Is there a way to repair overheated gimbal boards?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mdeblasi1991
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9183 ft
United States

Is there a way? Does anybody know what chip breaks or where to purchase them? Thanks.
2020-8-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, for fly safety consideration, it is not recommended to repair the drone yourselves. Kindly please contact our support team via http://www.dji.com/support  to open a case and send it in for a thorough diagnosis, we'll do our best to help this out. Thanks.
2020-8-14
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44062 ft

United Kingdom

Very vague question Mdeblasi1991 with very little information as to exactly which circuit board you're talking about. What has happened ?
2020-8-15
Use props
Mdeblasi1991
lvl.3
United States

cheddar-man Posted at 8-15 00:15
Very vague question Mdeblasi1991 with very little information as to exactly which circuit board you're talking about. What has happened ?

The main board for the camera that often overheats and breaks during updates. The one you put the SD card in.
2020-8-15
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44062 ft

United Kingdom

Having been updating my P3A every time a new firmware version came out since 2016, I wasn't aware of this overheating problem when doing firmware updates? How do you know it has overheated, what are the symptoms?

This shop on Ebay has just about every spare for these outdated drones.........
2020-8-15
Use props
Mdeblasi1991
lvl.3
United States

cheddar-man Posted at 8-15 03:50
Having been updating my P3A every time a new firmware version came out since 2016, I wasn't aware of this overheating problem when doing firmware updates? How do you know it has overheated, what are the symptoms?

This shop on Ebay has just about every spare for these outdated drones.........

The symptoms are no video feed outside of update.  During,  the update comes to a halt, the camera board  displays a solid red light,  and produces a kind of grinding sound. It’s a pretty common issue actually, and the reason it is suggested by some to cool the board with a fan during updates. Unfortunately, even doing so resulted in this issue for me. I’ve since begun removing the camera board door for updates in addition to the fan. Just a side note: I was updating from 1.3.2 to 1.11.20, so perhaps such a large jump in firmware is cause for concern as well.
2020-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules