Gimbal yaw control with the pitch wheel
2017 5 2020-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansca133f8c
lvl.1
Italy

Hello,

Is there a way on the Mavic 2 Pro or Zoom to control the Gimbal Yaw (pan) with one of the wheels instead of dragging your finder on the screen?
I know that is is possible to set it up for the Inspire so why not do the same on the Mavic?
The screen dragging is extremely impractical while flying and following some subject.

I tried just turning the drone instead but flying sideway brings an all set of problem one of which is speed. flying straight on is much faster than sideways. At least from what I could assess.

Thanks
> Joseph
2020-8-13
Use props
xagoras
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1357589 ft
Greece

Not sure what exactly you are trying to do, but won't Active Track or Point of Interest do the job?

I'm not aware of any setting to control the camera pan through the wheels.
2020-8-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Joseph, the Yaw of the gimbal can be only controlled by dragging the bar on the app, it doesn't support controlling by the controller, thanks for your attention.
2020-8-14
Use props
fansca133f8c
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Susan Posted at 8-14 01:15
Hi Joseph, the Yaw of the gimbal can be only controlled by dragging the bar on the app, it doesn't support controlling by the controller, thanks for your attention.

Are there any plans to add this functionality in the future?
2020-8-14
Use props
fansca133f8c
lvl.1
Italy

xagoras Posted at 8-13 13:33
Not sure what exactly you are trying to do, but won't Active Track or Point of Interest do the job?

I'm not aware of any setting to control the camera pan through the wheels.

I need to follow multiple cars while going around 30/35 mph and I need to be able to pan from car to car.
It is very hard to go at that speed sideways yaw the drone but still follow the same path in the air while yawing.
So flying forward and panning the camera instead would be much easier.. but it is very hard to fly while following a predetermined path and yaw the drone to capture each subject.
2020-8-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansca133f8c Posted at 8-14 04:38
Are there any plans to add this functionality in the future?

There is no plan as of the moment. I will note your requirement and forward to our engineers to notice.
2020-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules