Waterproof Case is NOT waterproof!
921 9 2020-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
siliconknight
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5256 ft
Canada

Just a heads up I was using the water proof case for just the 2nd time. Screwed the ring tight and had a desiccant strip in there. Water was shallow only about 1ft and guess what? It leaked and broke my Osmo Pocket.

DONT BUY THE WATER PROOF CASE. OF YOU WANT A WATER PROOF CAMERA BUY A GOPRO!!

I just had problems with my Mavic and now this honestly I don’t know what’s going on with DJI.
A9BEA3BA-0609-47E2-A73A-D7CB9AEAA371.jpeg
2020-8-10
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

This might be a stupid question but if you fill it with water can you see the source of the leak?
2020-8-10
Use props
siliconknight
lvl.1
Canada

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 8-10 10:37
This might be a stupid question but if you fill it with water can you see the source of the leak?

Seems to be weeping from the threads irregardless of how tight I screw it on. It’s like it’s not properly lining up.
2020-8-10
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

siliconknight Posted at 8-10 10:43
Seems to be weeping from the threads irregardless of how tight I screw it on. It’s like it’s not properly lining up.

If the threads look rough You could try some silicon grease on the threads to seal them.  Other than that I don't know what to suggest.  Sounds like they need to use a stronger plastic or better gasket arrangement. Sorry to hear of your problems. I think you are the second person in as many weeks.
Ray.
2020-8-10
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

"DONT BUY THE WATERPROOF CASE. OF YOU WANT A WATERPROOF CAMERA BUY A GOPRO!!"
That has always been my thinking. Either a GoPro or Osmo Action. Personally, I would go with the latter.
2020-8-10
Use props
Mohinder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 920489 ft
Ireland

I'm using Water Proof Case without any issues.
2020-8-11
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing
2020-8-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. May I know where the waterproof case was purchased please? For the DJI Osmo Pocket kindly please contact our DJI support team to further assists you regarding this matter. Again, I am sorry for the trouble. Thank you.
2020-8-12
Use props
siliconknight
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-12 06:13
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. May I know where the waterproof case was purchased please? For the DJI Osmo Pocket kindly please contact our DJI support team to further assists you regarding this matter. Again, I am sorry for the trouble. Thank you.

Was purchased directly from DJI on (2019-12-26).  The Osmo Pocket was purchased last August from Apple.

I don't see any value in trying to get it fixed, it's going to be a complete replacement.
2020-8-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the warning!
2020-10-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now