2185 10 2020-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Spikemixture
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49918 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

Who has tested the Ultra brightness and High brightness next to each other in the sun?

If anyone has would you recommend the ultra over the high for the extra few hundred dollars?

cheers

2020-8-10
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

Before wasting... I mean... spending money on a CrystalSky monitor, do yourself a favor and read the reviews and comments about it... DJI support is total garbage.
2020-8-10
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

2020-8-10
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

lannes Posted at 8-10 07:12
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxuwP35MhTc

Cool comparison
2020-8-13
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

The Ultra Brightness one had major issues with failures. The best Crystal Sky in my humble opinion was the 5.5 inch model and it is the cheapest. To be fair, the Crystal Sky was a great Monitor, just really lousy customer support by DJI,

Now with Litchi and Dronelink getting into the act, it keeps the thing going nicely.  Autel Evo will also work with the Crystal Sky. I have that also and it flies well on the Crystal Sky thanks to Autels software and programs like APKPure.
2020-8-14
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

jazzyjeff Posted at 8-14 09:24
The Ultra Brightness one had major issues with failures. The best Crystal Sky in my humble opinion was the 5.5 inch model and it is the cheapest. To be fair, the Crystal Sky was a great Monitor, just really lousy customer support by DJI,

Now with Litchi and Dronelink getting into the act, it keeps the thing going nicely.  Autel Evo will also work with the Crystal Sky. I have that also and it flies well on the Crystal Sky thanks to Autels software and programs like APKPure.

As long as you don't "upgrade" the firmware to v3... the commie controlled version to limit what can be run on it even further...
2020-8-30
Use props
Spikemixture
lvl.3
  • >>>
Philippines

mAIRs Posted at 8-30 01:35
As long as you don't "upgrade" the firmware to v3... the commie controlled version to limit what can be run on it even further...

More information please.
2020-8-31
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

Spikemixture Posted at 8-31 07:44
More information please.

Reading the reviews by the poor flyers who were suckered into updating the firmware to v3, the consensus is that a lot of APKs which installed do not install anymore, stability has gone to sht, the device heats up more before the fan kicks in... and you CANT ROLL BACK TO V2!!!

I wouldn't risk it as it seems like a attempt to shorten the life of the CS and make it dissapear... hence eliminating the complaints about the ( lack of ) DJI support onslaught which is costing DJI a lot of business...

Personally I will never install any "upgrades" on my DJI gear and I will never spend another $ on any DJI equipment ever again...
As it is my unit is "workable" with the old firmware and I'm not going to be risking it with that malware that incompetent mob is putting out.
2020-9-1
Use props
Spikemixture
lvl.3
  • >>>
Philippines

mAIRs Posted at 9-1 18:05
Reading the reviews by the poor flyers who were suckered into updating the firmware to v3, the consensus is that a lot of APKs which installed do not install anymore, stability has gone to sht, the device heats up more before the fan kicks in... and you CANT ROLL BACK TO V2!!!

I wouldn't risk it as it seems like a attempt to shorten the life of the CS and make it dissapear... hence eliminating the complaints about the ( lack of ) DJI support onslaught which is costing DJI a lot of business...

mAirs,

Which CS do you own?
2020-9-1
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

Spikemixture Posted at 9-1 18:40
mAirs,

Which CS do you own?

I have the high bright 7.8" model
2020-9-1
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I love my CS 7.85 Ultra.  At 2000 nits it is bright and easy to see even with the sun over my head.  I used it with my Mavic Pro since Dec 2017.  My mistake was upgrading my drone to DJI Air 2S, the DJI Fly app uses Android 6.0.  The CS only goes up to 5.1.1, so I sent the drone and CS to my sister.
2021-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules