Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I think all the reporters should have an M2P.
827 30 2020-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Always have an M2P so we can see a good aerial of what has happened on the ground.  You can even keep the batteries at 60% as you only would use 10% of the battery to get a good snap shot unless you want to fly really far out then prob fly back at 30%-40%.  If you do it right, probably not even use 5%.  It can be a hassle to keep the batteries maintained everyday.

From bridge collapses, exploses, massive accidents, earthquakes, tsunamis we need to see what has happened from the air as you can only see so much on the ground.  Assumingly the infrastructure budget for inspections and maintenance has gone down due to corona such as the scotland derailment, a lot of money could be made from photographing/filming such neglected events.  The rainstorm mudslide just happened the day before and the accident happened a day after.  Things can happen very quick so always be ready to show the world your work as you maybe the only one in the area with a drone.
2020-8-12
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You can even keep the batteries at 60% as you only would use 10% of the battery to get a good snap shot unless you want to fly really far out then prob fly back at 30%-40%.  If you do it right, probably not even use 5%.  It can be a hassle to keep the batteries maintained everyday.
That's great advice for anyone who wants to have their Mavic 2 crash to the ground.
Never launch unless the battery is fully charged.
And never take advice from the village idiot.
2020-8-12
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 8-12 21:37
You can even keep the batteries at 60% as you only would use 10% of the battery to get a good snap shot unless you want to fly really far out then prob fly back at 30%-40%.  If you do it right, probably not even use 5%.  It can be a hassle to keep the batteries maintained everyday.
That's great advice for anyone who wants to have their Mavic 2 crash to the ground.
Never launch unless the battery is fully charged.

Seems like you have Zero experience in flying at a moments notice.  You plan your flights days or even weeks in advance and if the weather is good you fly.  I've flown Many times w/o issue with lower than full-battery capacity.

When you have rules like this:
  • Never launch unless the battery is fully charged.
It can keep people away from even using the drone at all.  You should realize you don't have to film long distances and make a movie every single time.  You sometimes need just a good One shot which can describe a lot more than ground perspective photos or words alone.
2020-8-12
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 8-12 22:31
Seems like you have Zero experience in flying at a moments notice.  You plan your flights days or even weeks in advance and if the weather is good you fly.  I've flown Many times w/o issue with lower than full-battery capacity.

Seems like you have Zero experience in flying at a moments notice.
Seems like you have no idea at all about what you are saying (situation normal).

Go and take some hydroxychloroquine.
You are still a total idiot and have no awareness of how many flyers have lost drones because they launched with a battery that had been lying around partially discharged.
You really are an idiot and no-one should take notice of your very poor advice.
2020-8-12
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

c
2020-8-12
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 8-12 22:31

Hey genius .. the % indicator gives a false reading if you launch with a partially discharged battery.
The voltage is what's important.
You don't read flight data but I do and I analyse flight incidents.
I've lost count of the number of drones that fall from the sky because their owner launched with a battery that had been sitting around discharging and the voltage collapsed to below critical low level under the stress of launching or soon after.
2020-8-13
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Most media companies have helicopters with professional photography crew and hire qualified drone operators WHEN APPROPRIATE. I can't imagine a BBC anchor having a Mavic on his/her desk whilst reading the news to the nation ready to rush out to fly around the latest devastation.

The flights need to be planned and legally compliant with special permission from aviation authorities for commercial use of the airspace - especially as they will be broadcast on national and international TV depending on the severity of the incident. A reporter can't just rock up and fly a drone over a fire or train wreck with dead bodies over the ground live at the scene... Such areas of devastation will be under strict control by the police and the content taken, if even permitted, will need to be finely edited before publication for obvious privacy reasons and out of respect and sensitivity for those involved.  

As for the battery - if left half way charged for too long the charge will lose its grip and many have lost their drones due to voltage drops in flight caused by taking off with partly charged batteries.  
2020-8-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That would be a lot of journalists that would have to get qualified and insured for a once in a career moment.
2020-8-13
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

If you all want to complicate something so easy w/ old tech and not so reliable methods from the past then go ahead, don't fly and continue telling other people not to do it.
2020-8-13
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 8-13 01:50
If you all want to complicate something so easy w/ old tech and not so reliable methods from the past then go ahead, don't fly and continue telling other people not to do it.

Get back in your bubble and shut it!
  Your 'advice' will misinform those reading and potentially lead to their drone falling from the sky.

2020-8-13
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 8-13 01:51
Get back in your bubble and shut it!

I wanted to see how dumb people are.  The only way to see it is to get the responses.
2020-8-13
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 8-13 01:53
I wanted to see how dumb people are.  The only way to see it is to get the responses.

How dumb people are - what? By agreeing with you. You are in no position to judge anyones intellect on here sunshine - trust me!
2020-8-13
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 8-13 01:54
How dumb people are - what? By agreeing with you. You are in no position to judge anyones intellect on here sunshine - trust me!

Trust you, everyone should trust you including me right?  I have first hand experience in this area.  Probably a lot more than all of you combined.

I got in this field so people can see things clearly.  To expose the underlying roots of the conflict and to extinguish doubts.
2020-8-13
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 8-13 01:55
Trust you, everyone should trust you including me right?  I have first hand experience in this area.  Probably a lot more than all of you combined.

Hahahahahahaha With less than 3m feet flown and most of that on a Spark. Keep on dreaming but don't forget Ant - the last time you started insulting people on the forum by calling them dumb you got a serious warning and a temporary ban yes - just saying!
2020-8-13
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 8-13 01:57
Hahahahahahaha  With less than 3m feet flown and most of that on a Spark. Keep on dreaming but don't forget Ant - the last time you started insulting people on the forum by calling them dumb you got a serious warning and a temporary ban yes - just saying!

I take no pride in any of this.
2020-8-13
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 8-13 01:58
I take no pride in any of this.  The only pride I take is looking at the people doing things wrong and appreciating how come.

. I believe the next ban will be permanent...
2020-8-13
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 8-13 01:59
. I believe the next ban will be permanent...

Permanent for what reason?  I assume you are a democrat?  The people who go off emotions instead of actual truths?
2020-8-13
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 8-13 01:59
Permanent for what reason?  I assume you are a democrat?  The people who go off emotions instead of actual truths?

What has politics got to do with telling an idiot to shut up! You're not all there
2020-8-13
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 8-13 02:02
What has politics got to do with telling an idiot to shut up! You're not all there

Under what power do you have for telling me to shut up?  I would say it's dangerous for you to tell people what to do with drone flying but telling people not to fly isn't dangerous.  I'm telling people what can be done and how to do it properly.
2020-8-13
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 8-13 02:03
Under what power do you have for telling me to shut up?  I would say it's dangerous for you to tell people what to do with drone flying but telling people not to fly isn't dangerous.  I'm telling people what can be done and how to do it properly.

2020-8-13
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

So like can we all look at the core reason why people are in disagreement?

• Never fly unless your battery is full
2020-8-13
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

How do you associate the relevancy of my IQ to this whole thread?
2020-8-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

AntDX316 Posted at 8-13 02:05
So like can we all look at the core reason why people are in disagreement?

You even managed to get that part wrong. Flying drones your own drones is really your own business, giving out bad information you deserve to be put in your place. And that is all people are doing here. The advice from AJ and Labroids is sound advice and through experience they would have seen many, and yes many thinking they were taking off with battery that was full or at 60% two weeks ago when they landed it, only to see craft from 500m away or closer run out of battery or crash to the ground. People come to the forum for best advice, not made up advice from a self confessed Maverick who doesn’t care what kind of advice he spews and tries to regurgitate constantly.

The correct advice always to everyone for both safety and longevity is for all missions only ever use freshly charged batteries it’s the closest guarantee you have to having a successful flight. Batteries that have not been charged or have been flown and landed give you much less guarantee that you will have a safe flight and this would be the recommendation of serious drone users.
2020-8-13
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

c
2020-8-13
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That's more like it - shhhhhh
2020-8-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

The c must be for clown .....
2020-8-13
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

At least it wasn't a red balloon.....
2020-8-13
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

clear clear
2020-8-13
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

In most countries the reporters would have to sit a commercial test involving practical exams, theory tests, produce risk assessments, logs, insurance and provide flight plan details.
Which most are not going to do due to the cost and time involved.  Its simply not worth it.

You CAN if you own 4 or 5 batteries always arrange to keep ONE fully charged for use and cycle through them without overly harming life.  But again for the cost and effort involved nobody is going to bother.
2020-8-13
Use props
xagoras
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1357589 ft
Greece

I won't go into the begin your flight with low battery levels. Others are more experts than me to explain why one shouldn't do it, ever.

My arguement on what you propose, come from the simple fact, that during a disaster, especially one that there are people on the ground that need to be rescued, retrieved or located, there will be rescue teams working on the scene, which most likely will have aerial guidance from either helicopters or even other drones.

That is not an assumption. Take it from someone whose business is that, exactly. It can be potentially extremely dangerous and irresponsible for anyone to fly his own drone over a scene like that, without having first informed the authorities.

So please next time you come across such a scene, keep your drone on the ground, because you could cause some serious accident.
2020-8-13
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I like all your logics.
2020-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now