6947 5 2020-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
raulvolador
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4771427 ft
Spain

Hi,

As you must know, European CE users of Mavic Mini have less range than United States FCC users, due different radio power regultion.
For years FCC hack was possible at DJI drones allowing extended power and range.
At Mavic Mini CE version it can easily double it's range at urban environmente when FCC hack enabled.
It works by simulating a GPS position in the USA using FakeGPS app.
It is a known problem that latest versions of DJI Fly app, after v1.1.2,  detects change of region and cancel FCC hack.
I discovered it's possible maintaining FCC hack when flying new Litchi application beta v4.18.0_BETA-g Build 3623
In this video I'll show you how it works at my Mavic Mini CE version with active FCC hack.

Note: I don't show you How to enable FCC hack but how it remains when flying Mavic Mini at Litchi beta app.

Best regards.

R.

2020-8-14
Use props
PhasedSpaces
lvl.4
Flight distance : 185463 ft
United Kingdom

You do realise, that posting this 'here' as opposed to a NON-DJI run  forum, has basically allerted DJI to your work around, thus prompting them to block this as well.  
2020-8-15
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

What good is a hack if you can't share it with others....including the target company ;-)
2020-8-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

But CE Mavic Mini is a different model than there FCC version and doesn't have both radios installed?
2020-8-17
Use props
ImpoliteLing
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4934 ft
Latvia

DAFlys Posted at 8-17 06:53
But CE Mavic Mini is a different model than there FCC version and doesn't have both radios installed?

Other way around.

The FCC version only has the 5GHz radio, but with increased power output, whereas the CE version has both - 5GHz and 2,4GHz.

The EU has regulation severely limiting power output in the upper range of 5GHz due to the same frequencies being used by medical equipment and automated sensors throughout the EU, cutting down on the 5GHz range massively. Hence why DJI installed a separate 2,4GHz radio in the MM, that permits great distances under ideal conditions, but is very interference prone (even microwave ovens screw it up), so you have people not being able to fly more than 200m in city centers.
2020-8-18
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

What a genius idea to publish this on the DJI forum
2020-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules