Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What do I send in?
4629 13 2020-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Michael Walker9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 100157 ft
United States

My gimbal got broken in a minor crash, and I need to send my drone in for repair. I have started the online repair request process, and I have been sent a shipping label.

I have a few questions:

Should I remove the props? Do I need to include the controller and a battery? All I need to get fixed is the gimbal on the drone itself.

I have a Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo. Should I just send the whole package back? Or just the drone?

Thanks,
Michael Walker

2020-8-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi Michael, if the props, controller, and batteries are in good status, you only need to send in the aircraft for repair service, don't need to send the whole package back. Thanks.
2020-8-12
Use props
Michael Walker9
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 8-12 19:06
Hi Michael, if the props, controller, and batteries are in good status, you only need to send in the aircraft for repair service, don't need to send the whole package back. Thanks.

Thank you!
2020-8-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

You're most welcome. If there is anything else I can assist you with, please feel free to let me know.
2020-8-13
Use props
Michael Walker9
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 8-13 04:06
You're most welcome. If there is anything else I can assist you with, please feel free to let me know.

OK, I just wanted to post this here...

- I removed the propellers from the drone and put the little foam rings back on that were on there when it was shipped.
- I removed the battery from the drone, and I removed all other accessories from the carrying case.
- I stuffed a couple of clean t-shirts into the carrying case, so the drone would be held in place, like when the case is full.

I am going to put the carrying case back into the Fly More Combo box, then put that box into another box to be shipped.

I wanted to ship it the same way you guys sent it to me, because I figured the drone would be safe to ship that way.  :-)

I will be sending this later today. Thank you for your help, and I look forward to flying my drone again!

Michael Walker
2020-8-13
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Michael Walker9 Posted at 8-13 08:58
[view_image]

OK, I just wanted to post this here...

Hi, Michael. We highly suggest to not sending in the t-shirts, you may wrap your aircraft in a bubble wrap for added protection. Just put it in a box and that's good to go.

Thank you.
2020-8-13
Use props
Michael Walker9
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 8-13 09:57
Hi, Michael. We highly suggest to not sending in the t-shirts, you may wrap your aircraft in a bubble wrap for added protection. Just put it in a box and that's good to go.

Thank you.

I already sent it. It's going back in the box it was sent to me in.

The t-shirts are softer than the items that were originally in the carrying case. They just fill out the case. The drone can't move the way I have it packed.

I don't have bubble wrap at my house, and I wanted to minimize the time spent at the UPS place.

It should be fine; just remember to send my carrying case back. :-)
2020-8-13
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Michael Walker9 Posted at 8-13 10:30
I already sent it. It's going back in the box it was sent to me in.

The t-shirts are softer than the items that were originally in the carrying case. They just fill out the case. The drone can't move the way I have it packed.

Copy that, Michael. We'll have the team notified with your box. Thank you.
2020-8-13
Use props
djiuser_Ism3iIMmWVg8
lvl.1

United States

DJI Diana Posted at 8-13 10:38
Copy that, Michael. We'll have the team notified with your box. Thank you.

Hello -- I am new and not allowed to post (?). My question is that I am sending a MA2 in for warranty repair. I have two problems but one of them concerns the fact that ALL sd cards (I've tried many) have format issues when placed in a computer. My question is: Do I send an SD card with the drone?

Thank you,

AJ
2020-11-30
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

djiuser_Ism3iIMmWVg8 Posted at 11-30 11:36
Hello -- I am new and not allowed to post (?). My question is that I am sending a MA2 in for warranty repair. I have two problems but one of them concerns the fact that ALL sd cards (I've tried many) have format issues when placed in a computer. My question is: Do I send an SD card with the drone?

Thank you,

Hi, Aj. Thank you for your inquiry. Normally, we do not suggest sending an SD card. However, since this is not functioning please include us the defective components for testing, which in your case, was the SD card. Thank you and hopefully, it did clarify your concerns.
2020-11-30
Use props
djiuser_Ism3iIMmWVg8
lvl.1

United States

DJI Diana Posted at 11-30 12:55
Hi, Aj. Thank you for your inquiry. Normally, we do not suggest sending an SD card. However, since this is not functioning please include us the defective components for testing, which in your case, was the SD card. Thank you and hopefully, it did clarify your concerns.

Hi Diana,

Thank you for your helpful reply.

AJ
2020-12-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

djiuser_Ism3iIMmWVg8 Posted at 12-1 01:02
Hi Diana,

Thank you for your helpful reply.

You're most welcome. I am glad that I was able to help you with your concern for today. Thank you.
2020-12-1
Use props
djiuser_5QDI8SZDo8mo
New
Flight distance : 20594 ft
Italy

Hello -- I am new and not allowed to post. My question is that I am sending a MA2 in for warranty repair to for data analysis. My problem is gimbal that dosen't works cause it crashed. My question is: Do I send all accessories with the drone?  Or only drone and controller? Thanks
2022-9-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_5QDI8SZDo8mo Posted at 9-15 06:09
Hello -- I am new and not allowed to post. My question is that I am sending a MA2 in for warranty repair to for data analysis. My problem is gimbal that dosen't works cause it crashed. My question is: Do I send all accessories with the drone?  Or only drone and controller? Thanks

Hi there, if there is no issue with your other accessories, you don't need to send them in, please remember to remove the SD card from your drone. If the battery (which was used in the accident flight) is not severely damaged, you can send it along with the drone so we can check its performance of it as well. Hope this is informative for you.
2022-9-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules