Uninstalling & Reinstalling Fly App
3442 8 2020-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Akirasho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1622238 ft
United States

What happens to my flight data (both Air 2 & Mini).  Android device.  What other surpises?
2020-8-8
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

I would think, not speaking from experience mind you, that if the flights are all synced with the cloud, then you should be able to restore them after the reinstall.
2020-8-8
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have to uninstall from both tablets before I can install any update. No real problems so far.
2020-8-8
Use props
Akirasho
Second Officer
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-8 20:39
Northwood is correct.  As long as you have Auto-sync flight records enabled & all your current flight records have been synced, then after reinstalling your flight data will be retrieved.  Just sign into the samr account & enable Auto-sync when you reinstall.

Auto-sync now enabled, but where is this data and will all my current  data sync?
2020-8-8
Use props
M4cr0s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1404308 ft
Norway

Akirasho Posted at 8-8 22:55
Auto-sync now enabled, but where is this data and will all my current  data sync?

The flight logs are in a folder on your device. If you click "Profile" and under your username and flight data numbers, "more", you will see all that is recorded and if there is any records not uploaded. On Android the flight data is in "Dji\dji.go.v5\FLIGHTRECORD".
2020-8-8
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had the go4 app on an android tablet. The app suddenly stopped working so I unistalled it but when I looked at the tablet via my computer the DJI data storage folder structure was still there. I'd guess the same thing appiles to the fly app.
I had moved all the flight records over to the computer before the unistall so I can not comment on whether the flight records would have survived the uninstal but since the file structure survived I can't help but think the data might too.
That said, backing-up your flight records before the unstall is a good idea.
2020-8-9
Use props
Akirasho
Second Officer
United States

Thanks for the responses!
2020-8-9
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Be careful though - I had flights that I thought had synced but after reinstalling the app they were deleted and unrecoverable from my records. You'll know if they have synced as your total flight duration and distance will update in the totals on the top line.
2020-8-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Akirasho. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared. Kindly please sync all of your flight records before uninstalling the DJI Fly application on your mobile device for you not to loose your previous flight information. Thank you.
2020-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules