Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Care refresh can it be transferred to a drone's second owner?
8287 10 2020-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A simple question, if a drone with care fresh is sold can that care refresh be transferred to the new owner?

Likewise warranty?

If relevant my query concerns drones within the UK.

Please note I am NOT asking about one owner transferring care refresh from one of their drones to another.
Thank you.

2020-8-10
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ah I have just seen the answer for the warranty question, post 2, by DJI Gamora, in https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D575%26typeid%3D575      

"However, the warranty will still remain on the original email address that has been used to activate the unit."
2020-8-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Sean, the DJI Care Refresh is bound to the serial number of the drone, no need to transfer to the new owner, but please forward the service agreement and the proof of purchase to the new owner.
2020-8-10
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thank you Mindy
2020-8-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

You are welcome, please keep us updated if you have any further concerns.
2020-8-11
Use props
LasloG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 122228 ft
Hungary

DJI Mindy Posted at 2020-8-11 02:53
You are welcome, please keep us updated if you have any further concerns.

Ok, so what about this scenario?
I bought a used drone with DJI Care activated on it.
The previous owner had unbound his account, so I was able to bind mine, fine.
The DJI Care is also active - since it has been connected to the drone by its serial number.

But because the previous owner has bought the DJI Care, he can always remove it later  /even when the drone has already been bound to my account/ and even sell the DJI Care service to others?
Or the DJI Care could only be ativated on such devices which are bound to his account?
2023-12-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

LasloG Posted at 12-25 04:33
Ok, so what about this scenario?
I bought a used drone with DJI Care activated on it.
The previous owner had unbound his account, so I was able to bind mine, fine.

Hello, there. The DJI Care Refresh is registered with the SN of the device. Thus, DJI Care moves with the device.
However, to make sure that your aircraft can use the flyaway replacement service, the DJI account needs to be bound with the aircaft, and the remote controller bound with the aircraft.

· Binding an aircraft with an DJI account means the owner of the account has ownership of the aircraft.
· Binding the aircraft with the remote controller records the linking relationship between the aircraft and the remote controller.

If a flyaway occurs, only the owner of the bound account can apply for the flyaway replacement service and produce the flyaway report with the bound remote controller to mark the aircraft as a flyaway.

If the original owner has unbound the account and your account is bound to the device, you are eligible to apply for the flyaway replacement services.

DJI Care Refresh services itself is on the aircraft.
2023-12-25
Use props
LasloG
lvl.1
Hungary

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-25 06:14
Hello, there. The DJI Care Refresh is registered with the SN of the device. Thus, DJI Care moves with the device.
However, to make sure that your aircraft can use the flyaway replacement service, the DJI account needs to be bound with the aircaft, and the remote controller bound with the aircraft.

Thanks for clarification on Flyaway replacements, however, my question was regarding on a different aspect.

I'll try to ask it differently.
Let's supposte that Previous Owner (P.) buys a drone and later buys DJI Care, and activates it on the drone. After some time, sells the drone to the New Owner (N.).
P. unbinds it, and N. binds it.

Since there is significant time (1.5 years) left from the DJI Care, can P.  sells that DJI Care to a Third person. Let's suppose that P. asks the support team at djicare@dji.com to unactivate on his previous drone and providing them the 3rd person new drone's serial number to activate it on that drone.
Is it possible?

I read in the forum from a DJI admin that users can ask for moving DJI Care from one drone to an other (from the same model type) through the support team of DJI Care. In that topic the reason was Replacement by the seller (motor and camera problems), but could one just ask the support for deactivating DJI Care on his drone what has been sold, and move it to a new one what belongs to a 3rd person? Regardless whose account is logged in / bound to.

Or you can imageine a scenario, that you have a quite long DJI Care subscription left, you sell your drone, but you don't want to "give" DJI Care for free, the new buyer doesn't need it. Your friend buys a new drone from the same model, and you want to gift them your Care subscription by attaching it to a different serial number...

Is it possible?
2023-12-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

LasloG Posted at 12-25 08:31
Thanks for clarification on Flyaway replacements, however, my question was regarding on a different aspect.

I'll try to ask it differently.

The scenarios you mentioned are not supported.

First of all, the DJI Care Refresh is bound to the drone but not the user. Therefore, if the P. sold the drone and unbound the drone from his account, he will not have access to unbind the DJI Care Refresh again.

The P. can not request transferring the DJI Care Refresh from the original drone to a new drone in this situation, as legitimated replacement proof is required.

The P. can not ask for a refund of the DJI Care Refresh either, as legitimated return proof is required.

Hope this is informative for you.
2023-12-26
Use props
LasloG
lvl.1
Hungary

DJI Susan Posted at 12-26 20:27
The scenarios you mentioned are not supported.

First of all, the DJI Care Refresh is bound to the drone but not the user. Therefore, if the P. sold the drone and unbound the drone from his account, he will not have access to unbind the DJI Care Refresh again.

Thanks, it is clear now.
Does the new owner need to have the original document about the DJI Care? Or the fact is enough that it's active by serial number?
2023-12-27
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

LasloG Posted at 12-27 04:49
Thanks, it is clear now.
Does the new owner need to have the original document about the DJI Care? Or the fact is enough that it's active by serial number?

The DJI Care Refresh is registered on the aircraft. With the Serial Number on the aircraft, you can know the status of the DJI Care Refresh service.
Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/device/search?re=US&lang=en
2023-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules