39834 20 2020-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fikron
lvl.1
Flight distance : 116739 ft
Malaysia

Hi all

Just wondering if you guys have any idea why my ma2 cannot move to the left and right side. I already recab rc it can move to 100% and even uninstalll dji fly apps. It work only on tutorial move when system ask to move right stick to left and right but actual flight it just stay at it place. I able to going up / down / move forward / move backwards. The last thing i notice what i did it sw update. Any idea for this matter? Help me thank you!
2020-8-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Fikron, please note that the new firmware added Safety Flight Mode. In this mode, the aircraft avoids obstacles automatically and will not respond to commands to fly left or right. Please check if the drone is in Safety Flight Mode, thanks.
2020-8-13
Use props
djiuser_5TUydkWY0dIz
New
Flight distance : 41283 ft
Canada

Same. In an open field and drone won't move left or right.
2020-10-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_5TUydkWY0dIz Posted at 10-13 01:28
Same. In an open field and drone won't move left or right.

Which RC mode did you set? How does the aircraft behave when you control left or right? Did you try the Joystick calibration?
2020-10-13
Use props
djiuser_JUMPPej2heOZ
lvl.1
Ecuador

It is the Safety Flight Mode. In this mode the aircraft disable the sideways flight.
2020-10-27
Use props
djiuser_sBo0rwZBnupD
New

United States

I have the same issue, I don't know why the MA2 stops in front of everything and it doesn't move right or left. I active to avoid obstacles and to move right or left, but it doesn't respond. I hope somebody can help. Thank you.
2020-12-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_sBo0rwZBnupD Posted at 12-17 17:06
I have the same issue, I don't know why the MA2 stops in front of everything and it doesn't move right or left. I active to avoid obstacles and to move right or left, but it doesn't respond. I hope somebody can help. Thank you.

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties that you encountered. Please confirm the information below:
Which RC mode did you set? How does the aircraft behave when you control left or right? Did you try the Joystick calibration?
2020-12-17
Use props
djiuser_sBo0rwZBnupD
New

United States

Hello, thank you for replying. I'm using the Normal mode, it work fine when I'm flying it high or with not obstacles, but when I try to go through the trees or flowers or having a recording of the roof from my house it doesn't move, it starts making the beep beep beep and doesn't move, I go a little bit higher and still not moving until I go almost over the roof and star moving. The same with the tree I try to take some videos going through them, but nothing. In the app everything looks apparently fine. I don't know what's wrong. The calibration of my RC is fine.
2020-12-17
Use props
Neo69
lvl.1
Flight distance : 409022 ft
United States

djiuser_JUMPPej2heOZ Posted at 2020-10-27 08:53
[view_image]

It is the Safety Flight Mode. In this mode the aircraft disable the sideways flight.

I meet the same problem and why even it doesn't have this function on my DJI FLY app? It's up to date.
2021-1-23
Use props
djiuser_YJfLepw4eGPi
lvl.1
Ireland

I am facing the same issue,even after calibration the remote and air craft and IMU, the only thing worked for me when i change the mood in the controller to "Turbo" then back to "Normal".

Try that may help
2021-3-20
Use props
SuperWinnieperruna
lvl.4
Flight distance : 542083 ft
Spain

IT sometime happened to me meanwhile You dont rise up and the aircraft grabs Satellites
2021-3-20
Use props
Captain_Morgan
lvl.1

Greece

[view_image]

Hello everyone,

got the same problem today and when I checked the firmware I do have the latest but I do not have this option under flight assistance.... am I missing something? (Disable Sideways Flight nowhere found). Anyway, I did proceed to a RC calibration several times, changed between modes, turned-off and on RC and MA2 and got it to work again (sideways flight). Very strange, haven't figured out yet what this was... and I take care of this drone like a baby.
2021-4-3
Use props
JimDandy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144649 ft
United States

Captain_Morgan Posted at 4-3 11:00
Hello everyone,

got the same problem today and when I checked the firmware I do have the latest but I do not have this option under flight assistance.... am I missing something? (Disable Sideways Flight nowhere found). Anyway, I did proceed to a RC calibration several times, changed between modes, turned-off and on RC and MA2 and got it to work again (sideways flight). Very strange, haven't figured out yet what this was... and I take care of this drone like a baby.

3 little dot in the upper right corner of the fly app. First tab is safety, turn on by pass and don't turn on the "disable sideways flight" First step, tap the 3 dots in upper right hand corner of fly app. You should have done this long before your first flight to set Return to home altitude, check the compass and Imu status and so on. Hope this helps you.
2021-4-3
Use props
Captain_Morgan
lvl.1

Greece

JimDandy Posted at 4-3 12:24
3 little dot in the upper right corner of the fly app. First tab is safety, turn on by pass and don't turn on the "disable sideways flight" First step, tap the 3 dots in upper right hand corner of fly app. You should have done this long before your first flight to set Return to home altitude, check the compass and Imu status and so on. Hope this helps you.

Thank you Jim,

I just realized the source of my confusion... I had already set my MA2 when I first configured it this past summer to "brake" instead of bypass. It seems a recent update "reset" this value to "bypass" and only under this selection does the field "disable sideways flight" exist which was by default "turned on" as well. That's why i did not recall it. Thanks for the tip mate!
2021-4-4
Use props
sdfenton
lvl.1

United States

[view_image]

I had this same problem with my Airplus 2. It would go sideways in Cine and Sport mode, but not Normal. I had "Disable sideways flight" turned on.  This fix worked!  Thank you.
2022-3-1
Use props
djiuser_hP3IfBZpTIKD
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Guys if the obstacle avoidance on bypass it will not move left and right on normal mode it will just move on cine mode and sport but if the obstacle avoidance on brake or off it will move left and right on all modes.
2022-3-26
Use props
eEridani
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7006224 ft

United States

It is very easy to accidentally touch the APAS icon on the touch screen. It runs through many different settings. One of them is NO SIDEWAYS FLIGHT.  If you use the touchpad for landing and takeoff, you can touch the APAS icon without knowing you changed the setting.

The HEX icon will change colors, and the two vertical sides will blank out as you change things. It can also be difficult to get back to fully enabled BYPASS mode, so using the SETTINGS/SAFETY screen might be needed.

2022-4-7
Use props
evansg7124
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for the good post here.  I had exactly the same lead in to this problem and thought I was losing my mind when calibration said everything was good, but could not fly sideways.  I love those easy answers, thanks again for posting as I had no idea this was even a setting to talk about it.  Guessing it got disabled in a firmware update, no way I would have to disabled it.
2022-5-11
Use props
doglaboi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 766234 ft

Suriname

evansg7124 Posted at 5-11 07:14
Thanks for the good post here.  I had exactly the same lead in to this problem and thought I was losing my mind when calibration said everything was good, but could not fly sideways.  I love those easy answers, thanks again for posting as I had no idea this was even a setting to talk about it.  Guessing it got disabled in a firmware update, no way I would have to disabled it.

This actually happened to me once also. I freaked out cuz I had a "hard landing" and I thought I broke it. Not knowing I accidently touched the apas icon and sideways was disabled.....
Found the setting to change it back after I had already talked to support that my drone may be broken and they told me to send it on for repairs.....
Luckily no damage and behaved normally again after I changed the setting.
2022-5-14
Use props
djiuser_mpn2DGlieWeY
New

Vietnam

I got this issue on normal mode after update. Tripod mode and sport mode can fly left and right as usual.
2023-8-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_mpn2DGlieWeY Posted at 8-15 01:41
I got this issue on normal mode after update. Tripod mode and sport mode can fly left and right as usual.

Hello there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Was this already fixed? If not, can you please check if the "Disable Sideways Flight" is enabled as mentioned in reply #20? Please keep me posted. Have a great day ahead.
2023-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules