DJI FPV air unit show cell voltage
7095 10 2020-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
m_eisele
lvl.1

Switzerland

As far as i can tell there is absolutely no way to show the battery voltage of the quadcopter using the air unit?

yes i know that they patched in that the goggles can now show custom OSD but "luckily" the majority of HD compatible FC have removed integrated OSD making that feature useless for many people out there.

since i was a big dumbass and purchased a tmotor f7 FC (and i actually thought that was a good choice at the time) that falls into the the "no OSD support" cathegory i have no idea how i'm suppose to keep my batteries from exploding.

the beeper warning is no where near loud enough for me to hear over the prop noise while flying.

does anyone with more experience using the dji air unit system than me have any advice (besides just throwing my FC in the garbage or switching back to analogue)?

2020-8-8
Use props
Xviews
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229255 ft
Germany

Are you using the DJI remote control? Without the OSD chip, no voltage is displayed even with analog.
2020-8-9
Use props
m_eisele
lvl.1

Switzerland

Xviews Posted at 8-9 01:18
Are you using the DJI remote control? Without the OSD chip, no voltage is displayed even with analog.

No. i'm using a TaranisQ X7.

yeah i know that without an OSD chip there's no display even on analogue. but there is basically no non-hd FC on the market without integrated OSD.

so if i understand this correctly no one thought that battery voltage might be important when developing the DJI air unit considering that custom OSD was a firmware patch afterthought and thusly way too many HD FC didn't bother to include an OSD?

while not super happy about it i can live without an OSD. what i can't live with is my batteries blowing up because i have no feedback on when they are low.

i'm not very experienced with quads. i've been flying them for about a year and so far i never had the problem of a missing OSD so i didn't even consider it when building my digital DJI quad...

2020-8-9
Use props
jffry7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27566 ft
Singapore

I agree that batts voltage are important but what Xviews is pointing at is that DJI goggles has no way to display something that is not present on the FC. The most you could do is telemetry on QX 7 and batt alarm if you have the correct RX. But maybe I could be wrong and there there is really a way then all good but for now you will be stuck with telemetry on controller and the not so load beeper that we cannot hear cause we dont have audio.

I too was in the same position as you but lucky I just decide to not build a quad without that and got geprc aio and diatone mamba on my quads. I dont use DJI controller so it was super helpful to get OSD in the goggles.
2020-8-9
Use props
Xviews
Second Officer
Germany

m_eisele Posted at 8-9 01:43
No. i'm using a TaranisQ X7.

yeah i know that without an OSD chip there's no display even on analogue. but there is basically no non-hd FC on the market without integrated OSD.

Like I said, it doesn't work without an OSD chip. But I don't know if DJI doesn't show the voltage when COSD is off and the voltage of the AirUnit is displayed/measured.

I always use double telemetry, once in the OSD and at the Frsky TX with Frsky RXSR RX. Now I have switched to CF and I am doing it again the same way.
Every 5s I get the cell voltage announced.

I know that the HGLRC DJI Zeus F722 has a DJI connector and an OSD chip.

2020-8-9
Use props
m_eisele
lvl.1

Switzerland

Xviews Posted at 8-9 02:51
Like I said, it doesn't work without an OSD chip. But I don't know if DJI doesn't show the voltage when COSD is off and the voltage of the AirUnit is displayed/measured.

I always use double telemetry, once in the OSD and at the Frsky TX with Frsky RXSR RX. Now I have switched to CF and I am doing it again the same way.

telemetry would be good enough for me. i'm currently trying to set up  telemetry with the Frsky XM+ and have gotten to the point where it  transmits RSSI but i can't manage to get the Q X7 to find any  sensors....

2020-8-9
Use props
Xviews
Second Officer
Germany

m_eisele Posted at 8-9 03:24
telemetry would be good enough for me. i'm currently trying to set up telemetry with the Frsky XM+ and have gotten to the point where it transmits RSSI but i can't manage to get the Q X7 to find any sensors....

I don't think this is possible because the Xm+ has no telemetry.
You need a telemetry receiver, like the RXSR
2020-8-9
Use props
m_eisele
lvl.1

Switzerland

Xviews Posted at 8-9 03:27

as far as i can tell i'm absolutely stuffed.

the air unit doens't have it's own OSD (for whatever reason i can not understand), the t-motor F7 has telemetry but no OSD chip and the FrSky XM+ doesn't transmit telemetry. i might as well throw this fucking quad in the garbage since i have no possible way of telling when the batteries are low.
2020-8-9
Use props
m_eisele
lvl.1

Switzerland

Xviews Posted at 8-9 03:27

well i'm hugely frustrated right now.

thanks for your help anyway though.
2020-8-9
Use props
Xviews
Second Officer
Germany

Well, don't give up. You can now either buy an R-XSR or a new FC, I guess it doesn't make any difference in price.

When I started FPV 7 years ago, there was no telemitry or OSD, so I always flew with timer.
2020-8-9
Use props
m_eisele
lvl.1

Switzerland

Xviews Posted at 8-9 05:25
Well, don't give up. You can now either buy an R-XSR or a new FC, I guess it doesn't make any difference in price.

When I started FPV 7 years ago, there was no telemitry or OSD, so I always flew with timer.

well i'm going to go with getting a R-XRS.

it's about half the price of getting a new FC and replacing a FC is a much larger undertaking than just soldering on a new receiver.
also i got the FC in a stack with a F55A PRO II 55A ESC which i don't really want to run with a different FC.

i would like OSD but if i'm completely honest besides voltage there's really nothing i actually need.

t-motors really need to start including OSD with their HD capable FC now that DJI added support...
2020-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules