Controller dying instantly (not from phone charging)
444 3 2020-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Absolutezroo
New
Flight distance : 38573 ft
United States

My Mavic mini controller will show full charge with button push. It IS in fact fully charged, but drains completely and shuts off within 2-3mins of flying. I am using a fully charged iphone and have all the latest firmware according to DJI assistant. After it "dies" if I let it sit untouched for a few minutes, it will then show near full charge again but dies instantly upon use. Has anyone else had the same issue? I barely have 20 flights on this drone and it's incredibly frustrating.

Regards,
Scott

2020-8-10
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I would use the warranty , this is not normal
2020-8-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Scott. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your DJI Mavic Mini's remote controller and thank you for reaching out. Since this issue is happening on the said remote controller. I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. Just a reminder that  DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the said DJI product to avoid further damaging the said unit. We hope to hear from you soon and looking forward to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Thank for your support.
2020-8-10
Use props
IrishStones
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75610 ft
Italy

Hi Scott, I have the same issue, the controller dies instantly during a flight. My Mavic Mini had to make an automatic RTH twice because it lost connection with the controller.
DJI said it had never been reported before, but it seems they lied.
My drone is few weeks old, and the issue appeared after only 2 weeks from the unboxing.
I had to send my controller for assistance at my expenses because they didn't cover the express courier. And so far I have no news of my controller.
I am very disappointed by the poor quality of DJI equipment and the very low level of after sales assistance.
My mission from now on will be to warn as many people as possible about the disappointing experience with this expensive toy.
Best of luck!
2020-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules