Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Canon R5?
12Next >
11707 44 2020-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NikMar
lvl.2
United States

Any idea of when the Ronin S will support the Canon R5?
2020-8-9
Use props
Stanley James
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

You really think the R5 will record video long enough without overheating to get good footage on a gimbal?

No way would I touch the R5 with a 10' pole right now and definitely not for any production quality video work.
2020-8-12
Use props
NikMar
lvl.2
United States

Stanley James Posted at 8-12 18:30
You really think the R5 will record video long enough without overheating to get good footage on a gimbal?

No way would I touch the R5 with a 10' pole right now and definitely not for any production quality video work.

Absolutely.  I recorded for over 2 1/2 hours today in 4K HQ externally to the Ninja V with no overheating or even a warning.  The key is to remove the CF Express card (which is the culprit of the overheating) and you can basically record unlimited.  The 4K HQ (downsampled 8k) is better than any 4K mirrorless on the market.

Here's a link to the guy who recorded 4 hours straight in 4K HQ and never had an overheating problem or warning

2020-8-12
Use props
kevinf
New
United States

+1 on the support question (not here to debate the heat issue).
2020-9-18
Use props
sensai_master
New

Australia

Also chasing support for the R5. Any updates appreciated.
2020-9-21
Use props
method007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

There is virtually no chance the R5 will be added.  I expect their new Ronin will support it though.  
2020-9-21
Use props
AltAir Earth
New
South Africa

I'm also absolutely desperate for Canon R5 compatibility!
2020-9-27
Use props
AD8 Films
lvl.1

Australia

I'd also like support for the Canon EOS R6.   I upgraded recently and I'm loving the camera but it sucks not being able to use all the features of the Ronin-s
2020-9-28
Use props
RickyBat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 317116 ft
United States

Looking for R5 support also , i hope i don't have to buy a new Gimbal i just bought this damn thing.
2020-10-5
Use props
fansc2ae67ae
lvl.1
Indonesia

Eos R5 support update pleaseee
2020-10-9
Use props
IronJuice
lvl.2
Flight distance : 295486 ft
Canada

It would be unwise for DJI not to provide support on Canon's latest flagship mirrorless camera with 8K RAW capability. Dev should be straightforward if API is ported over. Looking forward to seeing DJI's response with its next release.
2020-10-9
Use props
fansc2ae67ae
lvl.1
Indonesia

IronJuice Posted at 10-9 17:38
It would be unwise for DJI not to provide support on Canon's latest flagship mirrorless camera with 8K RAW capability. Dev should be straightforward if API is ported over. Looking forward to seeing DJI's response with its next release.

Totally agree with you
2020-10-9
Use props
djiuser_OUS0F1ePUEyq
New
Flight distance : 108320 ft
India

+1 for the Canon R5 support. ASAP
2020-10-12
Use props
jmvdigital
lvl.1
United States

+2 for Canon R5 support on the Ronin-S.
2020-10-14
Use props
SSVMedia
New

Canada

Support for the Canon R5? Just bought the Ronin S a few months ago!
2020-10-14
Use props
RickyBat
lvl.2
United States

I see the ads for the new Ronin RS with an R5 on it. I hope they are not expecting people to buy a new Ronin just to get support for the R5 because I literally just bought this a month ago and i am past my return window. I would be extremely  
2020-10-15
Use props
flix77
New
Germany

+2 for Canon R5 support on the Ronin-S.

Due to the fact that both new models DJI RS 2 and RSC 2 support R5 & R6 it should be an easy job to get it integrated into the Ronin S.
2020-10-15
Use props
Nuvolari1
lvl.2
Sweden

+ + +

DJI should already published this update, if there intension is to be take seriously (?)
2020-10-18
Use props
JM_Anthony
lvl.1
Australia

AD8 Films Posted at 9-28 05:07
I'd also like support for the Canon EOS R6.   I upgraded recently and I'm loving the camera but it sucks not being able to use all the features of the Ronin-s

I'm in the same boat... was originally looking at the Eos R and Ronin S combo which is compatible and then last minute went for the R6 and didn't check compatibility. Assumption was my error here.
I've still got the focus wheel on back order which i assume at this point in time won't work when it arrives
2020-10-18
Use props
RickyBat
lvl.2
United States

JM_Anthony Posted at 10-18 15:51
I'm in the same boat... was originally looking at the Eos R and Ronin S combo which is compatible and then last minute went for the R6 and didn't check compatibility. Assumption was my error here.
I've still got the focus wheel on back order which i assume at this point in time won't work when it arrives

don't expect any accessories to work, i still don't understand  DJI , the Raven Eye shows its compatible with the Ronin S, but 3 month of cameras are not. i mean the R5 and R6 shouldn't be far off the R in order to make it work. Plus they made it work on their newest release. I guess its planned obsolescence
2020-10-19
Use props
thejeremyricci
lvl.1

United States

Fucking months later and they can't even be bothered to reply to these threads, tweets, or emails.

Gross. DJI sucks.
2020-10-22
Use props
RickyBat
lvl.2
United States

i refuse to buy another more expensive DJI gimbal just to get support for a camera that they support on their new one.  completely absurd,
2020-10-22
Use props
tony
lvl.1
United States

Any updates on Ronin-S compatibility with Canon R5?  It's so hard to find an updated list to find out if this has happened and it's just me not getting everything set properly, or it still hasn't happened?  Just got my R5. Then got the correct cable for it. Nothing.  Anyone?  Thanks.  
2020-11-6
Use props
djiuser_vPJbf2K7duz1
New
United States

Literally just bought the Ronin-S right before I bought the Canon R5. I assumed DJI would want to support the most current release of Canon’s flagship mirrorless as they already support the R series. Why the heck doesn’t the R5 or R6 work?! Infuriating.
2020-11-22
Use props
LeoKleemann
New

Brazil

waiting for the update!
2020-11-23
Use props
Lasting Light
lvl.1
Flight distance : 165928 ft
United States

+1.  I've been waiting patiently and watching for an update to the compatibility list for the Ronin S.  This needs to happen!
2020-11-26
Use props
gt3rs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 280056 ft
Switzerland

+1 on R5 support and also 1Dx III, this needs to happen

Would be also nice Active Track with Raveneye on Ronin S
2020-11-27
Use props
nonfacciofoto
lvl.1

Italy

+1 on R5 support.
2020-12-3
Use props
PinholeR5
New

United States

Oh man, I just got the Ronin S and was planning on using it with my R5!!!!
2020-12-6
Use props
virgils
lvl.1
United States

We need support for Canon R5!
2020-12-6
Use props
PinholeR5
New

United States

Same issue.  Just got the Ronin S, planning on using it with my R5.
2020-12-8
Use props
pierre8
New

Sweden

Support for the Ronin-s with  R5 please
2020-12-17
Use props
TurnerJ
lvl.1
United States

flix77 Posted at 10-15 10:12
+2 for Canon R5 support on the Ronin-S.

Due to the fact that both new models DJI RS 2 and RSC 2 support R5 & R6 it should be an easy job to get it integrated into the Ronin S.

Exactly my thoughts!!! Desperate for an update to the Ronin-SC for the EOS R6, but it's crickets from DJI. I thought perhaps it would be a few weeks. It's been three months!!! Can't believe this. It's the gimbal they created specifically FOR MIRRORLESS CAMERAS and they're missing the flagship models from Canon.

GET IT TOGETHER, DJI!!
2020-12-18
Use props
fansa475442c
New
Flight distance : 38957 ft
United States

Good news! Reached out to DJI support and this is the message they responded with! Support for the EOS R5 is coming! No date yet but in the works with the Nikon Z6II
2021-1-6
Use props
Luca Colombo
lvl.1
Italy

I subscribe. Please ASAP.
2021-1-12
Use props
neon stian
New
United States

Need R5 Support!
2021-1-13
Use props
Dmitryphoto
lvl.1
United States

Hey everyone! I just went to DJI website and left a support request. The more people will do it, the faster we will the this update!
https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility?product=ronin-s
2021-1-19
Use props
thejeremyricci
lvl.1

United States

Dmitryphoto Posted at 1-19 12:24
Hey everyone! I just went to DJI website and left a support request. The more people will do it, the faster we will the this update!
https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility?product=ronin-s

While I'd love to believe that's true, I fear it won't help. The only way to gather momentum for this is to put them out in a negative light publicly.

All of the ground work for this support has already been laid for the Ronin RS2, which means they're intentionally withholding the support to push users to new hardware, rather than support legacy devices.

If you want action, asking nicely isn't the way to do it. You have to be just as malicious as these corporations are, and make it known publicly that they plan obsolecense into their devices to force users to upgrade to new hardware.
2021-1-22
Use props
djiuser_tRAoQbFoTjpp
New

Canada

Yes please DJI!! There a ton of us using the ronin s with our r5 and r6 cameras!! (NOTE: I am currently able to start and stop recording using the IR cable, it’s not as pretty or convenient as the usbc cable bought, but it works for now)
2021-1-23
Use props
Dmitryphoto
lvl.1
United States

thejeremyricci Posted at 1-22 12:17
While I'd love to believe that's true, I fear it won't help. The only way to gather momentum for this is to put them out in a negative light publicly.

All of the ground work for this support has already been laid for the Ronin RS2, which means they're intentionally withholding the support to push users to new hardware, rather than support legacy devices.

You're right about publicity... However I got a call from customer service directly from China and they confirmed to me that the request to the technical team has been sent. Fingers crossed!
2021-1-26
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules