Update failure
594 10 2020-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84423 ft
Spain

Hi all. I am trying to update the drone but the process does not go beyond 54%. I have tried with DJI Assistant for the MA2 but when it reaches 95% it gives a failure. I have also tried from Android and as in IOS it does not exceed 54%. Batteries charged and waiting for more than 30 min. no changes, no power updates. Any suggestions or help please.

2020-8-11
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wish I could help my friend, I haven't received my MA2 yet so new territory for me.  My appologies for that. I would imagine it would be the same troubleshooting steps as if it were a mavic mini though when it comes to firmware updates.
2020-8-11
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Spain

JodyB Publicado en 8-11 08:35
Deseo poder ayudar a mi amigo, no he recibido mi MA2 todavía tan nuevo territorio para mí. Mis disculpas por eso. Me imagino que serían los mismos pasos de solución de problemas como si fuera un mavic mini aunque cuando se trata de actualizaciones de firmware.

There is no better feeling than receiving the affectionate greeting of a friend. JodyB, I hope you're okay, you and the family.
I just contacted DJI technical support and sent them my unit for warranty repair, from what you can see is a component internal software failure. I hope everything is resolved quickly and easily.
A very affectionate hug from Madrid, Spain. I am delighted to be able to greet you, again here you have a friend for what you need when you need it.
2020-8-11
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

JM.REYES Posted at 8-11 09:26
JodyB Publicado en 8-11 08:35
Deseo poder ayudar a mi amigo, no he recibido mi MA2 todavía tan nuevo territorio para mí. Mis disculpas por eso. Me imagino que serían los mismos pasos de solución de problemas como si fuera un mavic mini aunque cuando se trata de actualizaciones de firmware.
There is no better feeling than receiving the affectionate greeting of a friend. JodyB, I hope you're okay, you and the family.

Thank you JM.REYES, that is very much appreciated. I hold you in the same regard with the greetings and will help you all I can with anything you need. I'm anxious to receive my MA2. I just ordered it today and it is supposed to arrive tomorrow. I did get the fly more combo so a lot of time charging batteries is expected, followed by updates. I am quite certain that it will be a lot of fun!! I do hope yours gets sorted as quickly as it can so you can enjoy it as well!!
2020-8-11
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Spain

JodyB Posted at 8-11 09:41
Thank you JM.REYES, that is very much appreciated. I hold you in the same regard with the greetings and will help you all I can with anything you need. I'm anxious to receive my MA2. I just ordered it today and it is supposed to arrive tomorrow. I did get the fly more combo so a lot of time charging batteries is expected, followed by updates. I am quite certain that it will be a lot of fun!! I do hope yours gets sorted as quickly as it can so you can enjoy it as well!!

You will enjoy them like a child, you will see. I suppose you already know it, but the first battery charge, do it ONE BY ONE, do not use the triple charger base and you do not want to have problems.
2020-8-11
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

JM.REYES Posted at 8-11 09:44
You will enjoy them like a child, you will see. I suppose you already know it, but the first battery charge, do it ONE BY ONE, do not use the triple charger base and you do not want to have problems.

I have read about that. I believe that to be flawed as when I got my mavic mini, I used the charging hub to charge them. But unfortunately, I can't fix that issue so individual battery charging it is, LOL!!
2020-8-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Kindly please try to reinstall the DJI Assistant 2 and please try again to update the firmware. If issue still persists, please remove the SD card from the drone and try a different computer to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance, Thank you.
2020-8-12
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Spain

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-12 07:02
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Kindly please try to reinstall the DJI Assistant 2 and please try again to update the firmware. If issue still persists, please remove the SD card from the drone and try a different computer to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance, Thank you.

Thank you DJI Palafin for your interest. I've already done all those steps by following the instructions through DJI online chat. We have not achieved anything, the problem persists. I have requested the collection of the equipment to send it to the DJI technical service, but they do not send me the label for the transport company. DJI Paladin, could you help me with this case? CAS-4802600-P0J2Y6
2020-8-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

JM.REYES Posted at 8-12 07:13
Thank you DJI Palafin for your interest. I've already done all those steps by following the instructions through DJI online chat. We have not achieved anything, the problem persists. I have requested the collection of the equipment to send it to the DJI technical service, but they do not send me the label for the transport company. DJI Paladin, could you help me with this case? CAS-4802600-P0J2Y6

Hi, JM. We already sent the UPS Shipping Label to your email. Kindly double-check it or check it also in your spam folder. Please let us know if you still don't receive it.
2020-8-12
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Spain

DJI Diana Posted at 8-12 08:00
Hi, JM. We already sent the UPS Shipping Label to your email. Kindly double-check it or check it also in your spam folder. Please let us know if you still don't receive it.

Thanks for the quick response and attention.
I inform you that I HAVE NOT RECEIVED THE LABEL, I have carefully looked at my inbox, the SPAM tray, even deleted items, in case I had made the mistake of accidentally deleting it, but THERE IS NO EMAIL with the desired content.
I repeat my email in case there were any errors:
reyjes17@gmail.com
2020-8-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

JM.REYES Posted at 8-12 10:18
Thanks for the quick response and attention.
I inform you that I HAVE NOT RECEIVED THE LABEL, I have carefully looked at my inbox, the SPAM tray, even deleted items, in case I had made the mistake of accidentally deleting it, but THERE IS NO EMAIL with the desired content.
I repeat my email in case there were any errors:

You're welcome and thanks for confirming, JM. We will request for the new shipping label to be sent to your email address. It should reflect to your email soon, so kindly check it from time to time. Should you have further concerns, please let us know.
2020-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules