Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ptuchik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 201503 ft
  • >>>
Armenia

Hello DJI,

I'm wondering how the leading drone company can have such awful support? I'm an owner of many DJI products and bought Mavic Mini on it's day one approximately, then crashed after few days with result of broken leg of gimbal. I ordered a genuine gimbal replacement part (BC.MA.SS000115.01) and replaced it, after which everything is working perfect only I have the camera tilted to left and an error 40021 about incompatible IMU data.

I tried to contact DJI support, DJI tech support, researched a lot through all over the web and got no answer, only hundreds of people having the same issue with no resolution.

So.. is it so impossible to give solution to your customers? Believe me it is awful behavior of you. Everyone knows that it is GPS+IMU module data re-pairing issue with new camera. So it is a software issue, and so 8 months past and you don't care about your customers. You will lose everything if you will continue to leave your customers out of simple support.

P.S. I'm more than familiar with all that tech stuff, so don't write that I may break a microcomponent during replacement, as your support is always talking about.

P.S.2. Nowdays you are not the best on the market, there is also giantic Skydio comes with perfect solutions, so my strong advice: take care of your customers, to not lose everything you have today!!!!
2020-8-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I am sorry to hear about the troubles you had experienced, Ptuchik. If the Mavic Mini app indicates that the gimbal IMU data is not matched, then please calibrate the aircraft’s IMU and gimbal. If the issue persists, you can send back the aircraft to DJI for diagnosis and service. If you are located in Armenia, you may contact the local dealer or our support via email to start a case and send the unit back.
A warm prompt, as you mentioned that the gimbal was replaced by you, I am sorry to tell that self-service may void the warranty, you may need to pay the service. Hope for your kind understanding.
2020-8-9
Use props
Ptuchik
lvl.4
  • >>>
Armenia

DJI Susan Posted at 8-9 20:28
I am sorry to hear about the troubles you had experienced, Ptuchik. If the Mavic Mini app indicates that the gimbal IMU data is not matched, then please calibrate the aircraft’s IMU and gimbal. If the issue persists, you can send back the aircraft to DJI for diagnosis and service. If you are located in Armenia, you may contact the local dealer or our support via email to start a case and send the unit back.
A warm prompt, as you mentioned that the gimbal was replaced by you, I am sorry to tell that self-service may void the warranty, you may need to pay the service. Hope for your kind understanding.

I did all the calibrations and all completed with 100% success, but the error message and tilt is still there.
I can't send back, because I'm from Armenia and my country is not listed on your request form
2020-8-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Ptuchik Posted at 8-9 22:30
I did all the calibrations and all completed with 100% success, but the error message and tilt is still there.
I can't send back, because I'm from Armenia and my country is not listed on your request form

Sorry to know that the issue persists. You may contact our support via email to help to start a case http://www.dji.com/support.
2020-8-10
Use props
Ptuchik
lvl.4
  • >>>
Armenia

DJI Susan Posted at 8-10 04:30
Sorry to know that the issue persists. You may contact our support via email to help to start a case http://www.dji.com/support.

Thank you for reply, but I contacted them many times. They just told me to send the drone back. But as I mentioned before I'm from Armenia, and my country is not even listed on repair request form and besides the whole process will cost much than a new Mavic Mini.
So I have a small and only one question: if we all know the cause of the issue with Error: 40021, and know how to fix it, why they don't want to release some kind of software or do it remotely. I'm more than sure that they can, as it is not an unknown issue, it is pretty known and famous issue that can be fixed with just a few clicks. Just need to re-pair the existing IMU with the new camera module, and that's it! It's kinda hard reset of components pairing.
2020-8-10
Use props
kRt_Uk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18333 ft
United Kingdom

Same here mate, the camera is pointing very off centre however the gimbal follows the drone moviments alright. No error 40021 but I can't calibrate the gimbal and I  get stuck at 10% when I try it.
I can successfully calibrate IMU and compass.
Mavic Mini doesn't have a hard reset that I think could be very promising to sort this issue.

2020-8-24
Use props
yucel_ozyazgan
lvl.1

Turkey

Read it my Armenian friend : https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 866&pid=2206462
2020-11-6
Use props
Avik Aghajanyan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Armenia

yucel_ozyazgan Posted at 11-6 06:39
Read it my Armenian friend : https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=210866&pid=2206462

Thank you my friend, I tried it previously, but couldn't get it working. Later found out that we have local store of DJI in Yerevan, Armenia (they seem to be resellers), sent to them and they fixed it by contacting official DJI. Now it is working perfect.

Thanks for your help,

Regards,
2020-11-6
Use props
djiuser_Oy59sT89Nf9U
lvl.1
Flight distance : 188671 ft
Saudi Arabia

Gimbal IMU data error.  Contact DJI Support for assistance (Code: 40021)?????!!!!!!
2021-5-19
Use props
miniDrone360
lvl.4
Flight distance : 25380883 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_Oy59sT89Nf9U Posted at 5-19 07:16
Gimbal IMU data error.  Contact DJI Support for assistance (Code: 40021)?????!!!!!!

Hello,
When you change your drone's camera, it must be paired with IMU with new camera ID, so just DJI Service Centers can pair them with a software named RepairTool. So it can't be done with yourself.

check this article: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 866&pid=2118037
2021-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules