MP4 video file won’t play
25778 23 2020-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MM_fly
lvl.4
Flight distance : 498399 ft
United Kingdom

I can’t from a flight a few days so,  and just removed my SD. Put it in my card reader, could see the photos and videos but the largest video file, the one I wanted, just had a pic of “MP4” showing, and not a thumbnail. It was 1.5Gb.

Copied and tried to play it but it wouldn’t work. Disappointed as this was the main file I wanted from that flight. Is there anything I can do, before I format the SD in case of any problems? Normally all ok with videos.

Thanks
2020-8-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. May I know the model of the SD card you are using please? As Dirty Bird advised at post # 2 the video may have not been properly saved or ended. Kindly please try a different computer to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-8-12
Use props
MM_fly
lvl.4
Flight distance : 498399 ft
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-12 07:33
Put the card back in the drone & power it on.  This should "close" the file & make it readable.  This typically happens when you power off the drone before ending a recording.

Genius! Worked a treat thanks.

It’s a Samsung Evo plus as recommended by DJI.
2020-8-12
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

You would think that the DJI programmers would close any open file as part of the power down or app close sequence.
2020-8-12
Use props
aviatortom
New

United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2020-8-12 07:33
Put the card back in the drone & power it on.  This should "close" the file & make it readable.  This typically happens when you power off the drone before ending a recording.

Thank you! I had the same problem and your solution worked!
2021-4-18
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

It's a fairly common issue here.  I've only run into it once - when I crashed my Mini and the battery came out when it hit the ground, but the above fix worked for me.  Other than that, I am very good at turning off recording well before I power off the Mini.

2021-4-18
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

K6CCC Posted at 4-18 09:06
It's a fairly common issue here.  I've only run into it once - when I crashed my Mini and the battery came out when it hit the ground, but the above fix worked for me.  Other than that, I am very good at turning off recording well before I power off the Mini.

it has become a habit for me when i have important videos on the card that day.  one of your best videos should not be the last video.  after landing, start recording, wait 5 seconds, stop recording.  at the end of every day, you have a 5 second video at the end of the card.
2021-4-18
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 4-18 10:38
it has become a habit for me when i have important videos on the card that day.  one of your best videos should not be the last video.  after landing, start recording, wait 5 seconds, stop recording.  at the end of every day, you have a 5 second video at the end of the card.

Good habit!
2021-4-18
Use props
imajez
lvl.1
Flight distance : 69570 ft
United Kingdom

Put the card back in the drone & power it on.  This should "close" the file & make it readable.  This typically happens when you power off the drone before ending a recording.

Ta for that suggestion. Worked a treat for me too.
2021-5-2
Use props
imajez
lvl.1
Flight distance : 69570 ft
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 4-18 10:38
it has become a habit for me when i have important videos on the card that day.  one of your best videos should not be the last video.  after landing, start recording, wait 5 seconds, stop recording.  at the end of every day, you have a 5 second video at the end of the card.

Good suggestion. I shall now try and make that a habit for me too.
2021-5-2
Use props
djiuser_2EOZd7jKTW7y
New
Flight distance : 69551 ft
Puerto Rico

I have the same problem but the file was recorded on the smart controller(drone was a mavic 2 zoom). Anyone familiar with this situation?
2021-6-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

marialopezz Posted at 10-18 23:46
Hey!
Let me tell you very clearly, there could be two situations behind the MP4 video file won’t play issue. One is when your video storage media (SD card) is corrupted and another is when your video file is corrupted.
So, first of all, you need to identify what is actually corrupted SD card or video file, and then apply the methods according to your situation.  

Do not do any of this, it is SPAM. The correct response is shown in post #2.
2021-10-19
Use props
stylerod
New

United States

Thank you for this. Fixed me too!
2022-6-1
Use props
Richd54
lvl.1

Isle of Man

Use the usb cable to download direct from the drone to pc. The error only seems to happen when the card is removed from the drone. Had this happen frequently with mine.
2022-6-29
Use props
Serg26
lvl.1
Flight distance : 77211 ft
Canada

Hi guys, I'm in trouble. Got the SD out of the drone, put it in macbook, opened a file to play and it was fine. After I tried another file and suddenly everything disappeared. I still can see the files and the size but it became unreadable. Nothing can fix it. Tried VLC and Quicktime  and no luck. Any ideas?
2022-8-4
Use props
crocha
New
Portugal

Hi, same trouble with me try that did not work
2023-2-12
Use props
crocha
New
Portugal

2023-2-12
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

crocha Posted at 2-12 16:07

Put the card back in turn every thing on then record a short video. No need to fly. Stop the video then try it.
2023-2-12
Use props
fansa118a3ad
New

Belgium

Thank you so much for this information. I just had this problem this morning ! Great !
2023-5-21
Use props
djiuser_iCk9MYAsYbBk
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi Thanks for your solution but it din't work for me. It is possible that in my hurry to get a new battery loaded I just pulled the used battery out without turning the drone off. I tried all the tricks mentioned above and tried to open the file which is about midway in my file list, with Photoshop, preview, iMovie, Quicktime player but it obstinately refuses. Is there a software that can do it ?
2023-11-27
Use props
djiuser_Zxm408vjb6Pc
lvl.1

United States

My video was saved to an external hard drive. It all used to play back with no problems on a Chromebook. I recorded new video recently and went to play it back. Now it seems the only footage that can be played back is the goggle recording. After hours of wasting time I finally figured out something. I changed encoding setting from H.265 to H.264. Now I can play new video,  but one problem. ALL MY OLD VIDEO IS STILL NOT PLAYABLE.

ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS ISSUE? ANY SOLUTIONS???

Very frustrating
2-5 16:18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_Zxm408vjb6Pc Posted at 2-5 16:18
My video was saved to an external hard drive. It all used to play back with no problems on a Chromebook. I recorded new video recently and went to play it back. Now it seems the only footage that can be played back is the goggle recording. After hours of wasting time I finally figured out something. I changed encoding setting from H.265 to H.264. Now I can play new video,  but one problem. ALL MY OLD VIDEO IS STILL NOT PLAYABLE.

ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS ISSUE? ANY SOLUTIONS???

Hello, there. Thank you for reaching out. May we confirm the exact model of your aircraft? Please know that the H.265 coding format has higher requirements for computer configurations or software. We encourage you to use the H.264 format to prevent this inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding.
2-6 02:53
Use props
djiuser_Zxm408vjb6Pc
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-6 02:53
Hello, there. Thank you for reaching out. May we confirm the exact model of your aircraft? Please know that the H.265 coding format has higher requirements for computer configurations or software. We encourage you to use the H.264 format to prevent this inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding.

It is the DJI FPV.

I just got the O3 unit and I have the same problem. I do not see an option for the encoding setting though. I am using the older style goggles V2.

Could it just be that I need a better computer? I just don't understand why it used to play fine on the chromebook, but now won't play.

is there by chance a way to download video, like the DJIFPV, on the app from the O3?
2-10 17:00
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_Zxm408vjb6Pc Posted at 2-10 17:00
It is the DJI FPV.

I just got the O3 unit and I have the same problem. I do not see an option for the encoding setting though. I am using the older style goggles V2.

Thank you for responding. Please be advised that we've sent you a direct message for further instructions related to this query. You may refer to our direct message for better handling of your concerns. Thank you for your cooperation.
2-13 03:54
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules