Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse95dcc4c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 80971 ft
United States

8/9/20             Inspire Signal loss & subsequent crash
Aircraft:           Inspire 2
Controller:       Cendence-two prior flights (brand new-full charge battary)
Monitor:          CrystalSky Ultra 7.85” (purchased 2 months ago with several flights with Mavic Pro) Fully charged battery.
Batteries:        Brand new (full charge)
Crash Incident:
At approximately. 1930 hrs.  I flew one flight on newly charged batteries.  Flight was approximately 8-10 minutes.  I landed and took off.  I flew approximately 25 yards at approximately 15-18’ in height over a metal roof canopy.  Brought the aircraft to approximately. 20 ft and it then descended without any control.  It went to a hover approximately.  3-4 ft above the roof.  Rear light was flashing yellow rapidly.  I had no control response. The control sticks had no action, return to home did not work, pause had no effect.
I moved myself and controller withing approximately 15 yards with no change.  I then purposely change the angle of the patch antenna to various angled position with still no response.  I raised the controller above my head.  I moved myself / controller both right and left approximately 15’.  I tried “return to home” with no response.  I tried pause button several times with no response.  The rear continued to flash yellow rapidly.
After approximately 10 minutes the aircraft dropped to the roof and slid down the roof to the edge.  As it slid off the roof, two blades were broken while hitting a rot-iron fence below the roof line.  It came to rest on the ground (cement).
I suspect it only descended due to a dead battery.  The CrystalSky maintained a full screen picture but not sure if it was just a frozen screen.  It never did a return to home when the batteries were low.  I had NO control over the aircraft.
Aircraft Damage:
1.     Dent to top of aircraft front nose area.
2.     Two broken props.
3.     Dent to nose of aircraft.
Best Guess of crash cause:
I believe I lost connection between the aircraft and the Cendence Controller.  I have no idea of why.  I know I had plenty of battery life available.  I had fly command from the controller.  It was never more that 25-30 yards from myself with the controller.  I tried all possible control commands to gain control of the aircraft with no response.  I had no control, the aircraft would not respond to any commands!!
My first flight before this was without any problems.
Weather conditions:
1.     Approximately 95 degrees.
2.     Zero wind.
3.     Clear skies.

2020-8-10
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Only flight data analysis may give you the answer or clue(s). Anything else will be just pointless speculation ...
2020-8-10
Use props
fanse95dcc4c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 80971 ft
United States

Is that something that I can pull up?  If it is, where would I find that?  Thank you for the help.
DISREGARD, I LOCATED A ARTICLE THAT EXPLAINS.  THANK YOU  Not going to fly until I get a double USB cord to plug into the Inspire 2 and download the information.  Hopefully, it will give me some answers.  Thank you again.
2020-8-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry to know about this unfortunate incident with your DJI Inspire 2. With regards to this concern. Kindly please contact our DJI support team to further diagnose, analyse and repair the DJI Inspire 2. Rest assured that our DJI support will do their best to assists you regarding this matter. Please note that the repair cost will depend on the warranty period of the said drone; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank you.
2020-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules