Use props
Johan97
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37201217 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

A J Posted at 8-9 01:29
2.2KM walk to get it... Hope it was OK

50 meters actually..there is a road crossing the field about 50 meters ahead of the crash spot....
Will pick it up later tonight in the cover of dusk....dont want to walk into the crops in broad day light the farmer may have one or to things to say about that....
2020-8-9
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

actually it is your error to continue the flight so far with the battery communication error flashing since the beginning...when this error occurs gps on drone stops working. So basically drone is in atti mode and there is no way to RTH without gps of course....i had the same issue back in march, several other users also reported the same. With this error you have to land immediately. I hope you find it without damage.
2020-8-9
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Johan97 Posted at 8-9 01:35
50 meters actually..there is a road crossing the field about 50 meters ahead of the crash spot....
Will pick it up later tonight in the cover of dusk....dont want to walk into the crops in broad day light the farmer may have one or to things to say about that....

Thats strange - it showed the drone being 2.2KM away when it came down?
2020-8-9
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 8-9 01:44

2020-8-9
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

A J Posted at 8-9 01:44

actually it doesn't know where it is as the gps is not working, so it is not strange to show wrong distance, if you check beginning of the video you can see it was close to launch point where it landed - see the small grove on the left right before forced landing.
2020-8-9
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sbonev Posted at 8-9 01:47
actually it doesn't know where it is as the gps is not working, so it is not strange to show wrong distance, if you check beginning of the video you can see it was close to launch point where it landed - see the small grove on the left right before forced landing.

So the distance covered is not a true reflection as it states in the app then? So he doesn't know how far the drone flew from his position?
2020-8-9
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

A J Posted at 8-9 01:50
So the distance covered is not a true reflection as it states in the app then? So he doesn't know how far the drone flew from his position?

it appears so, probably uses gps to calculate distance. it might be on the way back he took a shortcut so it was correct distance, drone assuming is going back the same flight path is where the difference of 2 km appears.
2020-8-9
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sbonev Posted at 8-9 01:53
it appears so, probably uses gps to calculate distance. it might be on the way back he took a shortcut so it was correct distance, drone assuming is going back the same flight path is where the difference of 2 km appears.

I see - thanks for clarifying
2020-8-9
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

Hi,
That it bad idea to fly with a battery communication error
2020-8-9
Use props
Johan97
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

sbonev Posted at 8-9 01:43
actually it is your error to continue the flight so far with the battery communication error flashing since the beginning...when this error occurs gps on drone stops working. So basically drone is in atti mode and there is no way to RTH without gps of course....i had the same issue back in march, several other users also reported the same. With this error you have to land immediately. I hope you find it without damage.

Im sorry...? Ofocurse i hade GPS, it was "just" the voltage reading that was not alive...
2020-8-9
Use props
Johan97
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

sbonev Posted at 8-9 01:47
actually it doesn't know where it is as the gps is not working, so it is not strange to show wrong distance, if you check beginning of the video you can see it was close to launch point where it landed - see the small grove on the left right before forced landing.

Please stop speculating, i had all parts fully functional but the voltage reading, im not running with a stock battery as you hopefully understand....the BMS normaly handling the voltage telemetry snapped after take of, but i know the battery can do around 55-58 minutes, however the wind conditions made this flight time not enough to return all the way home this time...
2020-8-9
Use props
Johan97
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

sbonev Posted at 8-9 01:53
it appears so, probably uses gps to calculate distance. it might be on the way back he took a shortcut so it was correct distance, drone assuming is going back the same flight path is where the difference of 2 km appears.

Are you serious or just commenting to annoy me...
2020-8-9
Use props
Johan97
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

VanzPix Posted at 8-9 03:29
Hi,
That it bad idea to fly with a battery communication error

Yeah, not the wisest thing to do but as i know my set up and that it will not affect the flight performance in any way i took a chance to go for the distance record. I know the battery is good for at least 55 minutes but wind conditions did not allow for the whole way back within that time frame today...
2020-8-9
Use props
Johan97
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

sbonev Posted at 8-9 01:43
actually it is your error to continue the flight so far with the battery communication error flashing since the beginning...when this error occurs gps on drone stops working. So basically drone is in atti mode and there is no way to RTH without gps of course....i had the same issue back in march, several other users also reported the same. With this error you have to land immediately. I hope you find it without damage.

Now i read you comment more thoroughly and i now undestand that you completely missunderstod the title of my post. I did not mean that the functionality for RTH failed, (it worked perfectly) i mean that I failed to return my drone to the home point....simply it was a failed flight.
If you look a little closer you will notice that i did use the RTH funcionallity just after the turn until i turned it off to increase speed (as it sometimes do when flying manually and somtimes dont) this time it did and i continued in manual mode.
Ill be happy to give you more informaton about my set up and why this error message occured as long as you stop speculating about things you obviously do not have a clue about, meaning my drone setup...
2020-8-9
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

Johan97 Posted at 8-9 04:54
Yeah, not the wisest thing to do but as i know my set up and that it will not affect the flight performance in any way i took a chance to go for the distance record. I know the battery is good for at least 55 minutes but wind conditions did not allow for the whole way back within that time frame today...
I understand, and actually it takes people a little crazy (humor) to test his drone up to its last limits, it allows us beginners to see what it takes especially not do.
So for that thank you ;)
2020-8-9
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

Johan97 Posted at 8-9 05:17
Now i read you comment more thoroughly and i now undestand that you completely missunderstod the title of my post. I did not mean that the functionality for RTH failed, (it worked perfectly) i mean that I failed to return my drone to the home point....simply it was a failed flight.
If you look a little closer you will notice that i did use the RTH funcionallity just after the turn until i turned it off to increase speed (as it sometimes do when flying manually and somtimes dont) this time it did and i continued in manual mode.
Ill be happy to give you more informaton about my set up and why this error message occured as long as you stop speculating about things you obviously do not have a clue about, meaning my drone setup...

sorry my bad, nowhere is mentioned you weren't with stock battery which explains the error..it is not like there is some explanation to the video or i watched it very thoroughly....
2020-8-9
Use props
Johan97
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

sbonev Posted at 8-9 06:15
sorry my bad, nowhere is mentioned you weren't with stock battery which explains the error..it is not like there is some explanation to the video or i watched it very thoroughly....

In the vid description it's stated...
2020-8-9
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

Johan97 Posted at 8-9 08:57
In the vid description it's stated...

unfortunately video description displays only on youtube, so it is always good to add a line or two just in case somebody gets the wrong idea from the title, especially when there is bi red flashing error on the video screen
2020-8-9
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Johan97 Posted at 8-9 01:35
Will pick it up later tonight in the cover of dusk....dont want to walk into the crops in broad day light the farmer may have one or to things to say about that....

Would ask the farmer for permission.  
2020-8-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I hope the combine harvester doesn't come out soon.
2020-8-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Can't watch the video anymore.
Did you get it back?
2020-10-26
Use props
Johan97
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Montfrooij Posted at 10-26 00:05
Can't watch the video anymore.
Did you get it back?

Yeah, i took this video down since i have made a longer and that time successful filght after this one:

2020-10-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Johan97 Posted at 10-26 00:22
Yeah, i took this video down since i have made a longer and that time successful filght after this one:

https://youtu.be/A-AMWNw9gJE

That was rather impressive!
2020-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules