One of the motors doesn't move freely.
871 11 2020-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FalconFlare
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18284 ft
United States

Just got my Mavic Mini today, charged everything, and when i was trying it for the first time one of the motors (front, right) doesn't move. Even if i try to spin it with my hand it doesn't move freely like the others. This doesn't let me take off since it says something is blocking the motor.
I am new into this, i don't know what to do
2020-8-11
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Was the package sealed ? Could be a faulty unit.

I don't advise you try to run it anyways (for example dusting it and lubricating) as the affected motor could overheat and cause seizures mid-flight. I think you should return the product.
2020-8-11
Use props
FalconFlare
lvl.1
United States

m80116 Posted at 8-11 12:07
Was the package sealed ? Could be a faulty unit.

I don't advise you try to run it anyways (for example dusting it and lubricating) as the affected motor could overheat and cause seizures mid-flight. I think you should return the product.

Yes, it was sealed, bought it from Apple. I already contacted support and i will be sending it to DJI so they can evaluate it.
2020-8-11
Use props
ESchimidt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 310879 ft
Brazil

Damn! Bad luck.
2020-8-11
Use props
FalconFlare
lvl.1
United States

Yeah, but as long i get it fixed i will be fine. But i was so hyped today to fly it and this happens
Already packaged it, will be sending it tomorrow through UPS.
2020-8-11
Use props
XXXXDronerXXXXX
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

crashed it
2020-8-11
Use props
FalconFlare
lvl.1
United States

It's funny haha, i wasn't even able to use it first time.
2020-8-11
Use props
ESchimidt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 310879 ft
Brazil

FalconFlare Posted at 8-11 14:18
Yeah, but as long i get it fixed i will be fine. But i was so hyped today to fly it and this happens
Already packaged it, will be sending it tomorrow through UPS.

I would feel the same
2020-8-11
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

Sorry you got a bad egg there. Let apple know so they can replace your unit. Strange they do not test this stuff before it gets sealed up.
2020-8-11
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Guorium Posted at 8-11 17:18
Sorry you got a bad egg there. Let apple know so they can replace your unit. Strange they do not test this stuff before it gets sealed up.

I used to work as a corporate test engineer. The bosses always reminded me that testing was a non-value-added operation. I sometimes reminded them that management was also non-value-added even more so ;-)
2020-8-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there FalconFlare. I am sorry to know that you are having this issue with your DJI Mavic Mini and it is good to know that you have already contacted our DJI support team with regards to this matter. Rest assured that our DJI support team will do there best to give this the proper resolution. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.
2020-8-11
Use props
Footsoup
lvl.1
Flight distance : 702 ft
United States

Wow. I have the same exact issue. Took it out of the box, and have a sticky right front motor!!!
2022-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules