Ronin new firmware issues
8948 38 2014-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mossi
New

Australia

just uploaded the new Ronin firmware, and I seem to have lost any tilt function in smooth track mode.Pan function works fine and smoothtrack works fine, but as soon as I tilt down, the tilt axis stays locked.....?
I have reloaded the firmware, I have restored default settings and calibrated system.....but no joy......
Any ideas, solutions
Cheers
Paul

2014-11-20
Use props
evandro
lvl.2
Brazil

I also had the same problem, smooth track in tilt not work after update  the IMU
2014-11-21
Use props
chris.zmedia
lvl.1
United States

Same here.  No tilt functions.  Anyone able to contact DJI?
2014-11-21
Use props
evandro
lvl.2
Brazil

chris.zmedia@gm Posted at 2014-11-21 21:50
Same here.  No tilt functions.  Anyone able to contact DJI?

I am sending several e-mail to DJI but no one answers.
DJI please help !!!!!!
2014-11-22
Use props
Jmen
lvl.1

United States

what Ronin firmware IMU number ?
so i don't update for now..
2014-11-22
Use props
DJI-Julain
lvl.2

China

Hi sir , have you ever tried re upgrade with the latest firmware?
2014-11-23
Use props
evandro
lvl.2
Brazil

DJI-Julain Posted at 2014-11-23 16:29
yes this happened after the most recent update firmiware.
I tried, but it is not possible to upgrade again or remove the update.
Or am I not knowing do that
2014-11-23
Use props
DJI-Julain
lvl.2

China

evandro Posted at 2014-11-24 02:51
yes this happened after the most recent update firmiware.
I tried, but it is not possible to upgrade ...

Hi Sir, Could you send me an email to show this issue
My email address is xinghao.zhu@dji.com
2014-11-23
Use props
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
United States

What version of the firmware are you on? If you are still on 2.2, you'll need to re-download the new assistant software which also has been updated in order to upgrade to 2.3.
2014-11-23
Use props
evandro
lvl.2
Brazil

I discover the problem, you must download the latest version of the Assistant Software  in the dji website and then upgrade all, I was using version 1.2 of the  Assistant,  the latest version is 1.4thanks
2014-11-24
Use props
mossi
New

Australia

All seems to have been resolved with the latest IMU & GCU firmware.
I am using 1.4 of the Assistant.
Cheers
Paul
2014-11-29
Use props
k.krings
New

Germany

hello,

same issue here. Installed 2.2 and the hustle began. Now Gimbal OS  tells me to upgrade to 2.3. Upgrade tells me "done" but i can't again install this update again and again... so i cannot upgrade the device correctly. is there a chance to go back to the old firmware?

HELP!
2014-12-2
Use props
k.krings
New

Germany

Hey...its Karl.
2014-12-2
Use props
k.krings
New

Germany

yes and it does not work...i can upgrade as often as i want to but nothing changes...
2014-12-2
Use props
DJI-Julain
lvl.2

China

k.krings@pq-wor Posted at 2014-12-2 23:55
yes and it does not work...i can upgrade as often as i want to but nothing changes...

Sir, Did you try use the latest  version software V 1.4 to upgrade the firmware~
2014-12-2
Use props
k.krings
New

Germany

DJI-Julain Posted at 2014-12-3 08:56
Sir, Did you try use the latest  version software V 1.4 to upgrade the firmware~

i downloaded the latest Gimbal Software from your website. it is 1.4. same problem. any help?
2014-12-3
Use props
DJI-Julain
lvl.2

China

k.krings@pq-wor Posted at 2014-12-3 21:46
i downloaded the latest Gimbal Software from your website. it is 1.4. same problem. any help?

Could you send an video to show your issue. That would be great help for we to analyze
2014-12-3
Use props
k.krings
New

Germany

easy. turn on.
1. rolling to one side...like a smooth drift on roll axis.
2. briefcase mode also do not work very well. flip to this mode camera  is shaking around etc.
3. motors creating strange noise.
4. cannot upgrade to 2.3 Firmware Ronin/OS 5. Tilt mode is not working properly
2014-12-3
Use props
k.krings
New

Germany

VIDEO FILE...shot as good as possible.
evertime it change behavior. This time is like this...

Ronin Issue

2014-12-3
Use props
DJI-Julain
lvl.2

China

k.krings@pq-wor Posted at 2014-12-3 22:49
VIDEO FILE...shot as good as possible.
evertime it change behavior. This time is like this...

Hi Sir,
1, Need mount lens support to fix the camera lens (Could help decrease the high frequency vibration )

2, After well balanced and Auto Tune Stability , you could decrease the stiffness (Until no vibration)of witch axis have higher power or unstable power value

3, Smooth Track mode need us move the handle bar in advance  then camera could follow our movements  and recover to the position we need.  (Raise RONIN in a slant range could help camera to original balance position)

4,Still have no idea why can not upgrade to IMU V2.3 ? Could you tell me more details
2014-12-3
Use props
contact
New

France

DJI-Julain Posted at 2014-12-4 09:03
Hi Sir,
1, Need mount lens support to fix the camera lens (Could help decrease the high frequency  ...

Hi everyone,

I read all the post and still have problem... I updated my ronin (IMU) to v2.3 and from there I've got problem with the pan axis... when I turn it like "circle" it seems that the pan axis shut off for few seconds like safe mode... so the camera isn't stable like with the old version 2.2 (it worked perfectly)

My question is do you know how to downgrade the imu from 2.3 to 2.2... as I have to work with it and it is difficult... the ronin works but only with slow movements...

Thank you for your time and answer

Aurele
2015-1-14
Use props
post.striemerfi
New

Germany

Hi Guys,

Nice to read this Thread, and so I do know: I´m not alone with this same problems.
So I installed the new SW Version 1.4 for Mac (Osx10.10) and after that I installed the firmware 2.3.
Set up the Camera, trimm it, power on the Ronin, auto tune ( the first I missed was the automatic pan and Tilt check and I was wonder)
and than, after the auto tune,  I got no center in roll and pan axis !  Always Gratulation DJI !  
I tried, reset to default, calibrate with RC to center , start up, and shutdown the RC, i got the Problem that  i have no exactly horizon and Pan. Alway some degrees (5`) out of center.
So I want go back to 2.2 !!!!  That works so fine !!   I have the ronin in rental service  and i lost money with this terrible firmware update.

I m a Idiot, why I have change a running system ?!

DJI please give us the possibility to go back to FW 2.2 !!!  or please fix this problem  urgently !

Greetings from berlin !
2015-1-29
Use props
pentagon78
lvl.3
Flight distance : 520233 ft
Malaysia

I have the same problem too. You won't want the version 2.2 as your tilt function will be missing in Smoothtrack mode. We need to fall back to version 2.1. dJI Please help!
2015-2-1
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

Hong Kong

post.striemerfi Posted at 2015-1-29 20:37
Hi Guys,

Nice to read this Thread, and so I do know: I´m not alone with this same problems.

Hi, Sorry for the issue you met.
Please set the deadband to a lower volume, try 0. And calibrate the IMU for 3~4 times to see if that would work. And for better description of the symptom, could you post a video here?

2015-2-2
Use props
striemerfilm
New

Germany

Ok. I will make a video  soon , and Upload the link here. Until this Day, I ' m very very unhappy with the new Firmware.
The  Old Firmware was exzellent, but now I have a Lot of trouble with angry custoumers.
Is it. Possible to downgrade to 2.2 ? This Firmware was ideal for rental in all functions and Settings for People, which don't exactly know
What They do.
2015-2-3
Use props
striemerfilm
New

Germany

So, here is the link to the video!

Dji : Please make it possible to downgrade to the old  fw version.I want to fall back !

2015-2-5
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

Hong Kong

striemerfilm Posted at 2015-2-6 09:04
So, here is the link to the video! DJI Ronin FIRMWARE Issue Video

Dji : Please make it possible to  ...

Hi, Volker,
Thanks for the clear video with detailed illustration, it'a a Pan Axis drifting rather than Roll drifting.I also notice that around 4:00&14:18, the deadband of Pan Axis is 15 rather than 0? please adjust this volume to 0 when you use Smoothtrack (center) mode
Anyway, we will send downgrade version to you, please leave your email address here, or send message to support@dji.com .
Let's keep email contact to see if that can fix the problem.
2015-2-6
Use props
striemerfilm
New

Germany

Hi DjI Dboy,

thank You that You take the time to see this long video
Yes, its true, it seems to be a problem of the value of the smooth track mode with the deadband.
Today i have prepare the Gimbal for a  rental customer and could awkward fix the problem for a short time.
So i have made a new firmware update, Than set the gimbal to factory default, start up and the dead center was out of the  Pan center position. Than i have made a system calibration, Pan Axis was always out of center  Than i calibrate the Center withe the RC, reboot the gimbal and set the Deadband in Pan and Tilt in Smoothtrack to Zero. The Gimbal was drifting in the near of Dead Center with a deviation of 1-2  Degree.
So it was not perfect, but for the custom was it okay, he can work with it.
But I have testing to level up the Deadband ( to 1) sometime it is better to work with a headband, (it´s softer in movements) so the Pan axis begin to drift. This happens very very slow and take a while, but after some minute the Pan Axis is out of Center bei 15-20 degree.

I would love to accept Your Offer and fall down to the earlier Version. This was ideal for my purposes.
(rental) In our Business Broadcast and Film, we haven’t  to fumble long time, and this was the reason that I have change from a  expensive DIY Gimbal to Your System, is more plug and play.

Thanks. For direct contact please email to : post@striemerfilm.de.

Thanks in advance! for the IMU downgrade Software !
Volker
2015-2-6
Use props
steelej80.googl
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Dboy Posted at 2015-2-6 17:03
Hi, Volker,
Thanks for the clear video with detailed illustration, it'a a Pan Axis drifting rather  ...

Hi, I also have issues with pan deadband setting, could I also get a downgrade to v2.1 sent to steelej80@googlemail.com

Thanks.

John.
2015-2-6
Use props
steelej80.googl
lvl.2
United Kingdom

After downgrading to 2.1 it seems i'm still getting drift on the pan axis based on what the pan deadband setting is.

DJI is this a known issue that will be fixed in v2.4?

John.
2015-2-7
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

Hong Kong

steelej80.googl Posted at 2015-2-8 06:58
After downgrading to 2.1 it seems i'm still getting drift on the pan axis based on what the pan dead ...

Hi, John.
As we communicated via email, it's not a FW issue. Your situation is the head not turn back to mid if the deadband has a value (no drifting). The head will have a angel deviation to mid according with the deadband volume.
Instead, it's what deadband function is designed for. Setting xx value and it will ignore xx degree's deviation. Please refer to the manual in DJI's website.
2015-2-15
Use props
peli_peli
lvl.2
Flight distance : 698599 ft
Spain

Good afternoon, I have a Ronin since August 2014, all perfect and Since upgraded i to the latest version 2.3 of RONIN, I have problems.
- Often, after click end point test, or test smoothtrack loses the center pan or tilt, and I have to click default.
- when I move the Roll continuously, also moves the pan (stabilizing wrongly), and the engines off
- In Information app, no data appears hardware or firm.

The firmware perfect for my is 2.2!!!
I need the Gimbal Assistant 1.2 (pc), for downgrade the firmware from 2.3 to 2.1
my email is this: flyvisionrc@gmail.com
EDIT:
Now I have the version
Gimbal Asistant 1.2, still detects the latest version (2.3), and I can do nothing.
as is done, the downgrade the firmware from 2.3 to 2.1, with the Gimbal Asistant 1.2? Thank you Kevin for send me the GimbalAssistant 1.2
I have the same problem as in this video http://youtu.be/Yn4TuLyZZL8

2015-2-15
Use props
Redwind486
lvl.1
Flight distance : 645577 ft
United States

peli_peli@live. Posted at 2015-2-16 01:39
Good afternoon, I have a Ronin since August 2014, all perfect and Since upgraded i to the latest ver ...

I just got a ronin. It has firmware 2.0 and it does the whole spin around on the pan axis as well. Have you had any luck fixing it yet?
2015-2-18
Use props
joekeantang.gma
lvl.4

United States

evandro Posted at 2014-11-24 21:08
I discover the problem, you must download the latest version of the Assistant Software  in the dji w ...

hi Evandro, wuestion is off the subject , what gear do you have on your ronin, what type of camera and lens are you using?
2015-2-21
Use props
david
lvl.1
Italy

Hi,
Since i updated to 2.3 firmware, i also have issues : The roll axis does not stay at 0° it falls at -25°, even if i set it manually up with the remote.  When comes the 2.4 ?
2015-2-26
Use props
markytk
New

Hong Kong

I would also like to have 1.2 Assistant to downgrade to 2.2.  please send me the methods

markytk@gmail.com
2015-2-27
Use props
arturochu
lvl.1

Mexico

plz let me downgrade to imu 2.1 i have the same problem, i'm actually using a beta test of the 2.4 IMU.
2015-6-1
Use props
elie85
New

Roll smooth track is not working in IMU 1.3,
2015-8-19
Use props
elie85
New

For ronin M
2015-8-19
Use props