All Channels Unstable
546 4 2020-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Xe4zRDGxbFRh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 110459 ft
United Kingdom

I have been having issues with the signal dropping to my drone and when I checked today nearly all of the channels were unstable.

I was stood in the middle of a field a long way from any town.

So, why is the app reporting this?

I switched off phone WiFi and it made no difference.
Screenshot_20200808-194524.jpg
2020-8-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

I think we would need to know and see where you are to help with that.
2020-8-8
Use props
djiuser_Xe4zRDGxbFRh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 110459 ft
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 8-8 14:46
I think we would need to know and see where you are to help with that.

I was flying next to the green field in the middle of this screen shot.
Screenshot_20200808-235837_Maps.jpg
2020-8-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

djiuser_Xe4zRDGxbFRh Posted at 8-8 15:00
I was flying next to the green field in the middle of this screen shot.

Well, that does not seem to be anywhere near any potential source of interference, so I am guessing that it it is repeatable, then the only two possibilities are that some item on you is generating the interference or the system has a fault.
2020-8-8
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Yes a fault could be likely but don't downplay the effect of big relay antennas kilometers away, they may disrupt the reception not only resonating at receiver frequency but also interfering in their original frequencies with other internal RF components... Mavic Mini has no electro-magnetic shielding what so ever, everything is exposed and covered by a layer of plastic that is the body, even a decent laptop is shielded from interference much better than a Mini (plastic parts are usually lacquered with metalized EM rejecting coatings).

You need to do more tests to assess the status of your drone, test indoors and in a place completely different than that one, another rural place and a town or city, in a town it's very unlikely to find all the red bars stuck to the top as there would be entire blocks completely unable to use Wi-Fi channels for their homes.

2020-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules