DJI Batteries how to be sure they're genuine?
966 9 2020-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Smashey1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173422 ft
Ireland

Just picked up a second hand drone which came with 2 DJI batteries but...

Both batteries are slightly odd. The Drone is a P4P Obsidian and I've 1 dark grey battery and one standard white. Both are marked as ''PH4-5870mAh-15.2v'', but both inlays are white. I thought the Obsidian batteries were a sort of mid grey. Appart from that the battery reports correctly in the drone and on my Airdata reports. Did some of the genuine Obsidian batteries ship with the white inlays?

The white battery reports a different serial number in the Airdata report than it shows on the case and the Airdata report also shows the battery as a standard capacity (5350mAh) model.

I suspect the white and possibly the obsidian batteries have been 'refurbished' to say the least. Ive seen generic DJI clone batteries and these look like they're made from genuine DJI parts but I'm not sure either have the original Li-Po cells fitted. I've flown the drone without incident with both batteries and both show good performance. The Obsidian coloured one has 23 charge cycles, reports 98% health on the airdata app and shows linear drain, temprature increase and very little varience between cell voltages in use. The white battery has 50 charge cycles and reports 95% health and is similarly linear in performance. Both batteries are giving me about 20 mins flight time running down to about 30%.

I will be looking for replacement batteries but in the meantime should I be overly concerned?

Suspect Obsidian Battery

Suspect Obsidian Battery
2020-8-15
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Hello Mate !! If the cells are balanced and there are no swellings, I would not worry, just to monitor them often in their operation and storage, check that they drop to their Self-discharge level.

Have a nice weekend !!
2020-8-15
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

In my Phantom 3 Se i use 3 batteries ,only one is original , the other ones are Odec Bateries , running ok ... without Problems
2020-8-15
Use props
DNR 1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1689478 ft
United States

You probably want to go low and slow with them just to test drive them out.
2020-8-15
Use props
Smashey1
lvl.4
Ireland

DNR 1 Posted at 8-15 19:12
You probably want to go low and slow with them just to test drive them out.

Thanks - and absolutely.

I've run through 3 full cycles with each now and I've a bit more confidence in them, but I'm always watchful. My "C2" customisable button brings up battery details and I reference that constantly while flying.
2020-8-16
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Smashey1 Posted at 8-16 01:47
Thanks - and absolutely.

I've run through 3 full cycles with each now and I've a bit more confidence in them, but I'm always watchful. My "C2" customisable button brings up battery details and I reference that constantly while flying.

I use same c2 Button in my Phantom 4 to check batteries faster
2020-8-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Smashey1. Thank you for reaching out and for these information that you have given us. Can you please send me the serial number of the said battery through PM for me to be able to check the said serial number to our DJI Database. Thank you.
2020-8-16
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Smashey1 Posted at 8-16 01:47
Thanks - and absolutely.

Follow Dji Stephen advice to be sure , it is the best way
2020-8-16
Use props
Smashey1
lvl.4
Ireland

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-16 22:05
Hello there Smashey1. Thank you for reaching out and for these information that you have given us. Can you please send me the serial number of the said battery through PM for me to be able to check the said serial number to our DJI Database. Thank you.

PM Sent - Thanks for your help with this.
2020-8-16
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Compare the battery connectors.
2020-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now