Mavic 2 Pro Manual photo mode ... is NOT really manual?
1122 2 2020-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

To my surprise RAW images shot by Mavic 2 Pro in Manual mode are prone to exhibit exposure/colour fluctuations across 3x3 automatic panorama sequence. With generously and evenly illuminated landscape the anomaly is not noticeable, but any parts of mosaic heavily shadowed (dark) will result in different image properties. What am I missing?
2020-8-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

What am I missing?
Are you saying that the resulting images look different (which might be normal because brightness can vary across a wide panorama).
Or are you saying that the camera has over-ridden your exposure settings?
Does the exif info halp understanding what's happened?

2020-8-8
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Labroides Posted at 8-8 20:20
What am I missing?
Are you saying that the resulting images look different (which might be normal because brightness can vary across a wide panorama).
Or are you saying that the camera has over-ridden your exposure settings?

This is more puzzling issue than I thought. The difference between "appearance" of 2 top rows (6 images) and bottom, usually less illuminated row (3 images) is noticeable after applying any corrections during batch processing of DNG files into TIFF format in Adobe Camera Raw software. I've discovered that simple conversion to TIFF (without applying any image adjustments) DOESN'T reveal the discrepancies between properly exposed and underexposed (shadowed) parts of panoramic mosaic. The EXIF data doesn't reveal any differences between DNG images within panoramic sequence either.

Next suspect to interrogate will be the EV Lock feature ... I'm not sure how this option can be relevant in Manual photo mode, but who knows ... Who knows how DJI/Hasselblad implemented RAW format for Mavic 2 Pro, who knows how Adobe Camera Raw is reading these files?
2020-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules