is it worth getting the mobile 3 with an android phone?
714 6 2020-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_DxN9oIxXFlr4
lvl.3
Flight distance : 363661 ft
United States

I think I'd mainly just being using the gimbal to stablize the shot. I don't think I'll ever need active track or hand gestures. Being able to zoom in/out would be useful. Definitely need to be able to record in either 1080 60fps or 4k 60fps (which my phone can do, note 10+)

From what I've read, the dji app for the osmo mobile3 is pretty crappy under android. And I'm not going to go out and buy an iphone. So just wondering if it's still usable for the basic functions if I use the native camera app (or a 3rd party app), or if i should look at something else. I looked at a competitor, zhiyun-tech, but apparently their android mobile app is even worse then dji's. Not sure what else to look at, or if i should give the osmo a try and just ditch their app.
2020-8-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Depends what you want to use it for,  just stabilised video then you can use any app you like,  if you want to hyperlapse etc then you are limited to the mimo app.
2020-8-11
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Zoom is buggy on android and I don’t think they offer 4K 60fos on any of the Samsung devices but best to double check
2020-8-11
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Here’s the phone capatability list https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ibility_List_en.pdf
2020-8-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this query. I hope that our valued DJI members can provide you the best recommendation for this inquiry. To fully utilize the features of the DJI Osmo Mobile 3, please use the recommended mobile device from the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 recommended mobile devices list. For the list of compatible Android mobile devices, please refer to the link posted by AlanHd at post #4. Thank you.
2020-8-12
Use props
Epinephrin90
lvl.1
Germany

I have the huawei p30 pro and I like it.
2020-8-26
Use props
Cavu Films
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had an Android with my OSMO Mobile 2 and swapped it out for an iPhone since not all the functions worked with the Android platform. Now its an amazing setup.
2020-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules