First flights at high altitude
963 22 2020-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

Here is a video of the first flight at high altitude in the Swiss Alps. It is one video, graded, no other editing. As it was in sport mode at times it got loose on the yaw...

I hope you enjoy it

2020-8-9
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

there was a thin layer of clouds, this adds to the effect at the beginning. As for the chalet i am afraid it is more than that - only a restaurant and perhaps a hotel...
2020-8-9
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Awesome footage
2020-8-9
Use props
djiuser_jlXvtbqzCyHi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4725190 ft
Spain

Looks like painted... so unreal...... beautiful footage!!!!
2020-8-9
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

This looks more like airplaine view than drone footage, very cool!
2020-8-9
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Of course colour grading is a matter of personal taste, but I think the footage may benefit from subtle adjustments of exposure and saturation. More advanced video editing softwares are offering post processing features like Clarity or Haze removal, since this video is suffering from such. Not bad for little Mavic anyway ...
2020-8-9
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 8-9 12:41
Of course colour grading is a matter of personal taste, but I think the footage may benefit from subtle adjustments of exposure and saturation. More advanced video editing softwares are offering post processing features like Clarity or Haze removal, since this video is suffering from such. Not bad for little Mavic anyway ...

yes, that is true,  I was just cautious not to overdo myself with the grading, as i tend to sometimes....actually i did it in davinci, but to be honest no idea where they have the clarity and dehaze as i am still playing with it occasionally and there is always a lot more to learn than time.  it is a lot easier with photos
2020-8-9
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

virtual Posted at 8-9 12:28
This looks more like airplaine view than drone footage, very cool!

well given the height it is close
2020-8-9
Use props
ESchimidt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 310879 ft
Brazil

Beautiful place .. Beautiful footage
2020-8-9
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

sbonev Posted at 8-9 13:16
yes, that is true,  I was just cautious not to overdo myself with the grading, as i tend to sometimes....actually i did it in davinci, but to be honest no idea where they have the clarity and dehaze as i am still playing with it occasionally and there is always a lot more to learn than time.  it is a lot easier with photos

Well, I was too optimistic with Clarity and Dehaze options for H.264 video format editing. I don't know what was I thinking, I must confess. My apologies. None of video editing software is offering such. You're limited for playing with exposure, contrast, shadows, saturation etc., but clarity/haze tweaking is reserved for advanced formats of still photography. Still, you should be able to pull a bit more details from your footage ...
2020-8-9
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 8-9 14:30
Well, I was too optimistic with Clarity and Dehaze options for H.264 video format editing. I don't know what was I thinking, I must confess. My apologies. None of video editing software is offering such. You're limited for playing with exposure, contrast, shadows, saturation etc., but clarity/haze tweaking is reserved for advanced formats of still photography. Still, you should be able to pull a bit more details from your footage ...

well you made me research it cause i was just going over to the photos and that dehaze does miracles actually davinci has dehaze effect it but it is only available in the paid version. in adobe premiere there is a way to do it layering your video and it seems good enough, i might give it a try. davinci is really tough for some of the tasks and easy for others but overall was trying it over and probably not that good as adobe when it comes to color grading.
2020-8-9
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great footage!
2020-8-9
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Nice location, beautiful footage, thanks
2020-8-9
Use props
bobsp
lvl.1
Australia

You didn't get any motor overspeed errors in the thin air?
2020-8-9
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Awesome footage
2020-8-9
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Excellent Video !!
2020-8-10
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

bobsp Posted at 8-9 18:35
You didn't get any motor overspeed errors in the thin air?

No issues at all, apart from the constant warning to fly carefully didn't notice any difference to previous no altitude flights...though i was in sport mode all the time for just in case
2020-8-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely done.    
2020-8-10
Use props
Richard Hopkins
lvl.4
Flight distance : 923406 ft
United States

Beautiful location, looks like your flying in a painting, very well-done! Thanks for sharing!
2020-8-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there sbonev. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this cool video you have filmed using your DJI Mavic Mini. Great work and fly safe always.
2020-8-10
Use props
Filmari Aeriene
lvl.1
Romania

Nice panoramic view!
2020-8-10
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States