Pilot App Tutorials for camera settings? Where?
2588 10 2015-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tonycorsoimages
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Yay...just got my PHV3.  

A bit intimidated by the app and camera settings...was trying to find some tutorials on them and the only one available on YouTube was in German.  
I did watch the intro videos on DJI but they really didn't address this.  If there is one, I missed seeing it.

Help?
2015-6-20
Use props
jacmac64
lvl.3

United States

Here is the best one I've found

2015-6-20
Use props
headkumquat
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16060 ft
Canada

Here's one by Jim Hare that has some good info on camera settings for video. It's done for the Inspire 1, but the Pilot app and camera for P3 is basically the same.

2015-6-20
Use props
tonycorsoimages
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Great...thanks so much.  I went out for a bit just to toy around with it some and did figure out how to adjust the exposure...which is certainly a new feature than what my PHV2 has.

Also...I've noticed on playing back some video...the 4K tends to be a bit jerky...larger file, I know. But what program do many of you use to edit?  I am using iMovie and have been happy with it on my other stuff from the PV2.
2015-6-20
Use props
phichaklim
lvl.2

Thailand

http://youtu.be/p-ghecYbLTM
2015-6-22
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

I did a writeup of some general and videography tips on this forum - and posted them on my website.
2015-6-22
Use props
wanccie
lvl.2

United States

FantomDK Posted at 2015-6-23 15:37
I did a writeup of some general and videography tips on this forum - and posted them on my website.

Hello,

I bought your ND filters and I am quite pleased.  I'm not much of a photographer but learning fast and I just love using the filters.  The filters are making me a much better photographer.
2015-6-23
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

wanccie Posted at 2015-6-23 18:04
Hello,

I bought your ND filters and I am quite pleased.  I'm not much of a photographer but learn ...

Awesome, thank you very much!
2015-6-24
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

FantomDK Posted at 2015-6-23 15:37

Inserted one of your filters (ND-8) today. It was pretty bright outside. Got side-tracked. Later, when I finally did get outside, it wasn't nearly as bright as it had been, but was still moderately bright.

It was very nice to be able to bump ISO down to 100 and play with everything else without watching the shutter speed climb into the ozone! In the next day or two we'll get more sunlight and I'll try again. But it sure is nice to be able to post-process and have to lighten the exposure!
2015-6-25
Use props
challenger451
lvl.2

United States

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-6-26 06:51
Inserted one of your filters (ND-8) today. It was pretty bright outside. Got side-tracked. Later,  ...

This is my favorite Pilot app.  It's easy to understand and thorough.

2015-6-25
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

challenger451@c Posted at 2015-6-26 07:06
This is my favorite Pilot app.  It's easy to understand and thorough.

https://www.youtube.com/wat ...

Good video.

Sadly he jumped a bit quickly over some important issues like what the "Gains" and "Expo" really does.  Generally, lowering the Gains and Expo will make it possible to do the slow and smooth movements and yaw that really work well when doing aerial video.

He also jumped a bit quickly over the issue of "Gimbal Speed" and he set it back up to max speed of 100. Again I'd suggest setting this lower (mine is about 50 or lower but I also changed the "expo" of the gimbal (that is somewhere else in the settings, sorry, can't recall the exact place - but remember to scroll down in the settings, sometimes something is hiding below - or in an extra menu point). With the expo and slower speed of the gimbal, it is much easier to make these nice looking smooth ease-in and ease-out gimbal movements. Looks a lot better and more professional when doing aerial video.
2015-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules