Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
screw on transmitter?
2676 8 2015-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lightpanther
lvl.3

United States

Pardon the dumb question, but there is a silver screw by which the screen hinge on the transmitter screws into the transmitter body. Is this meant to be unscrewed so that the hinge can be further tilted as a whole to desired positions? I tried unscrewing and pulling, but don't want to break something.

Problem behind the question is that I am trying to use a sun shade, but I am finding that the weight of the shade is actually pulling the entire screen mount back while I hold the transmitter. Fortunately, this happened at home and not when I was flying the aircraft. I've tried tightening the screw on the side of the tilt arm, but without much difference to be honest.

2015-6-20
Use props
gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

No, tighten that sucker down.  There is a shaft on the end of the threads that goes into the transmitter body that is supposed to help stabilize the whole thing but as you have discovered there are serious limitations to this arrangement.  About the only way to improve it at this point is to spend $30 and buy the mobile device holder that is used with the inspire because the support frame in metal rather than plastic.

I suspect there is somebody out there working on some kind of 3D printed "outriggers" that will turn it into a tripod arrangement and finally get it properly braced (hint, hint!)
2015-6-21
Use props
Phantom Help
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

gil, I believe the OP is referring to this:

Mount.jpg

If folding the top of mount down to fit it in a case, it would be better to not crank down on that screw. When loose though, the weight of the tablet on the mount is going to make it lay back the whole way. That's not such an issue though unless you like to hold your remote controller perfectly flat.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)

2015-6-21
Use props
gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Ahh.  Well then, in this case a picture is worth... 1,2,3... carry the 1...  61 words!  (would still like to see somebody 3D print a brace!)
2015-6-21
Use props
Phantom Help
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

gil, I've never tried this, but this might help:
http://www.relish3d.com/dji-phan ... unt-support-adapter

This is definitely the best fix though:
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/how-to-fix-unstable-tablet-mount.42864

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-6-21
Use props
BobbyB
lvl.1

United States

Phantom Help Posted at 2015-6-22 02:24
gil, I've never tried this, but this might help:
http://www.relish3d.com/dji-phantom-3-monitor-mount ...

The Inspire 1 mobile device holder is a day and night difference with the plastic one.  Definitely a must have upgrade.
2015-6-21
Use props
lightpanther
lvl.3

United States

BobbyB Posted at 2015-6-22 02:54
The Inspire 1 mobile device holder is a day and night difference with the plastic one.  Definitely ...

That screw on the side is the one I tightened to try to prevent the screen + shade tilting...however the screw I was talking about in the OP can be seen on the right hand side of that picture, as it enters the transmitter body. It's not a screw head, but a silver screwing shaft. For what purpose does this unscrew?...is my basic question.
2015-6-21
Use props
BobbyB
lvl.1

United States

lightpanther Posted at 2015-6-22 11:33
That screw on the side is the one I tightened to try to prevent the screen + shade tilting...howev ...

Its a collared pin that treads to the portion that attaches the holder to the remote.  Basically, there's two attachment points, the horizontal screw and the vertical pin.  Seems like an odd design.  I haven't had the remote apart so I don't know if there's some other purpose for the collared pin.      
2015-6-22
Use props
questech
lvl.1
United States

Phantom Help Posted at 2015-6-21 09:14
gil, I believe the OP is referring to this:

[view_image]

Hi Everyone

I need the flat-head screw that connects the mounting bracket to the transmitter (towards the bottom of the transmitter closest to the operator).

I purchased the inspire version, and yes it is much better, but the screw for the inspire version is different (larger) than the one from the phantom 3 pro version... and my new unit didn't come with that screw.

So for now I'm using an allen-head with flange  head and it works fine, but would prefer to have the correct parts.

Can't find that screw listed separately on any site including the DJI site (in fact it isn't even listed in the package contents, although it is pictured).

Anyone know how to get one?

Thanks!

BTW  It was almost impossible to tighten the screw that connects the device clamp to the bracket (on the phantom version) enough to prevent the tablet from flopping around at will, but the inspire version is solid and doesn't have that problem for me.
2018-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules