Waypoints - Camera not aimed to next waypoint
464 5 2020-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DCSmith
lvl.2
United States

This morning I ran three short test flights with 4 waypoints. Everything worked as I expected EXCEPT for the direction the camera was pointing. I had no POIs, so I expected the camera would be pointing toward the next waypoint. The attached picture is an example of the flight path.

Waypoint Test.jpg
2020-8-12
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Check to see which waypoint flight mode you were in -- I'm guessing you were in one that doesn't point the camera towards the waypoint.
2020-8-12
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
United States

Waypoints 2.0 is different than what we got in the original Mavic Pro -- check this out: https://www.mavichelp.com/Tips/f ... ith-waypoints-20.44
2020-8-12
Use props
DCSmith
lvl.2
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 8-12 10:33
Waypoints 2.0 is different than what we got in the original Mavic Pro -- check this out: https://www.mavichelp.com/Tips/fly-automated-missions-with-waypoints-20.44

I had previously found that site and it provided more detail on some of the global options.

The "All Waypoint Direction" seems to default to "Custom Route". I tried my first waypoint flight and the drone/camera did not point to the next waypoint. It almost looked like it was following a POI, which I did not have in my task.

If I want the drone/camera to point to the next waypoint all the time, I am assuming the "Route " should be selected for this option instead of "Custom Route". Correct?
2020-8-12
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
United States

DCSmith Posted at 8-12 11:17
I had previously found that site and it provided more detail on some of the global options.

The "All Waypoint Direction" seems to default to "Custom Route". I tried my first waypoint flight and the drone/camera did not point to the next waypoint. It almost looked like it was following a POI, which I did not have in my task.

That's the way to looks to me, too -- we have different names for this in the original Mavic Pro.
2020-8-12
Use props
DCSmith
lvl.2
United States

Here's another question.  Will obstacle avoidance still be in effect?  If so and the drone encounters an obstacle, what will it do?

See attached image of a task I'm planning.  The graph below the picture shows the elevation profile of the first leg of the task.

2020-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules