automated drone, they'd crash the drone themselves if manually piloted.

P.S.: by they way... they've given us "the cage"... I don't know what feature can take down more Mavic Mini(s), if the dreaded cage used outside just beucase it's safe, or active tracking (had they given it to us).

2020-8-8
Use props
PhasedSpaces
lvl.4
Flight distance : 185463 ft
United Kingdom

Waaah Waaah Waaah ....
For 500 dollars (400 pounds), you get a  Ground Breaking Drone, that from 2021 will dodge between so many raindrops when it comes to regulations...
The ONLY drone to be allowed to overfly uninvolved people, without the need for hardcore professional accreditation, and be allowed to get right up to buildings, including overfly them, even if the top of the building is over 400 from GL, providing you stay within 15 meters above the highest point.
The Mini can fly nearly 30mph!, Even the CE version has been proven to to be able to fly  over 1.5 MILES away from the controller, in STOCK config.   MILES!! How much further do you want!?
The Mini can fly 'admittedly illegally' up to over 1600 feet above ground level, with a proven atmospheric service ceiling in excess of 12 THOUSAND feet above sea level.
It has a THREE Axis gimbal that is rock solid, AMAZING Video & Photo footage, where the final results punch well above its weight!
The Camera HAS been updated with newer firmware, giving manual control over the Video & photo parameters, including the magical 24fps.
And with the SDK now out, companies like Lichi will probably get the Mini to do even more amazing things. - Including a 'beta' demontration of basic active tracking.

But what about .. Lightspeed & antigravity, teleportation, and  waypoints etc etc etc..  For crying out loud, stop being so winey! -  The Mini is Brilliant, and you know it! - Accept it for what it is, and enjoy what it CAN do, which is a hell of a lot more than ANY other drone in its size class.

2020-8-8
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just get the Mavic Air 2.  It takes a bigger processor and RAM as well as other components to add certain features.  If they've designed the Mini to be under 249g then they cannot make it house bigger components that would make it go over.  Electrical engineering is done so well that we don't see the workings.  We just see the results but the results are because the electrical components exist so if they don't or incapable of handling and overdriven beyond what they can do safely then it can malfunction, die, and crash.  You have to add better cooling to make it not overheat, makes it go over 249g.
2020-8-8
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Releasing the groundbreaking (heaven forbid;-) Mini has created a whole can of worms for DJI. Before that most owners of their products knew the limitations and either were willing to pay for the best or were not and settled for their second best. But with the Mini, a whole new group of novices has emerged (like me) who have no field of reference regarding drones at all. I am biding my time before expressing any disappointment with either of mine. Way too early.
2020-8-8
Use props
Guorium
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-8 07:55
Why not just buy one of the readily available "cheap" drones with RAW, Activetrack, & endless updates, instead of complaining that your $15,000 Ford Fiesta lacks all the accoutrements of a $65,000 F-150 Platinum?

Those things are software changes the op requested. You car example is totally invalid.
2020-8-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Guorium Posted at 8-8 22:26
Those things are software changes the op requested. You car example is totally invalid.

And of course the new Mini flyers are the technical experts with a complete understanding of how easy it would be for DJI to give them what they are asking for.
I don't know whay DJI bother to employ design engineers, there are so many much better qualified Mini flyers that they could use.
2020-8-8
Use props
Ralle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11289 ft
Finland

I welcome Mini, as it is now.
I knew when I bought the Mini, its limitations were known.Value for money is very good !!!!!!!
2020-8-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi Ph3onix, thanks for your feedback and suggestions, we'll forward it to the related team.
2020-8-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

There you go.
Congratulations ..You got a response from a moderator who said:  
   thanks for your feedback and suggestions, we'll forward it to the related team
That's the DJI way of telling you that no-one there cares at all for your request and nothing will be done about it.
It's official now.
2020-8-9
Use props
vortex19
lvl.4
United Kingdom

GaryDoug Posted at 8-8 20:37
Releasing the groundbreaking (heaven forbid;-) Mini has created a whole can of worms for DJI. Before that most owners of their products knew the limitations and either were willing to pay for the best or were not and settled for their second best. But with the Mini, a whole new group of novices has emerged (like me) who have no field of reference regarding drones at all. I am biding my time before expressing any disappointment with either of mine. Way too early.

Which features of the Mini don’t work exactly as DJI advertised them? What is it about the Mini which you find potentially disappointing? If you hadn't previously had a drone you would have had no expectations about what it could do. Surely you went to the website before buying to check its capabilities? Many new owners seem to have made unjustified assumptions that advanced features would be added to the Mini after it was released. There was never any mention by DJI of waypoints, active track, RAW images or panoramic photos being added later. I just don’t understand why people are complaining that some (or all) of these features haven’t been subsequently added. Anyone who specifically wanted these features should have bought a drone which was advertised as having them. All of us who bought the Mini where able to check exactly what it could (and couldn’t) do before we bought it. DJI has obligation to add any new features to the Mini.
2020-8-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Maybe a little research would have negated the need to post this thread. If you researched all dji drones and their updates you would quickly realized they have never added Raw or Active track as a FW fix to any drone. So just how you thought they’d start with mini is strange.

When researching look to their cheapest drone see after a period of time what was further added to that drone and it will give you some clue.
For instance next drone up from mini is the Spark, it cost new €300 more than the mini, it didn’t have Raw and was never upgraded to raw. It had AT because it also OA, but these were charged for in the price. And apart from that it received updates similar to the mini through FW plus optimizations, and this is a trait with all dji drones. But only a fool would expect updates that would make the mini a zoom or a Mavic 2 pro or for that matter an inspire.
I read one comment that said because dji said you should put it in your camera bag then it needed to be a pro drone, which has to be the most ridiculous post I’ve ever read, but these posts come on the back of ridiculous threads which this is.
You have been given around 4 updates improving your mini. I suggest you should save a little harder for your wish list. If you think that others who fork out much More money for what they want in a drone would be wrong to be dissapointed then you’d be wrong , but it’s not that they don’t want you to have the same, it’s because they would be right in thinking they were slightly duped by ridiculous decisions being made at dji, but luckily that doesn’t happen .
2020-8-9
Use props
Spazoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3148419 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can't think of any good reason that saving to RAW image format was left out.  

I can make allowances for the other absent features, but not that one.
2020-8-9
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Spazoo Posted at 8-9 08:17
I can't think of any good reason that saving to RAW image format was left out.  

I can make allowances for the other absent features, but not that one.

How about, RAW has far more data to be handled, requiring additional processing power / time.  The RAW data has to be buffered out through hardware for microSD card.  The additional buffering would take processing time away from flight critical processing time.

2020-8-9
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-8 23:06
The P3 Standard could record 1080 x 60 fps.  Never happened.

The P3 Advanced could record 4K.  Never happened.

DJI could be saving popular wish-list features like RAW and Active Tracking for MavicMiniUltima (MM2).  What better incentive to get customers to buy MM2 than for it to have popular wished for features?
2020-8-9
Use props
Ph3onix
lvl.4
France

Good evening everyone I would just like to bring some clarifications
It is true that the title of this thread was very provocative it was not intended to denigrate who or anything I wished to have clarification of my questions' which is all the same the basis of a forum it me seems.
At first I never said that the Mavic Mini was worth anything far from my thought because it is a good drone.
I wanted to have constructive answers because I am not like some people who have or who have had several DJI drones, it is in fact my first and I certainly do not have the knowledge that some of you have it is true, this is probably why I made comparisons with other drones but in the end here I practically only had negativity responses without my knowing the why it was not possible to do some improvement, but some of you even if they do not agree with what I wrote at the beginning have all the same been able to bring me a good argument and I thank you for that.
For others I would tell them that it was not because I cannot afford to buy myself several drones that I am no worse or better than you.

I wish you all a good flight and may gods keep you.
2020-8-9
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

vortex19 Posted at 8-9 06:42
Which features of the Mini don’t work exactly as DJI advertised them? What is it about the Mini which you find potentially disappointing? If you hadn't previously had a drone you would have had no expectations about what it could do. Surely you went to the website before buying to check its capabilities? Many new owners seem to have made unjustified assumptions that advanced features would be added to the Mini after it was released. There was never any mention by DJI of waypoints, active track, RAW images or panoramic photos being added later. I just don’t understand why people are complaining that some (or all) of these features haven’t been subsequently added. Anyone who specifically wanted these features should have bought a drone which was advertised as having them. All of us who bought the Mini where able to check exactly what it could (and couldn’t) do before we bought it. DJI has obligation to add any new features to the Mini.

Maybe you should re-read my post...for comprehension this time.
2020-8-9
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules