Multiple P4M barometer failures
427 7 2020-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
frankdemden
lvl.2
Australia

Has anyone else had problems with barometer errors with the new P4 Multispec? I have just received my third unit and it has the same probem as the previous three. Starting to lose patience and very disappointed to be receiving multiple malfunctioning units. I've tried the latest firmware update but still the problem persists. Attaching a screenshot of an example log file showing the barometer altitude going negative when the aircraft is remaining stationary and all other sensors remaining stable. Sometimes I can get it to takeoff, but as soon as it starts a mission it either plummets to the ground, or slowly descends, only to be stopped by the ultrasonic obstacle avoidance.

2020-8-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I terribly hear that you had experienced the barometer issue with your drones, I understand your frustration on this case. Could you please provide the screenshot of the error message, and connect the drone to DJI Assistant 2 and export the flight log to us? You can upload the log to Dropbox/Google Drive so I can download it. Thank you.
2020-8-10
Use props
frankdemden
lvl.2
Australia

Thanks, link to an example log file https://www.dropbox.com/s/l8oqonn4wa0gyto/EXPORT_FILE_2020-08-10_09-22-26.DAT?dl=0
2020-8-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

frankdemden Posted at 8-10 02:00
Thanks, link to an example log file https://www.dropbox.com/s/l8oqonn4wa0gyto/EXPORT_FILE_2020-08-10_09-22-26.DAT?dl=0

Thank you for getting back, I had forwarded it to the engineers to check, if there is an update, I will let you know.
At the same time, could you please help to confirm if the drone had got impact damaged? Since you mentioned that the drone plummeted to the ground. Thanks.
2020-8-10
Use props
frankdemden
lvl.2
Australia

No impact damage. The plummeting was controlled, but obviously disconcerting seeing it fall so quickly. The log I sent is just an example to show the barometer error with no takeoff. All three drones had this error straight out of the box. All were updated with the latest firmware prior to the attempted flights.
2020-8-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

frankdemden Posted at 8-10 05:14
No impact damage. The plummeting was controlled, but obviously disconcerting seeing it fall so quickly. The log I sent is just an example to show the barometer error with no takeoff. All three drones had this error straight out of the box. All were updated with the latest firmware prior to the attempted flights.

Thank you for getting back to us, frankdemden. As per the log, the data of the barometer is not stable. Please help to double confirm if there was a fan spinning nearby, or it was under the air conditioner. If the error persists after trying to move the drone to a relatively peaceful condition, please send the drone back again. Sincerely sorry again for the trouble.
2020-8-12
Use props
frankdemden
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 8-12 03:37
Thank you for getting back to us, frankdemden. As per the log, the data of the barometer is not stable. Please help to double confirm if there was a fan spinning nearby, or it was under the air conditioner. If the error persists after trying to move the drone to a relatively peaceful condition, please send the drone back again. Sincerely sorry again for the trouble.

There were no fans or airconditioners nearby. This is the third replacement drone that has been sent with the same error. I need a replacement that works sent to me asap.
2020-8-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

frankdemden Posted at 8-12 18:11
There were no fans or airconditioners nearby. This is the third replacement drone that has been sent with the same error. I need a replacement that works sent to me asap.

Sorry for that case happened. Under this situation, you are recommended to send it in for a diagnosis again, please contact our support team via http://www.dji.com/support to open a case. After sending it in, please let me know your case number so I can help to keep an eye on it, thanks.
2020-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules