1177 33 2020-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Capt. Steve
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7344475 ft
  • >>>
United States

Before asking for help, I want everyone to know that I am and remain a huge Mavic 2 Pro and Inspire II fan and have nothing to kudos for DJI, in spite of some of the glitches from time to time.  Nothing I have not been able to resolve or adjust to.  I have become a super fan of the Mavic 2 Pro and have bought 2 to date.  I sold one like a dummy and I went through a little separation anxiety and ordered a new one within a week.....  Dont ask!  

Today something happened that I never thought would happen to me, I lost Haanna B (yes, I name my drones after my daughter)..  I am not sure what happened but I was flying over water, batteries have over 40 charges but never gave me troubles and was flying around with charge remaining 40% or more.  One minutes she was flying in while filming her approach and the next, lost signal.  I waited and waited for a RTH but nothing.  I looked on the screen of the smart controller and nothing.  I soon gave up and cam back to the base camp to see the flight data.  There was a inconsistent firmaware and update message when I started this am and I did do the update.  That is the only difference of an otherwise normal flight.  One last note, the screen did indicated upward object before disappearing.

Is there a way to view videos and pictures and upload to my laptop to view?  Can I upload what was taken and filmed from my smart conroller?

2020-8-15
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry to read that - it sounds like a bird strike
2020-8-15
Use props
Capt. Steve
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

What I fear....  Why I want to see how to view the last minutes of videos to see if it shows something.  one of those days I suppose
2020-8-15
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Capt. Steve Posted at 8-15 11:15
What I fear....  Why I want to see how to view the last minutes of videos to see if it shows something.  one of those days I suppose

Did you have the app save video cache?  
2020-8-15
Use props
Capt. Steve
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I want to say yes.  I have the flight data and showing me pictures but no videos and I cannot upload.
2020-8-15
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Capt. Steve Posted at 8-15 11:24
I want to say yes.  I have the flight data and showing me pictures but no videos and I cannot upload.

Without both the micro SD card and the video cache in the app I don't think there is any way of retrieving the video - just the flight records.  
2020-8-15
Use props
Capt. Steve
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

So sad to hear that.  Well, I appreciate it the response.  I am going to swim out tomorrow where I think I saw a bird dive, maybe was the mavic 2 Pro.  
2020-8-15
Use props
TerminalVelocity
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6248064 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you can download the flight logs and DAT file, perhaps someone can help analyse the flight data and provide an explanation for the crash.  If it was a bird strike, I would think that it would have signs such as a sudden motor stoppage or even a sudden change in attitude.   It could also be that the battery latches failed and you lost power.  Bottom line, the flight data may help add closure to this mishap event.
2020-8-15
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Capt. Steve Posted at 8-15 13:27
So sad to hear that.  Well, I appreciate it the response.  I am going to swim out tomorrow where I think I saw a bird dive, maybe was the mavic 2 Pro.

You're welcome and sorry to hear of what happened again. You can of course upload your flight records as I said but I see your question was specifically about gaining access to the video so we'll leave it at that.
Hope you replace it or may be wait for the M3 as and when it's released.
2020-8-15
Use props
Capt. Steve
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I greatly appreciate your comments and already ordered a new Mavic 2.  Cant wait for the 3 to surface though...
2020-8-15
Use props
Capt. Steve
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TerminalVelocity Posted at 8-15 14:14
If you can download the flight logs and DAT file, perhaps someone can help analyse the flight data and provide an explanation for the crash.  If it was a bird strike, I would think that it would have signs such as a sudden motor stoppage or even a sudden change in attitude.   It could also be that the battery latches failed and you lost power.  Bottom line, the flight data may help add closure to this mishap event.

A great idea.  I have the flight data and going to do exactly that.  
2020-8-15
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Capt. Steve Posted at 8-15 14:50
I greatly appreciate your comments and already ordered a new Mavic 2.  Cant wait for the 3 to surface though...

You’re welcome and good luck with the new one. Although the video is not retrievable the flight records may shed more light on what happened to help prevent it happening again.
2020-8-15
Use props
Capt. Steve
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I plan on going out there in the morning at low tides and look around.  I think what I originally thought was a bird diving for fish may have been my drone.  ITs not too far out, I did take a landmark of where I was standing and will swim or walk out and see If I can find her.  Thank you!
2020-8-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

So much talk but so little data.
The flight data would show a bird strike very clearly.
If you want to know what happened, posting the data is almost always the first step.
2020-8-15
Use props
Capt. Steve
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Goodpoint, I have been trying to do just that.  How can I transfer it from the smart controller to a sd card or can I upload direct to my laptop?
2020-8-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Capt. Steve. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Since this unfortunate event happened I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a professional team that will do there best to check what happened to the said drone and will give out the best resolution for this issue. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.
2020-8-16
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

With a normal controller and an android phone the logs can be accessed by connecting the phone to a comptuter via cable. It maybe possible to bluetooth etc. the logs to a computer but if so I do not know how.
Under Windows the folder path, via a cable connection, to the .txt flight logs is
Computer\phone's_name\Phone\DJI\dji.go.v4\FlightRecord
In "FlightRecord" there may be a further folder called "MCDatFlightRecords" , if there is it should contain the .DAT flight logs

If the smart controller functions in the same way as an Android phone then that may be where you will find the logs. If you do find the logs I would suggest copying ALL OF THEM to your computer for safe keeping.
As I understand it "sync'ing" logs wipes the DAT logs once they have been uploaded, consequently I do not "sync"
2020-8-17
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-17 02:28
For the record, syncing flight records does NOT erase the logs from the device.  In fact, if you sign another device into your account with a virgin copy of the app, you will discover syncing downloads all the flight records to the new device.

You might notice I wrote "wipes the DAT logs".
I would also have to say that your statement differs from that of others elsewhere. As I said I do not sync so I am not in a position to speak with first hand knowledge but I am inclined to err on the side of caution. It would be a pity for someone to find out that the others were indeed correct if that someone needed the DAT logs and had sync'd.
I am sure you will correct me if I am wrong but a sync'ing download to virgin device involves the transfer of .txt flight logs and NOT the transfer of .DAT flight logs
I have 'done this' manually by copying the relevant .txt flight logs from my computer, via USB cable, to a "FlightRecord" folder of a virgin device. That device then had a functioning set of logs in its profile etc. section.
From memory the experiment also showed that the original naming scheme of any txt flight logs so transferred to a device must be maintained, if it is not then the 'renamed' log will not be 'seen' by the app
reply quote .png
2020-8-17
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sean-newbie Posted at 8-17 01:52
With a normal controller and an android phone the logs can be accessed by connecting the phone to a comptuter via cable. It maybe possible to bluetooth etc. the logs to a computer but if so I do not know how.
Under Windows the folder path, via a cable connection, to the .txt flight logs is
Computer\phone's_name\Phone\DJI\dji.go.v4\FlightRecord

Hiya,

i use a "kiwibird", see this

use on travelling to secure my logs/dats etc.

cheers
JJB
2020-8-17
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Neat, but can you give the procedure for 'instructing' the device to transfer or copy the logs to card etc. please? Thanks

PS does the procedure move the files or does it copy them.
2020-8-17
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Oh well maybe they were wrong then, I still wont sync though and will back up to computer etc.
It would be interesting if you would sync a virgin device an see if dat files are transferred.
By the way if the device is one from which one or more of the dji apps have been uninstalled then I would suggest you manually remove the DJI file structure. I have seen it and the logs it contained left behind after the app had been unistalled
2020-8-17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Capt. Steve Posted at 8-15 18:34
Goodpoint, I have been trying to do just that.  How can I transfer it from the smart controller to a sd card or can I upload direct to my laptop?

How can I transfer it from the smart controller to a sd card or can I upload direct to my laptop?
Go to: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
... where you'll find instructions.
That will give a report you can post a link for the report here.
Or just post the .txt file.
2020-8-17
Use props
Capt. Steve
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 8-15 17:04
You’re welcome and good luck with the new one. Although the video is not retrievable the flight records may shed more light on what happened to help prevent it happening again.

Yes. I suspect the diving bird in and around the same time was the Mavic.  I am going to upload the flight data to share.  Think I know what happened and embarrassingly to admit may have been operator error...
2020-8-17
Use props
Capt. Steve
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

JJB* Posted at 8-17 02:57
Hiya,

i use a "kiwibird", see this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10gVV2xBRpg

A great Idea, thank you!
2020-8-17
Use props
Capt. Steve
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-16 22:18
Hello there Capt. Steve. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Since this unfortunate event happened I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a professional team that will do there best to check what happened to the said drone and will give out the best resolution for this issue. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.

Thank you for your prompt response.  I suspect operator error on this one but not 100% on this.  I will reach out to your team of experts and hoping to understand what happened.  I need to download the flight data and thanks to the responses here, I now know how to do so.  I will work on this later this afternoon.  Again, thank you.
2020-8-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try uploading the log here - http://phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2020-8-17
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-17 03:12
I just synced Go4.  I then checked & both the text & dat files are still there.

It just occurred to me, did I get the DAT logs from the phone mixed up with the DAT logs on the drone?
2020-8-18
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-18 10:20
Both my Go4 & Fly "FlightRecord" folders have a subfolder named "MCDatFlightRecord".  These contains .DAT files.  My Go (DJIPilot) does not have the subfolder & there are only .TXT files.

Agreed but I was asking if I might have mixed up deletion, on syncing, of the logs on the drone (the encrypted ones that are accessed via the USB-C port on the drone and the Assistant 2 whatever software on a computer) with the logs in MCDatFlightRecord
2020-8-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Still no data to look at.
All I need is the .txt file.
2020-8-18
Use props
Capt. Steve
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Well, to my surprised, I received a text today from a charter captain that he found my drone.  I am picking it up tomorrow in Clearwater and hoping the SD card works.  I was filming when it disappeared.  I have tried to no end to upload the flight data.  I even recorded it and tried to upload on this thread but did not like work.  I just added an image (picture of my drone the Capt. sent me) .  Will know more soon I hope...Thansk for all your responses.  I truly appreciate all your assist.
2020-8-18
Use props
Capt. Steve
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2020-8-18
Use props
Capt. Steve
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2020-8-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Capt. Steve Posted at 8-18 16:21
Well, to my surprised, I received a text today from a charter captain that he found my drone.  I am picking it up tomorrow in Clearwater and hoping the SD card works.  I was filming when it disappeared.  I have tried to no end to upload the flight data.  I even recorded it and tried to upload on this thread but did not like work.  I just added an image (picture of my drone the Capt. sent me) .  Will know more soon I hope...Thansk for all your responses.  I truly appreciate all your assist.

I have tried to no end to upload the flight data.
If you've found the .txt file, just put it on dropbox or similar and post a link here.
How far away did the good captain find the drone?

2020-8-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Capt. Steve Posted at 8-17 03:56
Thank you for your prompt response.  I suspect operator error on this one but not 100% on this.  I will reach out to your team of experts and hoping to understand what happened.  I need to download the flight data and thanks to the responses here, I now know how to do so.  I will work on this later this afternoon.  Again, thank you.

Hi there Capt. Steve. You are very much welcome and it is great to know that you will contact our DJI Support team with regards to this matter. Rest assured that our team will do there best to know what really happened to the said DJI drone and will give out the best resolution. Thank you.
2020-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules