682 11 2020-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Woobisah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1702457 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm not shocked as it is a digital zoom, but it is worse than I imagined it would be.  Only tried 4k @ 2X.  I imagine it can be used perfectly for inspections but for cinematic video.. nope.
2020-8-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It depends if you’re trying to use it in a 4k platform yes it’s obviously not going to match, but if you’re downgrading for social media or just 1080p then it’s not awful. In fact it’s pretty good match 2x times 4k zoom to 1080p and perfect for social media, but pro work get a pro drone.
2020-8-10
Use props
Akirasho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1622238 ft
United States

$800 USD drone originally market without zoom now has the feature (up to 4 times in different resolutions and frame rates and manually adjustable on screen)...  awful.  I doubt  that any future firmware updates could address issues with a digital zoom.
2020-8-10
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

Akirasho Posted at 8-10 18:10
$800 USD drone originally market without zoom now has the feature (up to 4 times in different resolutions and frame rates and manually adjustable on screen)...  awful.  I doubt  that any future firmware updates could address issues with a digital zoom.

Just as I doubt any Mavic 2 Zoom user ever bothers with the digital zoom they have in addition to the optical zoom.

I can see the usefulness of this for inspections, search/rescue applications, but not for cinematic.

Personally, I might use it for spotting wildlife.
2020-8-10
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

We're not all cinematographers here...and I don't know how many of you actually make any money or market any of your vids.  I'm sure many of you cinematographers have a lot of personal satisfaction of a job well done and more power to you. As a hobbyist photographer and home video person who occasionally bores family and friends with a half hour trip presentation, I can tell you the recent addition of zoom is great.  I have already done a test and 4K Zoom 30fps is best for me.  At 2X the video is still sharp and clear for my standards.  1080 Zoom is not as clear and sharp at 2X and you definitely see major deterioration of quality and sharpness in 3X and 4X.  It would be nice to have 4K up to 4X!!!
2020-8-10
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>
United States

Actually i had the mavic 2 zoom....and while yes the optical part of the zoom is better the 1080p 4x rivals the mavic pro zoom.....i was actually very surprised!
2020-8-10
Use props
Mr. Motta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 221906 ft
United States

Its digital zoom. Useless in all cameras.
2020-8-10
Use props
Akirasho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1622238 ft
United States

I guess I'm a glass half full person.  I enjoy "quality" photography but also bearing "witness".  I've got an "awful" digi image of a B-52 and a B-1 orbiting where they had no  obvious reason to be.
2020-8-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Better than not having it....
2020-8-11
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Reality is often different to imagination. The fact there is any zoom capability on this £769 drone is excellent.
2020-8-11
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United Kingdom

Some people are just never satisfied and enjoy complaining!
2020-8-11
Use props
spetersen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501952 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

There are so many whiners out there on every social media platform, If you want the best pay the premium price $2K and upwards, If you Pay with peanuts and then you have to expect monkey's be happy for what you got.
2020-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules