DJI Received Package but say Drone was not in box
5950 16 2020-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bazodee
lvl.1
Canada

I have had a a plethora of issues with my first experience with DJI care refresh and DJI service in general.

First of all my Drone crashed on at the end of June 2020 within seconds of going up in the air, it turned around and flew into a wall like it was posessed and then came crashing down. I have no idea why it did that, as I read forums, maybe the return to home was not set and it thought it should fly home, I am not sure but what I do know is I flew it up and it then took it upon itself to just crash into the wall and come flying down.

I sent that flight log that clearly shows that to DJI support.

PROBLEM ONE: I called the DJI refresh and the representative kept telling me I had to pay for shipping the drone to the repair facility. I kept telling him according to when I bought DJI refresh it says if I am shipping from the same zone as I bought the drone the I would not. After much back and forth and asking for a supervisor, it was clarified I did not have to pay for shipping.

DJI sent me a shipping label.

PROBLEM TWO: There is no specific clarity from DJI on what you need to ship to them. I had to search the forums and read other peoples same questions about the topic and it looked like you could not win, if you don't ship the controller they may blame the issues on the controller, if you do ship it they ask you why you shipped it but they never tell you outright what to ship. I shipped everything, controller, battery, drone, propellers and ac adapter all packaged in a snug box with air cushion padding and taped numerous times.

PROBLEM THREE: I get the delivery messages from UPS that the package was delivered on July 24th at 15:31 (it was sent on July 20th). July 24th is a Friday. I get an email from DJI on July 27th at 4:18 pm EST that says "The item you sent to DJI for repair has been received and you case number is CAS-4544162-Y5Z3P4. This is the Monday.

It gives me a link to view progress. and then lists product details which include an AC Adapter and a remote controller.

I thought it was strange but given the fact we already dicussed the case was a crashed drone, I figured this email migth be just listing the accessories to keep track of what else I sent with the drone in case it gets seperated.

QUESTION: Where was the box with my drone from Friday July 24th to Monday July 27th at 4:18pm - I hope it was not sitting outside for the weekend.

PROBLEM FOUR: On Aug 3 2020 - I get this email:

This email is an update on your open case with case number: CAS-4544162-Y5Z3P4.

You reported an issue as mentioned below:
- Camera hanging off
- Propellers are damaged
- Body is damaged

Our facility had conducted the damage assessment to your Mavic Pro Platinum remote controller and charger and the results are as follows:
- Found no issue with unit.

Please provide more clarification on the issue you are encountering. As you mentioned, there's issues with the drone's hardware, however, we just received the remote controller and charger but not the drone

Then I come to realize they are saying the drone was not in the box when they received it, why would they proceed to look at the controller and ac adpater as opposed to raising the red flag with me that 'where is the drone'???????

I reply back asking them to contact UPS (as it was their shipping label) and the repair facility and find the drone, the drone was definitely in there, the drone is crashed and it is what I was sending to be repaired.

They said now they have CCTV cameras at the Texas repair facility so they will review the opening of the box but they asked me for pictures of the box and to describe the box. Why would I have a picture of the box and what would a picture of the box do? They have the box, they got the controller and ac adapter. Describe the box? they have the box? I called my local UPS where I dropped it off and they have no picture or video either but they are confused since the box was received.

Anyone else having a similar issue like this?

The issue is I feel I am not getting anywhere and this is being taken lightly as 'you did not send us the drone' when in fact I 100% sent the drone. The drone crashed and is useless and I bought DJI refresh for repairs, there is no reason for me to not send the drone. I did not pay for shipping, I do not pay for the repair, why would I want to keep a crashed drone and not send it? It does not make any sense but I feel like no one at DJI is taking this seriously and summer in Canada is ending and I have no drone and it seems like no one is trying to find the drone or take responsbility. Somehow a picture of the box from me will help.

2020-8-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

We're sorry to read your frustrations. Certainly, this is not the experience we want you to have. We'll seek the attention of the higher level team for further assistance. Rest assured that we will be treating this with the utmost priority.

Thanks again for your patience.
2020-8-14
Use props
Intrakota
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13607077 ft
United Kingdom

Oh please update us here as to what they do about this situation, I have to send CrystalSky, Smart Controller and Mavic Enterprise Dual to Holland and I don’t have any care refresh, only my domestic contents insurance where its all listed as specified items. I’m going to photograph everything going into the box, the sealing of the box, weighing the sealed box and finally the guy who comes to collect it from me and have an independent witness to oversee it all, ridiculous I know.

Life is getting a bit too complicated don’t you think.  
2020-8-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Intrakota Posted at 8-17 11:54
Oh please update us here as to what they do about this situation, I have to send CrystalSky, Smart Controller and Mavic Enterprise Dual to Holland and I don’t have any care refresh, only my domestic contents insurance where its all listed as specified items. I’m going to photograph everything going into the box, the sealing of the box, weighing the sealed box and finally the guy who comes to collect it from me and have an independent witness to oversee it all, ridiculous I know.

Life is getting a bit too complicated don’t you think.

Hi Intrakota, if you encounter any trouble during the service, please feel free to let us know, we will do our best to help.
2020-8-18
Use props
bazodee
lvl.1
Canada

Thank you DJI Diana and Intrakota.

Unfortunately this is not getting better.

Ejay at DJI support had asked for my drop off receipt when I dropped the drone off (Even though the issue is not that the box did not get from UPS to the repar facility).
I sent 4 pics of the drop off information to DJI. DJI proceeded 2 more times to ask for the drop off receipt in other responses and I kept having to send it. In the latest email he Ejay also says "That is why we're asking for the receipt that UPS gave you when you drop off the package to further check it."

I am letting DJI know the below is all I have in terms of 'receipts'. It is covid times and everything is digital, I am unclear what further information a piece of paper would give anyways, what else are we looking for?

1-redacted.jpg 2-redacted.jpg redacted3.jpg redacted4.jpg

Note the package was left on the dock on a Friday afternoon and I did not get an email letting me know they got the package until Monday at 4:18 pm EST. My question here is where does the package stay from Friday evening to Monday? Is it secure?

I called UPS where I dropped it off and I called UPS customer service. The both said that DJI can open an investigation in order to see all of the places the package stopped off before making it's way to the final location. They also may have weighed it along the way numerous times and those weights would have been recorded. If it were opened for inspection it would have been logged as well. I have mentioned this to DJI and they did not address a response to this, still asking me for 'proof'. What proof?

The package also is logged at 5 lbs and when I dropped it off they verified but there is no process to log the weight at drop off (is my understanding). If you look at the weight of the controller and the AC adapter it is not close to 5 pounds at all and DJI said nothing else was in the box, why did it weight so much then?

The BIG thing is Ejay at DJI said they have CCTV video of them openeing the package at the facility. I am not saying that somoene at the facility took the drone, it could have been anywhere along the way from Canada to Texas that the drone could have been taken, misplaced, etc. (remember this is a crashed Drone, inoperable, camera hanging off, absolutely useless in terms of functioning, I even sent the video from the app of the GPS coordinates showing it went up and then spiraled to a crash immediately to the ground). Anyways, so the CCTV video was not provided, instead there was a picture of the box closesd. The box looks beat up, not like how I sent it and then the box opened with no drone in it. I let Ejay know, that does not mean anything, the picture of the box open with no drone in it could be taken at any time, even yesterday, I want the video sent to me of them opening it.
ac adapter.png

Ejay said they will be checking the CCTV camera for when the box was opened to see but they did not send me the video.

They have also asked me to check my house for the drone where I packaged it and I told them I packaged it on the dining table, there is no Drone there. Myself and another person packaged it together, bubble wrapped it and taped it. The other interesting part about the picture here is there is no bubble wrap.

The most recent statement from DJI is:

"Please double-check where you package the box and provide more proof because if there's none, we will stick on what we received."

My response:

Hi Ejay,

I have been very patient with this process and have not taken to social media, better business bureau and other methods to bring focus to this issue.

I need you to provide clear answers to the following questions:

1 – Are you going to provide the video of them opening the package. You mentioned there is CCTV at the facility of them opening the package, where is the video?

2- Are you going to open an investigation with UPS? UPS has said they will be able to check where the package was and where it was weighed if you open an investigation. The weight can be critical in determining the package.

I have provided everything that UPS has provided me, I have talked to the drop off location and the customer service and it is simple, you can open an investigation, that is the next step.

I have double checked where I packaged the box, it was on my dining room table and there is nothing here. From my dining room table to your facility the package has gone through many hands, surely it cannot be as simple as ‘more proof’. Proof of what, let me know what proof you want? The proof of my drop off was delivered digitally maybe as it is covid times, no paper copy was given and I am not sure what further it would give, you received the package, the next step if you providing the video to see what was in the box when you opened it. Was it there at the facility or taken out along the way, why is the box in such terrible condition?

3 – Is there an escalation process further than you at DJI? This needs to be rectified, that is an expensive drone plus the DJI refresh is expensive, it is not as simple as DJI telling me to send the drone in without giving me instructions of what proof to gather, pictures, weight? Using your shipping company so I do not have any of my own insurance and DJI walking away from this.

I will wait for your response before taking this to social media where I will also tag the local news station who is very interested in my story.

Please also send the contact for your medial relations / public relations department and I am sure they will be keen to speak with them.

Sorry to be firm but my patience is running out and I am getting frustrated at your lack of taking responsibility for your lack of process, your chosen shipping company and your repair facility.

Please reply at your earliest convenience.

2020-8-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

bazodee Posted at 8-29 03:48
Thank you DJI Diana and Intrakota.

Unfortunately this is not getting better.

Hi bazodee, I'm sorry to hear that, our supervisor is following up on your case, your feedback will be forwarded to them. Thanks.
2020-8-30
Use props
bazodee
lvl.1
Canada

Thanks, Looking forward to it.
2020-8-30
Use props
bazodee
lvl.1
Canada

Hello DJI Diana,

Any update on what is going on?

I am afraid this might be getting more and more ridiculous. I will spare you the details until I find out about your supervisor and what they have found out, just in case I am jumping to conclusions.
2020-9-8
Use props
bazodee
lvl.1
Canada

Hello DJI Diana,

Any update on what is going on?
2020-9-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

bazodee Posted at 9-10 09:25
Hello DJI Diana,

Any update on what is going on?

Hi bazodee, as per check, our supervisor team is following up on your case and has replied to your email, kindly please check it. Thanks.
2020-9-10
Use props
bazodee
lvl.1
Canada

I need the help of someone else, the email I got is below but here is the issue:

The supervisor keeps asking me for the UPS physical drop off receipt when I dropped the package off:
There is no 'physical' receipt - The shipping label was sent from DJI to me, I printed it, put it on the package and dropped it off. I got a DIGITAL drop off notification which I have provided.
The tracking number is above and the package ARRIVED at the texas repair facility - Diana, Can you tell me why they keep asking me for the 'physical' drop off receipt?
Do they think I did not drop it off? How did it get to them then? Why is DJI questioning if I dropped it off?
Also - DJI is asking me 'where did I Send it" - DJI gave me the shipping label, it was sent to the address DJI put on the label they sent me - and it went to the place THEY RECEIVED IT! Why are they asking me where I Sent it?

This is RIDICULOUS - Would you not agree?

Even though it is covid and we are not supposed to go out, I had to go to UPS today and ask for a physical receipt since DJI says they cannot do anything without a physical receipt, the UPS store said DJI is playing games, there is no physical receipt and DJI being a technology company should understand the digital world with a digital receipt. So it is confirmed, there is no physical paper receipt when DJI provided a shipping label and the customer prints it, it is not the 1980's.

Please Diana, what do I do now I need a new manager / supervisor to speak with.

Here is the email:
-----

Thank you for your response.

We understand that you're sending files to us. We all got that including the files you sent last August 24, however, based on the attachment, we cannot find the drop off a receipt that we were asking since the beginning. Your first attachment is a screenshot from the website of UPS, the second one is the flight records and the third one is proof of delivery. The drop of receipt is given to the customer by UPS as proof that it was handed to them. It is a physical receipt. We are asking for it to help you file a claim versus UPS since we only received what we have forwarded to you.

Thank you for choosing DJI Products.
Best Regards,
Ejay
Manager, DJI Technical Support
2020-9-10
Use props
bazodee
lvl.1
United States

Looks like more than 4 weeks later, DJI now wants me to go file a police report on the people working at the DJI service center:

Sept 15 2020 from Ejay, Manager of DJI technical support:

Thank you for your response.

We completely understand your point, however, as we explained, that was the items that we received from the package when we open it. We have coordinated this and requested to our facility to provide the video. As per advised, to further conduct an investigation and since you're claiming that you sent us the whole package, please provide us a police report indicating that you sent us the whole package for us to help you file a claim versus UPS. In regards to your question on the email address of my superior, I'm sorry but I'm already the highest of escalation you can contact. Our authorized service center address is where you sent the package.

Please send us the police report indicating that you sent the whole package if you want us to file a claim versus UPS.

Thank you for choosing DJI Products.
Best Regards,
Ejay
Manager, DJI Technical Support
2020-9-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

bazodee Posted at 9-14 10:54
Looks like more than 4 weeks later, DJI now wants me to go file a police report on the people working at the DJI service center:

Sept 15 2020 from Ejay, Manager of DJI technical support:

We are deeply sorry for the delay, bazodee. We noticed that a solution has been provided, I hope your case will be sorted out very shortly.
2020-9-24
Use props
bazodee
lvl.1
Canada

Hello Diana, Yes, After filing a police report in Texas, where the facility is located, DJI has thankfully said they will send me a replacement drone. I am very appreciative, it has a been a long process but I will await the drone which will arrive tomorrow and update this post with the condition of the replacement drone. I have it delivering to the UPS center this time, instead of my house and I will video record my interaction as well as myself opening the box at the UPS store so there are no questions this time in case there is no drone in the box or any other issues.

Thanks.
2020-9-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

bazodee Posted at 9-29 03:32
Hello Diana, Yes, After filing a police report in Texas, where the facility is located, DJI has thankfully said they will send me a replacement drone. I am very appreciative, it has a been a long process but I will await the drone which will arrive tomorrow and update this post with the condition of the replacement drone. I have it delivering to the UPS center this time, instead of my house and I will video record my interaction as well as myself opening the box at the UPS store so there are no questions this time in case there is no drone in the box or any other issues.

Thanks.

Glad to know everything turns out to be great, please keep us updated if you need any further assistance, we are always here to help.
2020-9-29
Use props
bazodee
lvl.1
Canada

Hi Diana,

I have emailed back to DJI because the replacement drone arrived and I was very happy after losing the entire summer with DJI during this process, but the replacement drone they gave me has no battery and no propellers, so it is unusable.

This time I filmed the delivery with the UPS person and opened it during the filming as he delivered it so I have the proof needed.

Someone at DJI is looking into it and reviewing the video, I will keep you updated.
2020-10-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

bazodee Posted at 10-2 05:43
Hi Diana,

I have emailed back to DJI because the replacement drone arrived and I was very happy after losing the entire summer with DJI during this process, but the replacement drone they gave me has no battery and no propellers, so it is unusable.

Sorry for the continuous troubles, we have also forwarded to the team to double check, please wait for further follow-up. Thank you.
2020-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules