Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Bypass objects has to be re-enabled
2337 16 2020-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zakkorn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 669442 ft
Greece

I found a Bug today, under the latest firmware (.340)
In the previous firmware when someone switched Normal to Tripod and back and had the APAS on, it remained on.
Now in the .340 they have disable the APAS on Tripod mode, thus when you switch to Tripod, it will use only Hover mode. But when you switch back to Normal, it stays in the hover mode. So you have to manually re-enable the Bypass mode.

Its not big of a Bug, but still is a little annoying.
2020-8-11
Use props
tedesco
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47477 ft
Germany

You could enable it again by tapping the new green/white symbol on left screen side. When it is green BYPASS is on again. BUT: It sets Disable Sideways Flight to ON! To set that back to allow sideways flight you need to open the menu. I like to control the MA2 on every axis. Because it is a drone and not a plane... To me this is a bug or oversight?
2020-8-11
Use props
Zakkorn
lvl.4
Greece

tedesco Posted at 8-11 11:24
You could enable it again by tapping the new green/white symbol on left screen side. When it is green BYPASS is on again. BUT: It sets Disable Sideways Flight to ON! To me this is a bug...

From the moment is not saving the bypass option to use it again when switch back is bug anyway.
Thats why I said you have to do it again manually.
2020-8-11
Use props
Pappy3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

I'm confused as you're using APAS and hover which are mutually exclusive. You could never enable APAS in tripod mode, only in Normal flight mode. And the only place I have seen "Hover" is int the "Signal Lost" settings.
2020-8-11
Use props
Zakkorn
lvl.4
Greece

Pappy3 Posted at 8-11 12:27
I'm confused as you're using APAS and hover which are mutually exclusive. You could never enable APAS in tripod mode, only in Normal flight mode. And the only place I have seen "Hover" is int the "Signal Lost" settings.
When I say APAS I mean the object avoidance. That is APAS about anyway. And when I say Hover, I mean it stops and doesn’t move, it just hovers. What did confuse you so much? These are the 2 options when detects objects in its path.
2020-8-11
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Zakkorn Posted at 8-11 12:33
When I say APAS I mean the object avoidance. That is APAS about anyway. And when I say Hover, I mean it stops and doesn’t move, it just hovers. What did confuse you so much? These are the 2 options when detects objects in its path.

I think "Brake" is the term the app uses.  Bypass, Brake or Off...thanks for the info,though...definitely seems like a bug.  I, personally, would like the default to be Bypass.
2020-8-11
Use props
Zakkorn
lvl.4
Greece

Rustic17 Posted at 8-11 13:19
I think "Brake" is the term the app uses.  Bypass, Brake or Off

Ok I remember it wrong.
But the result is stopping and hovering in front of the object.
Anyway that's not what the tread is about.
2020-8-11
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Zakkorn Posted at 8-11 13:21
Ok I remember it wrong.
But the result is stopping and hovering in front of the object.
Anyway that's not what the tread is about.

Yeah...I went back and edited my post to agree with you....bug.
2020-8-11
Use props
Zakkorn
lvl.4
Greece

Rustic17 Posted at 8-11 13:23
Yeah...I went back and edited my post to agree with you....bug.

I hope that they will correct it.
Its one of those annoying things that weren't there and the "bam" with the new firmware appear out of nowwhere to make your life just a tiny bit more miserable.
I am write those things to trigger DJI's attention.
2020-8-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this matter. I will forward this thread and concern to our designated DJI support team for further attention. Thank you.
2020-8-12
Use props
Zakkorn
lvl.4
Greece

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-12 07:15
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this matter. I will forward this thread and concern to our designated DJI support team for further attention. Thank you.

That will be great.
Thank you for your help.
2020-8-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Zakkorn Posted at 8-12 07:52
That will be great.
Thank you for your help.

You are more than welcome and thank you for your valued support.
2020-8-13
Use props
Ender51
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24094 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-13 13:18
You are more than welcome and thank you for your valued support.

There are in reality a couple of bugs:

1. The primary one is as stated above switching from "normal in "bypass" mode to "tripod" and back to "normal" loses the "bypass" setting, I assume this is because "tripod" doesn't support "bypass".  However if I switch to "sport" from "normal and back to "normal" the drone doesn't lose the "bypass" setting even though "sport" doesn't support "bypass" mode

2. The bypass/brake/off icon function, that is pressing the icon to change modes is not at all consistent.

Tripod - if you are in "off" mode" pressing the icon switches the drone to "brake" mode, once in "brake" mode pressing the icon has no effect.

Normal - if you are in "bypass" mode pressing the icon switches the drone to "brake" mode, pressing the icon again switches the drone to "bypass" safe mode (no side to side movement), you can then toggle between "brake" and "bypass" safe mode, but not "bypass" mode.  One other point, if you are in "off" mode pressing the icon switches to "bypass" safe mode and then you can only toggle between "brake" and "bypass" safe mode.

The ability to change modes using the icon is a great feature, but at present is not very useful due to its current behavior/limitations.
2020-8-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Ender51 Posted at 8-15 08:43
There are in reality a couple of bugs:

1. The primary one is as stated above switching from "normal in "bypass" mode to "tripod" and back to "normal" loses the "bypass" setting, I assume this is because "tripod" doesn't support "bypass".  However if I switch to "sport" from "normal and back to "normal" the drone doesn't lose the "bypass" setting even though "sport" doesn't support "bypass" mode

Hi. Thank you for sharing your insights regarding this feature. With regards to this matter. I have forwarded this recommendation to our designated DJI support team for further attention and evaluation. Thank you.
2020-8-21
Use props
fans2502b0ec
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-21 14:10
Hi. Thank you for sharing your insights regarding this feature. With regards to this matter. I have forwarded this recommendation to our designated DJI support team for further attention and evaluation. Thank you.

The APAS Bypass works perfectly in Tripod mode, going around any obstacle exactly as it does in Normal mode.  It’s then switched to Brake only when switched out of Tripod mode to Normal and then back again to Tripod during flight or on the ground.  If I power off the aircraft and power it on again, with the controller is still set to Tripod mode, the BYPASS if turned back on.

Perhaps DJI might have a look at a firmware update that allows APAS to fully function in Normal or Tripod modes, that seems feasible to me for DJI to accomplish.  If it’s not, it's a really big negative on the Mavic Air 2 for me.
2020-11-19
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

Thanks for the information on the APAS.  I had noticed this until it was mentioned and fans2502b0ec commented today as the post was old.  Does anyone know if it is still occurring in Mavic Air 2 firmware v01.00.0460 with RC firmware v02.00.110.  I will try to test it in the next day or two if possible.
2020-11-19
Use props
fans2502b0ec
lvl.1

United States

fans2502b0ec Posted at 11-19 13:37
The APAS Bypass works perfectly in Tripod mode, going around any obstacle exactly as it does in Normal mode.  It’s then switched to Brake only when switched out of Tripod mode to Normal and then back again to Tripod during flight or on the ground.  If I power off the aircraft and power it on again, with the controller is still set to Tripod mode, the BYPASS if turned back on.

Perhaps DJI might have a look at a firmware update that allows APAS to fully function in Normal or Tripod modes, that seems feasible to me for DJI to accomplish.  If it’s not, it's a really big negative on the Mavic Air 2 for me.

Thanks DJI Paladin and also JohnLietzke for your input.  I had contacted DJI North America about the issue a couple of weeks ago and they had me send it to the service center in CA for repair.  After they received it, they tested everything and said there were no issues found, and that APAS was not at all available in Tripod, and I questioned why they had me send it in if the issue didn't actually point to a fault.  I just got my Air2 back yesterday, and after calibrating everything and double checking all settings in the menu in the FLY app, I took it out for a test.  True, if you power on the drone with the controller set to anything other than tripod mode and then switch the controller to tripod, only option is BRAKE or OFF.  However, if you power on the drone with your controller set to Tripod, APAS if fully functional.  You can engage or disable sideways flight in the menu, you can switch from Bypass to Brake to Off and then back again to either of the two previous settings, and APAS fully functions as it does in Normal mode.  I tested it forwards and backwards, and it works perfectly.  But, the moment you switch out of Tripod to either Normal or Sport mode, APAS Bypass is no longer available for Tripod and the only option is then Brake or Off.  If I leave the controller powered on and switched to Tripod mode, land the aircraft and restart it, APAS is turned back on and again, fully functional in Tripod mode.  Switch out of Tripod and Bypass is turned off again.  I double checked to make sure I have the latest firmware, and it's up to date.  In my opinion, dear DJI, it's definitely a bug with the current firmware.?.

I just wanted to respond back and thank you both and let's hope that soon DJI will seriously take a look into this.
Stuart Roper
2020-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules