Fly App aligned with iPhotos
2584 5 2020-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kurt Air2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 205823 ft
Japan

My iOS mobile device is now full because of duplicated photos between Photos and the Fly App.  If I delete the photos from the Fly App, it warns me that these same photos will also be deleted from my iCloud Photos album.  I don't want the two programs tied together; it creates massive storage problems, and when I take photos with my phone, I don't see why they need to be included in the Fly App.

What's going on here?  I looked in my preferences and there's no apparent ability to deny access to my Photos from the Fly App.  How do I get rid of the Fly pics to get my storage back  without losing my iCloud photos????

2020-8-13
Use props
Kurt Air2
lvl.2
United States

Admin....is there any admin looking at this forum that might answer the question?  Why is the Fly App cohabitating with my iPhone Photos app?
2020-8-21
Use props
Kurt Air2
lvl.2
United States

Any Admin Out There That Can Answer a Question?

I posted this a while back and got no replies.  Is there an answer?  The following cut and pasted from previous post.....

My iOS mobile device is now full because of duplicated photos between Photos and the Fly App.  If I delete the photos from the Fly App, it warns me that these same photos will also be deleted from my iCloud Photos album.  I don't want the two programs tied together; it creates massive storage problems, and when I take photos with my phone, I don't see why they need to be included in the Fly App.

What's going on here?  I looked in my preferences and there's no apparent ability to deny access to my Photos from the Fly App.  How do I get rid of the Fly pics to get my storage back  without losing my iCloud photos????
2020-8-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi Kurt, sorry for the late response. I will forward your situation to the related team for a check, if there is an update, I'll let you know. Thanks.
2020-8-21
Use props
Kurt Air2
lvl.2
United States

I think I may have figured it out while doing some other Settings updates for Privacy.  All these apps are blood sucking vampire squids that wrap themselves around everyone they can to extract data.  Amazing numbers of my apps have access to all sorts of stuff I never approved; they just default to the idea they have a right to everything.  I’d recommend to everyone to go to their Privacy Settings and Reset everything the way you want it, not the sneaky way “they” want it.

The default Privacy setting for the DJI Fly App is for Read and Write Access  to Photos.  I switched the setting to Never
2020-8-21
Use props
Kurt Air2
lvl.2
China

OK, got it.  That was it.  Delete the DJI Fly App,  Make sure there’s nothing in there you want before deleting.  Download a new copy of DJI Fly App.  It’ll run through the usual approvals.  Don’t allow Photo access.  Go to Privacy Settings, Photos, just to make sure.  This just gained me another 20 GB storage on my phone.  
2020-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules