1582 12 2020-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mamalemond
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1646240 ft
United States

Hello,

My video clips on my Mavic Mini SD card are wonderful - except for the last one.  

Occassionally my last clip seems to be missing an End-Of-File mark or something and is un-viewable on my PC even though it uploads.  Occassionally, I have gone back and recorded something else, and then re-uploaded it with success.  My current last clip is not viewable - not on my phone, the pc, or a video edit tool.

Anyone else have this problem??

Thoughts??

Jan
2020-8-8
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

It is normal if you fail to stop the recording before switching off power. But all you need to do to fix that is to start a new recording (as you have discovered) and the corrupted one should be finalized.

I consider that a bug because you have to go though a sequence of events to turn off the power so why not finalize the last file as well.

2020-8-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Yes, this is almost always caused by switching off the aircraft while it is still recording. Develop a shut down routine where you stop recording before you power-off the aircraft. Placing the card back in the aircraft and powering it on should cause the aircraft to finalise the file.
2020-8-8
Use props
Mamalemond
lvl.2
United States

Thank you so much for your replies!

I know for certain that I usually do stop the recording (though I do forget).  I have restarted the AC at my desk several times now - trying to get it to finish the file.  I have successfully recorded my desk several times, but not only did not complete the one that I wanted, but generated a new un-completed file.

I do also re-format my cards after most flights - or at least those that have used up significant space on the card.  I have a PNY 32 Elite card.
2020-8-8
Use props
Mamalemond
lvl.2
United States

Since my Mini does not seem to be finishing writing the file anymore - are there any video tools that will fix it?  Freeware, shareware, etc...

Thanks!!
2020-8-8
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mamalemond Posted at 8-8 20:18
Since my Mini does not seem to be finishing writing the file anymore - are there any video tools that will fix it?  Freeware, shareware, etc...

Thanks!!

I still think you are doing something wrong or maybe have an unapproved SD card. But anyway.... I found this freeware several months ago that works, although it is a bit of a workaround and not a full fix. Ther are several companies that offer video recovery services. Most let you try it first for sample brief output or give you a good file with a watermark.
http://djifix.live555.com/

2020-8-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Jan. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Please make sure to always stop the video recording before tuning off the DJI Mavic Mini to void video corruption and to avoid and issues on the said drone in the future. Thank you and fly safe always.
2020-8-10
Use props
Mamalemond
lvl.2
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 8-8 20:48
I still think you are doing something wrong or maybe have an unapproved SD card. But anyway.... I found this freeware several months ago that works, although it is a bit of a workaround and not a full fix. Ther are several companies that offer video recovery services. Most let you try it first for sample brief output or give you a good file with a watermark.
http://djifix.live555.com/

Thank you so much for the link.  I have been trying it.  I haven't landed on the correct option for fixing just yet.  My Mini is set to shoot in 2K and I am not sure what frame rate it is using.  The options for fixing don't include the 2K size (but perhaps it's shorter dimension at 1530). so I am guessing a little here.

Will let you know if I nail it...
2020-8-10
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mamalemond Posted at 8-10 13:55
Thank you so much for the link.  I have been trying it.  I haven't landed on the correct option for fixing just yet.  My Mini is set to shoot in 2K and I am not sure what frame rate it is using.  The options for fixing don't include the 2K size (but perhaps it's shorter dimension at 1530). so I am guessing a little here.

Will let you know if I nail it...

You can send a message to the author asking him to add the 2.7k option for the Mavic Mini. He responded to my request to add the 1080 Mini option back in January. He will ask for you to send him a good file and a bad one. I created a short bad one just by starting the recording and then switching off the Mini power a few seconds later. No need to send a huge file. None of the options will work for the Mini  unless it specifically states it is for it. It uses a different format.
2020-8-10
Use props
Mamalemond
lvl.2
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 8-10 17:52
You can send a message to the author asking him to add the 2.7k option for the Mavic Mini. He responded to my request to add the 1080 Mini option back in January. He will ask for you to send him a good file and a bad one. I created a short bad one just by starting the recording and then switching off the Mini power a few seconds later. No need to send a huge file. None of the options will work for the Mini  unless it specifically states it is for it. It uses a different format.

Thank you so much again for your help.  I may do that...

I did get option "f" to work (1530 @25fps) but played it not with VLC but Power Media Player (windows chose it).

Now to convert it to mp4...

2020-8-10
Use props
Mamalemond
lvl.2
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 8-10 17:52
You can send a message to the author asking him to add the 2.7k option for the Mavic Mini. He responded to my request to add the 1080 Mini option back in January. He will ask for you to send him a good file and a bad one. I created a short bad one just by starting the recording and then switching off the Mini power a few seconds later. No need to send a huge file. None of the options will work for the Mini  unless it specifically states it is for it. It uses a different format.

PS - how do I get in touch with the author?  through the djifixlive555.com site?
2020-8-10
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mamalemond Posted at 8-10 18:45
PS - how do I get in touch with the author?  through the djifixlive555.com site?

Yes, look in the FAQ question 4 for the email address. Naturally, substitute an "@" for the "(at)" shown in the line ;-)
2020-8-10
Use props
JasonWilli
lvl.2

India

Hi, As of my experience with SD card corrupt files the best way to repair/recover the files with the help of DJI Go App on your phone or tablet, the videos and photos of your drone camera get automatically saved on the mobile device. Thus in situations like above, you can recover lost DJI drone camera footages from the DJI Go App on your phone or Tablet. But the size of these files is too small as compared to the same multimedia files saved on your drone’s SD card. In case you didnot find  you can try third party option to recover the files with the help of Stellar Photo Recovery software or any other software like recuva etc.
2020-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules