1084 14 2020-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
B737ng
lvl.3
Flight distance : 297106 ft
Ireland

Hi,

Im already finding the drone sometimes frustrating to start up. Press the battery x 2 and the lights come on and the drone starts

It might be the same for shutting it down, pressing buttons and nothing happens. Sometimes the drone will start to beep or the lights on the battery will flash.

I have 1 battery out of my 3 that will not work at all. I have to keep pressing the button to power it up

The battery is fully charged and showing no lights.
After holding the button pressed, now all four leds are on and will not switch off.

Is this a faulty battery or what??
08C78E4C-34DE-451B-8D9E-974090CD33F6.jpeg
2020-8-12
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

are you doing the correct procedure of clicking once and then clicking and holding?
2020-8-12
Use props
B737ng
lvl.3
Ireland

Ice_2k Posted at 8-12 13:54
are you doing the correct procedure of clicking once and then clicking and holding?

Yes, as per manual. Press one then twice and hold for 2 secs.

My Mavic Pro Platinum is real smooth while Air 2 is a pig to start.

2 other batteries are fine. This one is just a no go. Even when I pressed the button once, no lights light up.

I tried holding the button, the all the lights start flashing, followed by a circular motion and then the drone beeps??
I never saw this behaviour before.

Battery is charged and working otherwise

Thanks
2020-8-12
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

sounds like you need to make a video of this and contact DJI support, it's probably a faulty battery
2020-8-12
Use props
B737ng
lvl.3
Ireland

Thanks. I just recorded the video. I will get in touch

Thanks buddy
2020-8-12
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

And you’re on the latest battery firmware? .340 included battery updates, so you’ll need to update each battery individually.
2020-8-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there B737ng. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the battery of your DJI Mavic Air 2. Since this issue is happening currently. I would recommend to contact our DJI Support team at https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to check and give out the best resolution for the said issue and for us to be able to assist you further. Again, I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for your understanding.
2020-8-12
Use props
B737ng
lvl.3
Ireland

MisterFrag Posted at 8-12 17:22
And you’re on the latest battery firmware? .340 included battery updates, so you’ll need to update each battery individually.

Yes all latest. This battery was acting up before too.

Btw, do you know what mode are available for different button presses??

After I hold the button pressed, my drone starts to beep and all the lights are flashing in the circle?

Thanks
2020-8-13
Use props
B737ng
lvl.3
Ireland

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-12 22:07
Hello there B737ng. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the battery of your DJI Mavic Air 2. Since this issue is happening currently. I would recommend to contact our DJI Support team at https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to check and give out the best resolution for the said issue and for us to be able to assist you further. Again, I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for your understanding.

I will have no choice but to log this. This battery is knackered!

https://youtu.be/E1oNYJGH6AA
2020-8-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

B737ng Posted at 8-13 01:57
I will have no choice but to log this. This battery is knackered!

https://youtu.be/E1oNYJGH6AA

Hi there B737ng. Thank you for providing this video link and after watching the said video. I would recommend to contact our DJI Support team at https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to check and give out the best resolution for the said issue Again I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for your understanding.
2020-8-14
Use props
B737ng
lvl.3
Ireland

Hi, DJI Stephen,

I sent an email to support. How long does it take for someone to reply to me? Thank You
2020-8-18
Use props
B737ng
lvl.3
Ireland

Guys whats the deal with this?  Its been over 10 days since I started the whole process and still not a word from DJI.

1. Sent an email on the 12th of Aug ( No reply)
2 . Started chat on the 20th and was advised to start a new case.
3. Opened a new case, filled out all the information and still no reply. The case was activated successfully, but  have not received any email, no postage labels or nothing?

DJI Stephen, can you please check?

thanks
2020-8-27
Use props
Smashey1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173422 ft
Ireland

B737ng Posted at 8-27 07:05
Guys whats the deal with this?  Its been over 10 days since I started the whole process and still not a word from DJI.

1. Sent an email on the 12th of Aug ( No reply)

Sorry to hear you're having a problem with both the battery in question and getting customer support to engage. Perhaps if we file replies and keep this post near the top of the pile the Mod's will spot it and assist.

I've looked at the youtube link above and I'd guess your power button is only making intermittent contact, so some of you short and long presses aren't registering with the battery. Even if you are lucky and the battery turns on you can't be sure you can turn it off again at the first attempt so this would be a safety issue in my book.

Good luck with getting this resolved and obviously don't use that battery in the meantime.
2020-8-29
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try contacting Dji global on Twitter. They respond quite fast. That's how I get them to respond to me for my replacement.
2020-8-29
Use props
B737ng
lvl.3
Ireland

Smashey1 Posted at 8-29 07:45
Sorry to hear you're having a problem with both the battery in question and getting customer support to engage. Perhaps if we file replies and keep this post near the top of the pile the Mod's will spot it and assist.

I've looked at the youtube link above and I'd guess your power button is only making intermittent contact, so some of you short and long presses aren't registering with the battery. Even if you are lucky and the battery turns on you can't be sure you can turn it off again at the first attempt so this would be a safety issue in my book.

Hi, Yes that what seems to be the problem. Its a dodgy switch. I figured out since that I have to press the button at an angle to get the drone to come on, but its also tricky to switch it off.

Im still awaiting on a replacement battery, but still have to send my back first...
2020-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules