Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Using a tablet instead of a phone.
2001 9 2020-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mettauk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 269610 ft
United Kingdom

I tried to install DJI Fly App on a 7'' tablet running Android 9. I was unable to due to restriction on Playstore from DJI. Does anyone know why it seems impossible to install the App on a Tablet? I also tried to put the App on an old 10'' (2014) Galaxy Tab and had the same problem but guessed the Android OS and hardware was really old so was a no go, but Android 9 is not sooo old.

If I can’t resolve it i'm looking for a large screen phone or some advise on getting a DJI Fly on a tablet.

Anyone know how, or has anyone got a suggestion for a large screen android phone or Tablet that it will install on that wont further break the bank?

2020-8-9
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm using an ipad on ios with no problems, it might just be an android restrictions.
2020-8-9
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 8-9 16:44
I'm using an ipad on ios with no problems, it might just be an android restrictions.

Same here. iPad works just fine.
2020-8-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Does anyone know why it seems impossible to install the App on a Tablet?
Since so many flyers use tablets, it's not impossible at all.
But it can be difficult on an unsuitable tablet.

One of the major issues is that DJI's new Fly app will only work on a 64 bit phone or tablet, so old (and even new)  32 bit devices just won't work.

If you are looking for a good Android tablet for flying, you can't get better than the Huawei M3, M5 or M6.

2020-8-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Mettauk. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. The mobile device need to be 64-bit, otherwise DJI Fly application is not compatible with your Android mobile device. In addition to this I will post a DJI Forum thread on DJI Fly App Android compatibility : A comprehensive guide ( https://forum.dji.com/thread-202136-1-1.html ). Thank you.
2020-8-10
Use props
Mettauk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 269610 ft
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 8-9 17:02
Does anyone know why it seems impossible to install the App on a Tablet?
Since so many flyers use tablets, it's not impossible at all.
But it can be difficult on an unsuitable tablet.

Now have a M5 lite 8" pad with DJI fly installed! So all will be well...
2020-8-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Mettauk Posted at 8-15 18:50
Now have a M5 lite 8" pad with DJI fly installed! So all will be well...

If you have any issues, here's a guide to setting up the tablet properly:
http://www.phantomhelp.com/tips/ ... ep-by-step-guide.31
The most important step is #2.
2020-8-15
Use props
vortex19
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 8-15 20:41
If you have any issues, here's a guide to setting up the tablet properly:
http://www.phantomhelp.com/tips/install-dji-go-on-an-android-tablet-or-phone-step-by-step-guide.31
The most important step is #2.

This thread is specifically about the Fly app. Your link is about the Go app - does it apply equally to the Fly app? The primary problem most people have is with trying to load the Fly app on 32 bit systems.
2020-8-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

vortex19 Posted at 8-16 06:17
This thread is specifically about the Fly app. Your link is about the Go app - does it apply equally to the Fly app? The primary problem most people have is with trying to load the Fly app on 32 bit systems.

Yes .. those principles apply equally to setting up a tablet for the Fly app.
2020-8-16
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

You don't need to go to much trouble installing the app or updates on an unapproved tablet or any other device. Just find and download the apk file and run it. That bypasses the limits set by the Play store. I have two tablets (Samsung and Asus) and do that all the time. You will have to do all updates the same manual way unless/until DJI finally approves your device. Since it is not automated, it may be necessary to first uninstall the app before installing updates.
2020-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules