Can the phantom 4 pro do this?
716 6 2020-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mrbill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 717100 ft
United Kingdom

Here's what I'd like to do, which is slightly similar to orbit mode - I'd like to be able to drop a poi on a map, then fly straight lines past the poi, and have the camera track the poi. I'd like not to be able to fly a circle around the poi, but fly straight lines of my choice past  it.  Does any flight mode offer this functionality?

Thanks in advance
2020-8-15
Use props
GlenH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16 ft

United States

why don't you try putting it in line with your wave points  if you want to go straight put a wave point then put your poi then another wave point after the poi I am no expert but that seems like it would work
2020-8-15
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

2020-8-15
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

Sounds like Course Lock mode would be your best option. In Course Lock mode you set a direction to be the foward direction, then once set, no matter which way the nose is pointed, pressing foward on the controller will always make it go foward, even if the camera is pointed backwards or sideways.
2020-8-15
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Course Lock and of course Litchi works well for this!!

Randy
2020-8-15
Use props
mrbill
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I don’t think I explained this very well. I want the camera to track a point of interest, just like in orbit mode. What I don’t want to do though, is fly around that point of interest in a circle - I want to fly straight lines past the point of interest, but still have the camera tracking the poi. I don’t need any help flying in a straight line, so course lock isn’t relevant in this instance
2020-8-16
Use props
mrbill
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Found what I was looking for - Focus mode in Litchi
2020-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules